Everything posted by bearpants
- Goldeyes 2017 postseason
-
Random News Items
I really liked the NDP MLA running in my area... he was young, smart, committed and very personal when I had a chance to meet him... that being said I didn't actually vote (I actually had a busy day and just forgot, haha!) ... but now, I couldn't possibly support this party no matter how much I like the local MLA...
- Goldeyes 2017 postseason
-
Bombers vs Redblacks: Bomber Football Is Back Edition
I don't really care if some fans want to call this an easy win... all I care about is how the team prepares for this game... and everything we've seen from the group the last couple years leads me to believe they will not be complacent against any opponent...
-
CFL No Contact Practices Good Or Bad For League?
to clarify... I think that you contribute here as far more than a just "joker"... but you're also one to provide a humdinger every now and then... which I appreciate...
-
Ridirts @ Tabbies: Cellar Bowl
I watched a lot of the second half of this game... my analysis was basically that the Riders won because the cats did basically everything possible to lose... neither team was good, the cats were much worse...
-
argo/shmoes/lions/stamps
I'm just hoping that week 20 match-up with Calgary means something for both teams... hopefully it'll be a showdown for first... but Calgary is going to need to drop a few and we can only afford to lose 1 more (maybe 2) for that to happen...
-
CFL No Contact Practices Good Or Bad For League?
fair enough... but you have been around long enough to know who the "jokers" are (no offense @mbrg) and who is making a legitimate argument... that was very clearly a joke...
-
What to do about the D?
probably... but I find it hard to believe a gadget or trick play would be scripted... that should only be called in certain circumstances... in the Edm game, it should not have been called... But let's discuss that play more b/c I don't actually think it has ever come up here!
-
Smoke 'n' Winners
Well the joke about Joe Mack was he could only find player that were too good - Matthews, Mulumba, Bilikudi - or players that were not good enough - almost every other player he brought in...
-
Odds and Sods - Banjo Bowl - Saskatchewan Fakes vs Blue Bombers
Awesome video... I loved Heath getting in Carter's face all game, especially when he was "escorting" the pouting baby off the field... clearly Heath won that battle on the field and in his head...
-
Lock of the Week Final Two
OK.... I'm going with Derel Walker
-
Lock of the Week Final Two
hahaha... you'll never guess who I had in mind... back to the drawing board...
-
Montreal Fires Chapdelaine and Thorpe
A Kavis Reed run team with no consequences?... I refuse to believe it!
-
Montreal Fires Chapdelaine and Thorpe
If Nik Lewis writes a book... I'll read it!
-
CFL No Contact Practices Good Or Bad For League?
I think you might be confusing a joke with an argument...
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
Isn't it nice that we're finally on the list of teams that doesn't have QB questions going into the off-season!
- Goldeyes 2017 postseason
-
Goldeyes 2017 postseason
I went to the Goldeyes game Sunday afternoon...it was a fun game... kind of a crazy but thrilling end to the game... I'll describe how it went down in a little more detail for those interested, started at top of nine: Top 9: Goldeyes up 8-6... closing pitcher in the game... comes in a throws 2 heaters across the plate to go ahead 2-0 in the count and things are looking good... then pitch three, crack, gone... 8-7 Goldeyes... a few more hits and an error later and the salts have added 2 more and suddenly the fish are down 9-8 going into the bottom of nine... Bottom 9: First batter singles to get it started... second batter also a single to put runners at 1 and 2... third batter lays a nice bunt down the 3rd base line for the sacrifice to advance the runners to 2 and 3, one out.... next batter is intentionally walked to load the bases with one out... next batter - 4 straight balls... tying run walks across the plate... final batter of the day watches the first pitch, ball... then another... then another... finally the Saltdogs pull their pitcher for a different guy... what a situation to walk into: bottom of the ninth, tie game, bases loaded, one out, and down in the count 3 balls to zero strikes... his first pitch goes right into the dirt and the 3,500 people at Shaw Park go crazy as the Goldeyes win on a the classic walk-off walk... Was a fun game to be at... hoping to catch one of the games in the finals but it will likely have to be game 5 since I'll be out of town this weekend...
-
Lock of the Week Final Two
Just to clarify, I'm at 2 strikes and KBF is at 3? Also we will place all picks in this thread, not a new one each week, right? Just want to make sure I'm clear on the final rules here.
-
Montreal Fires Chapdelaine and Thorpe
can you clarify this comment... you don't think the Bombers should be looking at him or you know/have heard they and other CFL teams are not interested at the moment?...
-
Odds and Sods - Banjo Bowl - Saskatchewan Fakes vs Blue Bombers
Jeff Sessions??
-
Smoke 'n' Mirrors
curious... there were a few posters seemingly trying to set records for posts in a week after the LDC... but are nowhere to be found after the Banjo Bowl... well, I guess this is a mystery that will never be solved... I don't disagree with this point... but I think the reason the call exists is b/c a DB could do it intentionally while passing it off as accidental...
-
Loudest Fans
Normally I wouldn't give two shits about a "loudest fans" contest... but watching the rider fans get all butt-hurt over something so meaningless is really quite entertaining...
-
Blue Bomber Pano shot
it also shows the 50/50 at just over 6,000 when it was well over 100,000 by that point... it's just an image they threw on there (why not just use the real scoreboard?? who knows)