Everything posted by bearpants
-
CFL Draft
I realize you made this comment before Gray signed with Green Bay... but I'm wondering if your opinion is still that same knowing he wouldn't be here for, at least, 3 years... maybe never... Green Bay is known for developing their UDFAs.... Gray is known as a guy who is willing to put in the work... seems like a match made in heaven from both sides...
- Ed Tait...Mini Camp Preview (and) Reports
-
CFL Draft
I think my favourite part of this article might be the accompanying picture of Kyle Walters with Joe Mack sneering in the background...
-
CFL Draft
yeah I kinda just read the headline and the first paragraph and thought this guy could be a first rounder... then after reading the whole thing it sounds like he may be a futures pick for someone later in the draft...
-
CFL Draft
Interesting... not sure if this has been mentioned yet... http://3downnation.com/2017/04/26/game-changing-linebacker-late-add-to-cfl-draft/ EDIT: after reading the full article it sounds like he has realistic NFL chances... so I guess we'll wait and see...
-
Around The NHL 2016/2017
yeah, he didn't really do much for the Flames during their 2004 run...
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
I believe we may be down to three... I don't think Teague Sherman is with the Bombers anymore
-
2017 MBB Playoff Challenge
I had Minnesota and Montreal in the finals... how am I doing???
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
But the problem with that is Bennet immediately became a FA once the season ending b/c he was on the PR... so we would have to sign Bennet to a contract first, then he would've been "protected"
-
2011 CFL re-draft
That should be a no-brainer... with the benefit of hindsight how can one possibly rank Parker and Ianuzzi ahead of Sinopoli?? 2016 stats: Sinopoli - 90 catches for 1036 yards and 4 TDs Parker and Ianuzzi combined - 80 catches for 1014 yards and 4 TDs
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
I guess they have Muamba penciled in at MLB so no use in having a bunch of American back-ups...
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
I don't know what the point of this is.... but a gif of Sylvester the cat crushing darts and chugging coffee will get 1000 likes from me any day of the week... twice on sunday!
-
WHC 2017
yeah they've announced the initial 18 players named to the team http://www.tsn.ca/canada-announces-first-18-players-for-worlds-1.728609
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
The fact that Tor got him for so little suggests Mtl was trying to get rid of his salary...
-
WHC 2017
Sounds like a pretty solid group of forwards going... Scheifele, Matt Duchene, Ryan O'Reilley, Claude Giroux, Wayne Simmons, Sean Couteriere, Nate McKinnon, Jeff Skinner... this team shouldn't have trouble scoring...
-
Random News Items
Is this a serious comment?? I won't deny that he's a brilliant man and great television personality... but the guy is a complete scumbag and deserves any and all negative consequences coming his way... also, nothing "happened to" him.... he is the offender, not the victim... Sorry, the more I read it over, I am pretty sure you're being facetious... but I just wanted to clarify...
-
Space is the Place
How's the screenplay coming along?
-
Orridge to Step Down as Commissioner
hahaha, that's always been one of my favourite riderfan delusions... I have a good friend who is a Riders fan and I remember he used to try and convince me of that... I usually just laughed...
-
2017 NHL Playoffs
BREAKING: Auston Matthews has chicken parm for lunch.... when asked for comment, Matthews replied "it was satisfying"... now over to the panel for a half hour discussion on how this will effect his game going forward...
-
RethinkIng Paul Maurice....
I agree, it's impossible to "predict" what is going to happen and certainly not everyone will continue to progress... and maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I have a lot of confidence in those two, in particular, going forward... I think it's reasonable to expect Shefiele will be a 70-90 point per season player and Laine will be a 30-40 goal per season player for the foreseeable future...
-
2017 NHL Playoffs
Maybe they don't trade Ovechkin... I don't know what to do to fix it... but I do know that if they lose to the Leafs, this group of guys is not the group that's going to win a cup... and serious changes need to be made...
-
RethinkIng Paul Maurice....
Why not? You're assuming Schifele and Laine just had a "flash in the pan" season and they are not likely to trend upwards??
-
2017 NHL Playoffs
I don't think they blow it up... the core of Toews, Kane, Keith and Seabrook are still good enough to win another championship.... they'll probably just make some tweaks... the team I'm more intrigued about is Washington... if they lose the first round (I think they will come back to beat the leafs and this will be moot) then I think we could see a massive blow-up in DC... even as far as trading Ovechkin...
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
If he can do punts and kick-offs, he has a shot at sticking around... would be nice to DI a back-up RB that can handle those duties...
-
Random News Items
That's the one thing that I've been wondering and haven't got an answer for.... I've read articles blaming United and articles blaming Dr Dao, both side of the argument have their merit... but no one has explained why it had to be THIS seat... If he is absolutely refusing to leave why can't they just say "is anyone on the plane willing to give up their seat for the voucher".... I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have found ONE volunteer...