Everything posted by bearpants
-
Around the League - Training Camp Discussion
I agree it would be funny to see some people do a 180 on that... but we all know that was never happening.... Walters and O'Shea have made it clear from day one they are targeting good people that are good football players... I don't think he is deserving of praise for this... but I'm wondering if the board or someone higher up has given him a talking to... time to clean up this PR disaster that has been the last 1.5 years in Riderville...
-
Canadian Politics
I want to support conservatives because I feel like they are our best hope to be socially progressive with conservative fiscal policy... which is exactly the kind of party I would support... but he says he is pro-life and anti-gay marriage... which tells me he is anti-basic human rights... the plus is that he says he doesn't plan on bringing up these issues if in power... I'll have to wait to learn more about this fellow before passing too much judgement...
-
CFL: 60
Knox was highly touted coming into camp last year... possibly the front runner to win the MLB job... but he got hurt and didn't get a chance to win it (insert Cal Murphy quote here)...
-
Ourbombers.com
this post wins the thread! Another coup!!!
-
Around the League - Training Camp Discussion
Does anyone know someone named Lion Woods?... because if so, you should warm him something bad is probably going to happen to him soon...
-
Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28
Another observation from camp yesterday was the noticeable physical presence of Tom Miles... that guy looks like a lumberjack, a la the Montreal/Hamilton receiver whose name is currently slipping mind (the guy Rod Black has a crush on)... he looks bigger (in a good way) and faster than Hurl...
-
Around the League - Training Camp Discussion
Even if all those teams got significantly better... I would still argue just making the playoffs isn't good enough....
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
THB I think it's a decent trade for the Riders.... BIG IF.... if Dyakowski has another good year left in him... they have an abundance of import WRs and are likely to have a cut some anyways... so there's no harm in getting value for one of them....
-
Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28
I was there yesterday from about 10am-11:30... nothing spectacular to note, a few of the other posters have mostly covered it... one newby that stood out to me, mostly cuz of his hard work and enthusiasm was DB # 17 Brian Walker... no idea if he's a real player or not but he certainly seems like a Mike O'Shea type guy... FWIW (not much, in my opinion) this was the "starting" line-up in the first 12-on-12 session... O: Bryant - Bond - Goossen - Chungh - Hardrick (shocking!!) Nichols - Harris (another shocker) Adams - Dressler - Denmark - Sheppard - JFG (might be slightly off of who was where) D: Westerman - Thomas - Nevis - Okp Wild - Hurl - Leggett (hoping Hurl was just there b/c he is the most experienced) Randle - Heath - Loffler - Johnson - Fredrick
-
Ourbombers.com
I don't particularly want to join this argument but I feel like your analogy is inaccurate... more accurately it would be (assuming this was capable of being done all within the night of a social): 75% of the people at the social want Alexander Keith's beer... but this social only has Bud Light and they refuse to buy AK... so a conversation like this goes down: "man this social is OK, but I really would like some AK" "hey, I heard some people are leaving b/c another social has AK and not BL" "cool, where is this social?" "oh it's at ************* and it's for Joe ***** and Lisa ********" Note: we're also in a futuristic society where people's voices can be censored mid-conversation.... I get your point and I would agree if they were actively promoting it and posting ads on the site and such...
- Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
No one is arguing that... if he never shows up here then it is certainly a wasted pick... but you compared this pick to the Mulumba pick... and that's where you're completely wrong...
-
Qadr Spooner
I know seems obvious, but have we actually confirmed his name is pronounced the way it's spelled?... I mean, it could be "rapper" or "ray-PAR"
- Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
I don't know if I can let that one slide...
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
I don't actually care enough about Riderfans right now to go check it out... but I was under the impression that there were at least a few people questioning some of the - shall we say - questionable decisions... unless they have now been banned...
- Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28
-
Around The NHL 2016/2017
I definitely do... just trying to have some friendly conversation!
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
haha, I read your post, and basically said that exact thing in my head (#15... Matt Nichols??)... then I went to the Bombers site to confirm... b/c I like to research stuff before posting to make me seem smarter...
-
2017 NHL Playoffs
Totally agree... but less regular season games, means less money for owners... which means that will never happen!
-
Around The NHL 2016/2017
Can you elaborate on this?... Trouba's dad is trying to launch some kind of app??... Also, why can't Trouba's dad come to Canada? Does he can a conviction or something?...
-
2017 NHL Playoffs
That is exactly the point I was making... I guess, I just stop caring about hockey by time June rolls around... would be nice if the playoffs were earlier in the year...
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
#15... Matt Nichols??
-
WHC 2017
I think every fan would agree... even if Canada won... but it's not like it was a surprise that a shootout was coming...
-
2017 NHL Playoffs
Nashville knocks our Anaheim without their top 2 centres... Pitt on their way there with an AHL defense*.... people will talk about needing depth and coaching etc to win... to me, it says the NHL season is way too damn long... imagine the Stanley Cup finals in April when most teams are relatively healthy... *I may be exaggerating this one a bit...