Everything posted by bearpants
-
Bombers bringing Bisons' QB Yantz to TC
I don't think it's a complete waste of time... first of all, from what I saw from Yantz last year (I'll admit it was limited) he is a pretty skilled kid... skilled enough to play at the CFL level? maybe not.... but certainly good enough to learn a thing or two from some professional coaches and players and take it back to improve the bisons this season.... so if all he really gets is a chance to improve at the CIS level and help the Bisons that can still be a valuable experience for him. I think I agree with most that some kind of QB development program for NI QBs would be nice to see...
-
Madani: CFLPA Recommends Strike Vote To Members
Bob Young
-
Madani: CFLPA Recommends Strike Vote To Members
It was well publicized that Mike Morreale met with Dee Smith (NFLPA) and Don Fehr (NHLPA) on several occasions to get advice on how to handle this negotiation... Maybe he was kicked out for being too smart
-
Madani: CFLPA Recommends Strike Vote To Members
It's truly amazing. It's like they think the fans are completely unfamiliar with the CFL. Every time Flory speaks he pushes my loyalty further towards the owners. We need to keep in mind that firing coaches and management costs the Bombers money? Gee, thanks Flory. So you're suggesting that we should still have Kelly around? Go shove a pineapple up your arse. That does it. I honestly truly wanted the players to reap some benefits this time around but I'm done with them. Flory is an imbecile. For all I care they can continue to play under the exact same terms as the old CBA. Screw their raise. Flory can stop insulting our intelligence. He can stop trying to carefully shape crap into facts because he's terrible at it. All he ever needed to say is that many of the players are underpaid for the jobs they do because that's true. That might be the only true thing that's come out of his mouth in the last month. Jackass. I don't think I've grown quite as sour as you... yet.... but I do believe the players deserve a raise... maybe something along the lines of the very fair deal the CFL offered when they went public last week... a bigger initial bump in the cap would be ok too.
-
Unannounced names from this weekend
Are Peterson and Prince both Imports? Seems like we have a lot of import tackles on the roster... I'm also assuming that OL + Imp = OT
-
Nick's Quick Score Chips
I saw them at a Coop in Regina a couple years ago.... summer 2012 I believe
-
Bombers sign Briggs and Jones
Yes it would sure be nice to finally see some of our draft picks making early contributions and sticking with the team for a while...
-
Argos' Future In Limbo
Interesting that the Feds won't put up any money for a Pan-Am related expansion but they did for Timmy's field in Hammy... Or at least that was my interpretation, I don't have all the info
-
Madani: CFLPA Recommends Strike Vote To Members
That "statement of facts" the CFLPA released solidifies just how amateur the PA really is....
-
Riders unveil their new barn
I agree completely... for everyone who has told me they wanted a covered roof I said is it really worth having a roof for the one game in Nov when it's -15 and then losing out on the other 8-9 games in the beautiful summer weather.... Imagine a beautiful July saturday, 25 degrees, then showing up to the stadium to sit inside and watch football...
-
Riders unveil their new barn
Haha that's a good point.... I remember when they first determined a $400M retractable roof stadium was "feasible".... I was discussing it with a Rider fan friend and he was convinced it would happen, to which I responded "where. exactly, is this magical $400M gonna come from?!?"
-
Free Agency - 2014...
He usually requires a few steps offside though...
-
Free Agency - 2014...
He was a FA who wasn't offered a new contract.... and it's not a coincidence no other team has offered him a contract either
-
Riders unveil their new barn
why are the seats different in the uncovered endzone?
-
[MERGED] Bombers sign RB Kevin Smith
Kind of, but not really... he became expendable when the Lions signed Reggie Bush.... Joique Bell was a better "change of pace" back to compliment Bush.... but Smith definitely had more than one injury
-
Replacement players opinions?
With the luck we've had we'd put together a stellar cast of replacement players that starts the season 6-0.... only to fall back to reality once our real players return
-
Kris Robertson Signs
possibly... Teague Sherman is also still floating around, if I'm not mistaken
-
Madani: CFLPA Recommends Strike Vote To Members
It feels like, despite all that was said, they are now starting to negotiate through the media... at least trying to get fans on their side...
-
Madani: CFLPA Recommends Strike Vote To Members
I find it hard to believe that either side is stupid enough to think a work stoppage helps anyone.... If they don't get this hashed out then I guess they'll prove me wrong
-
[MERGED] Bombers sign RB Kevin Smith
I hope he's in Mall Rats mode, some of his finest work!
-
Congrats on your wedding Buck
Why weren't we all invited??
-
Kory Sheets Cheap Shots CFL
It's kind of self explanatory, but umm...ok... flun·ky also flun·key (flŭng′kē) n. pl. flun·kies also flun·keys 1. A person of slavish or unquestioning obedience; a lackey. 2. One who does menial or trivial work; a drudge. 3. A liveried manservant It's usually coined for someone who has failed a lot in their life and therefor allows themselves to become someone else's slave or lackey. That's kinda what I was thinking... but then wouldn't a "CFL flunky" be someone who kinda "flunked out" of the CFL (like Goltz, Boltus), not someone who went on to bigger and better things??... that's the only reason it didn't make sense to me...
-
Some new players and where you guys think they might fit in 2014
I'm excited to see what Newman brings.... I remember seeing him play in spot duty last year and thinking "why are Saskie's NI back-ups better than our starters?!".... Newman will bring the versatility that Butler brought/will bring to Sask/Ham
-
Free Agency - 2014...
I partially agree... I would consider him to be a luxury... I fully expect to start the season without signing him.... but if we could somehow pull off a deal that would be a huge bonus
-
Important notice regarding the future of MBB.com
I've only been here a few months but I've really enjoyed it.... I'm sure some people recognized me from bombers.com and a brief stint on OB.... anyways, thanks for putting this site together and congats on one year... speaking of twitter, follow me @bear_pants, I'll follow back since that's more of my game-day go-to than the fan sites...