Everything posted by bearpants
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
I think a bigger contributor to a guy "returning home" is getting prepared for post-football life... the CFL, unlike other professional leagues, does not set one up financially for retirement life... so if a guy wants to finish a degree or start working in his hometown, it makes perfect sense to want to return home near the end of his career...
-
The Health Thread
Wow, A lot of great stuff on this thread... thanks for everyone for sharing... I wanted to "like" and quote nearly half the posts but it just seemed easier to chime in with my history and experiences... I have battled with weight my entire life.... while I have always been active and never been obese it was always tough growing up as the chubby kid... the most I've ever seen on the scale (I'm fairly sure it's been higher I've just never seen it) is 242 lbs... I am currently 30 years old, around 6'1 (which is the height I've been since I was about 14) and weigh in the high 190s... in the past 10 years I have fluctuated from the aforementioned 242 to as low as 177 (this was when I was working an extremely active job and I pretty much couldn't eat enough to gain weight)... as soon as I went back to a desk job, it probably only took 6 months to get back to around 220... Everyone's plan will be different and I've always maintained that finding what works for each individual is the best solution... as somebody mentioned earlier there is no one right way to maintain a healthy weight... it's all about finding a plan that work for you and your lifestyle and sticking to it (I believe it was voodoo but sorry I can't remember)... A little over a year ago I saw a friend that I hadn't seen in a few months and he was noticeable thinner... he had been around 275 and at this point he was probably around 230 (he's healthily about 175-180 now)... he introduced me to the keto diet... So I started working on my own version of it... basically the plan was not to go full keto but just cut out some garbage carbs like bread and pasta and reduce sugars and fruits... at the time I was uncomfortably around 210 and my wedding was 3 months away... after making a few changes I was able to get down to around 195 by the wedding and I've been floating around that weight for some time now... for me exercise has never been a problem... I love hitting the gym and lifting and playing sports... I used to run a lot too (I ran 5 half-marathons from 2011-2015) but I've slowed down on that the past few years due to knee issues... Final though (sorry for the long winded post)... for those thinking about yoga, I would 100% recommend it... I actually really like hot yoga because even though I generally sweat a disgusting amount (sorry to the people near me at yoga class) I've always enjoyed the "cleansing" feeling of a good sweat... Thanks for reading
-
CFL Insider Lawless Leaving Canada
I'm sure people in their 60s listened to Howard as a kid!... that man will die at the mic.... and I think here's the answer to your next question: Kelly Parker - 94.3 (afternoons, I think) Brian Cook - some shitty country station (I guess if it's a country station, shitty is self-explanatory) Beau - 99.9 BOB (morning show with Mark Morris) Tom - I've seen pictures of him floating around social media and he seems to be the only guy to be retired; Frazier - I have so idea if she is still working...
-
Hard Analysis: Is this THE year?
I don't know...not sure if the Bombers will be resting starters and give Calgary a chance to even up the season series...
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
Is this a tweet from Dunk pumping his own tires... or someone else giving him credit?
-
Bombers interested in bringing a Soccer Team to Winnipeg?
Toronto and Vancouver already have successful MLS franchises... I would guess those cities would not even be involved in this league...
-
CFL Draft
I like what Duane Forde said about Spooner.... not the best cfl ready OL in the draft but the most athletic and highest ceiling... We don't need an OL to start this year so if Spooner takes a few years to develop, maybe it'll line up nicely with the return or Geoff Gray and we have a solid foundation on the OL for years to come...
-
CFL Draft
I'm not sure if anyone posted Marshall Furguson's last mock: http://www.cfl.ca/2017/05/05/mock-3-0-bombers-got-faith/ I found it interesting that he has Randy Colling falling all the way to the eighth round...
-
CFL Insider Lawless Leaving Canada
https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/news/veteran-tsn-analyst-gary-lawless-to-join-golden-knights-content-team/c-289240854 "Lawless will officially join the Golden Knights organization on June 6."
-
CFL Draft
Arash Madani is now reporting that Walters is in talks with Faith Ekaktite's agent... as per the twitter feed on this site...
-
CFL Draft
I think I'd like the pick to be Dariusz Bladek... he's not the biggest position of need... but when you eliminate the NFL bound players he looks like the top player on the board to me... I think the Bombers can still get a good D-lineman at 6 or 15...
-
CFL Insider Lawless Leaving Canada
What is Penton history reporting on hockey?... I can only really recall him being a football reporter... but I'm sure every sports reporter in Canada has worked in hockey at some point in their career...
-
CFL Draft
Maybe they've politely asked him not to (the most Canadian solution imaginable)... and he will oblige so as to not garner any ill will with the league...
-
MTS Centre - re-entry no longer allowed
no big deal at all IMO.... I'm a little surprised there's no designated smoking section... but I guess it's a lot harder at MTS than at IGF where every entrance in outdoors...
-
CFL Draft
I feel like most of us are teetering on our feelings... we would love to see a Manitoba kid carve out a successful NFL career and make millions... but at the same time, we selfishly want him to fizzle out and return home in a few years...
-
CFL Draft
Nay idea how many of these guys were "priority UDFAs" with significant signing bonuses?
-
CFL Draft
Serious question... why does everyone hate Ekatitie so much?... I watched the highlight film posted above.... he gets double teamed on a lot of those plays... seems to have a high motor and sniffs out the ball carrier well... looked decent to me... but I don't exactly analyse a lot of tape...
-
CFL Draft
Was this supposed to be a pun?....
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
The niners were very high on Rogers last year... then the leg (or was it knee?) injury.... then a 2-14 season... then a regime change... and now Rogers is looking for work... that's how quickly you can go from hero to zero in this business...
-
CFL Draft
it's the kind of year that could see 10 different analysts/bloggers create 10 completely different mock drafts... actually the CFL draft is usually like that! at least he can afford it now... plus chicken is much cheaper in the US...
-
Depth Chart
I'd have to find it, but I'm pretty sure in the article that announced he was eligible for the draft as a NI he mentioned something about following the Bombers while getting into the CFL...
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
I think it had to do with the fact that we had him, then released him for an NFL opportunity, then thought enough of him to bring him back... lead a lot of us to believe there was real starter potential there... Or we just really wanted someone to call the Fresh Prince....
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
from Darrin Bauming on twitter
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
Among the releases is Brendan Tennant... leads me to believe Faith Ekakitie or maybe even Collings might be the target at #1 now...
-
2017 NHL Playoffs
How could you not be inspired playing with Clarke MacCurther and Craig Anderson... that team certainly looks like they have something to play for... Bang on... don't sleep on Nashville... Edmonton might get past Anaheim... but Nashville looks like the team to beat right now...