Main Camp Day 1 (Reports and Discussion)

Bob Wylie still absent from practice. Second practice in a row. Penton told me he's been told that's a question for coach O'Shea.

The OLs are mostly taking turns lining up all over the place. Goossen getting most of the reps at centre. Morley taking reps at centre and RG. Neufeld appears to be the starting RT...getting the most reps there.

Swiston standing on the sidelines not practicing. Including Swiston I count 15 OL here today.

Willy with a beauty deep pass completed to Kemp. Randle was the the DB.

Kevin Smith hurt himself in one on one drills. He's trying to walk it off on the sidelines.

Bob Wylie still absent from practice. Second practice in a row. Penton told me he's been told that's a question for coach O'Shea.

The OLs are mostly taking turns lining up all over the place. Goossen getting most of the reps at centre. Morley taking reps at centre and RG. Neufeld appears to be the starting RT...getting the most reps there.

Swiston standing on the sidelines not practicing. Including Swiston I count 15 OL here today.

Willy with a beauty deep pass completed to Kemp. Randle was the the DB.

Kevin Smith hurt himself in one on one drills. He's trying to walk it off on the sidelines.

Thanks a lot for the updates for those of us who can't make it.

regarding wylie, When they announced they signed him, they technically didn't name him oline coach, just basically said he'd be helping out with the oline. Wonder if maybe he has other commitments the last couple of days. I guess technically he is our oline coach but... that's not what they are calling him is it?

Drew Willy looking much better today.

From the WRs that stood out today: Moore, Watson, Kelly, Denmark, and Urrutia looking good all with some nice catches.

Our D-line looks sick good. It'll be better than last year.

In terms of punting, Hajrullahu and Renaud look even in terms of distance. Both consistently around 60 yards. My early prediction is Renaud is our punter and Hajrullahu is our PK this season. Maher hasn't stood out enough to me to warrant using an import spot.

OT's are Jones, January, Neufeld, Peterson. The rest of the OL are practicing as centre or guard. Swiston injured but I believe he's a tackle.

My thought is, if the players are getting hurt, because we are pushing them to hard, then maybe the players haven't done enough in the offseason, or atleast this spring to get their bodies into game shape.

Easy for me to say though, I work at a desk job. That being said I started training for Winnipeg rec league ultimate frisbee an month before it started. And this is 1 hour games with only running :)