Ted Laurent expected to sign with Ticats

According to the CFL, the Ti Cats are poor yet they seem to have the $$$ to go out & sign players. But yet the CBA isn't signed. I find that (in the words of Mr. Spock) fascinating.

If it within the cap, who cares ? And some dont even care about blowing the cap if it means a title.

Big signing. Defense was HAM's achilles heel last year and they've adressed that in spades.

According to the CFL, the Ti Cats are poor yet they seem to have the $$$ to go out & sign players. But yet the CBA isn't signed. I find that (in the words of Mr. Spock) fascinating.

If it within the cap, who cares ? And some dont even care about blowing the cap if it means a title.

Big signing. Defense was HAM's achilles heel last year and they've adressed that in spades.

Look who they've signed on that roster. They know the cap is going up so they spent the $$$ that magically Cohon says they don't have. Meanwhile the CFL is crying poor & in limbo.

This really should result in a pretty decent Canadian DT being cast aside by Hamilton.

Unless they plan on keeping Atkinson, Bulcke, Hazime AND Laurent.

Hard to guage Atkinson as he hasnt played yet. But they love Hazime and with good reason.

This really should result in a pretty decent Canadian DT being cast aside by Hamilton.

Unless they plan on keeping Atkinson, Bulcke, Hazime AND Laurent.

Do you see any of those guys as upgrades over Thomas/Lucas?

Bulcke and Hazime definitely are, Atkinson is impossible to tell and might not be a fit in our D but he rates well as a prospect.

True, a little annoying that Hamilton cries poor and then does this. Biggest reason why I don't like revenue sharing. Ok, bitching over.

Sounds like you dont like the cap system either.

I don't like the system now, period. Braley's puppet Mark Cohon crying poor & then Hamilton signing a high profile player like Ted Laurent, no problem. The NHL was doing the same after the first lockout in 2005 as a few GMs went out & signed players to huge contracts with ridiculously long terms. Like the deal in Vancouver with Roberto Luongo & the Isles with Rick DiPietro, It made the NHL look like fools as fans knew they were played by Bettman. Just like fans are being played by Cohon now.

Bulcke would get Hamilton a pretty good haul in trade, but hard to say if Bulcke would accept a trade, he has a pretty lucrative education to fall back on.

They also have Gascon-Nadon as depth at DE, and a few draft picks who aren't yet on the roster (Gaydosh, Gill).

No way HAM throws away that kind of flexibility unless they were desperately worried about O-line, their only real question mark right now. WPG have anything to give up in that dept ?

True, a little annoying that Hamilton cries poor and then does this. Biggest reason why I don't like revenue sharing. Ok, bitching over.

Sounds like you dont like the cap system either.

I don't like the system now, period. Braley's puppet Mark Cohon crying poor & then Hamilton signing a high profile player like Ted Laurent, no problem. The NHL was doing the same after the lockout as a few GMs went out & signed players to huge contracts with ridiculously long terms. Like the deal in Vancouver with Roberto Luongo & the Isles with Rick DiPietro, It made the NHL look like fools as fans knew they were played by Bettman. Just like fans are being played by Cohon now.

Provide a quote where Cohon or young says they dont have any money to spend then I'll agree. Owners are saying the union's idea that it is prohibitive to teams like HAM to make a future profit. Big difference.

I'm going out on a limb here ... if Evan Gill plays in the CFL, it will be in Winnipeg.

I can see us trading a 2016 second rounder for him this time next year.

You can have him. Total douchebag move he made on HAM.

That money is getting spent on players whether Laurent signs with the Ti-Cats or not.  It's not like the Ticats are spending more than the other teams in the league on players.

I'm going out on a limb here ... if Evan Gill plays in the CFL, it will be in Winnipeg.

I can see us trading a 2016 second rounder for him this time next year.

You can have him. Total douchebag move he made on HAM.

If they didn't know he was leaning heavily towards finishing up with the Bisons and trying the NFL, they were the only ones.