Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Atomic

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by Atomic

  1. Darren Cameron ‏@Darren_Cameron7m #Bombers name Danny McManus Assistant GM, Director of U.S. Scouting, and Ted Goveia, Assistant GM, Director of Player Personnel.
  2. Kirk Penton ‏@PentonKirk1m McManus is assistant GM, director of U.S. scouting. Drew Morris stays on as national scout. No mention of Ken Moll. #Bombers
  3. I imagine that the Cats would go after Drew Willy or another available QB. I definitely can't see LeFevour as a starting QB next year. IMO the Cats are going to be pushing for Zach Collaros as hard or harder than the Bombers, so I hope the Bombers aren't just expecting him to be handed to us on a silver platter.
  4. Rick Ralph ‏@RickRalphTSN 1h Danny McManus is the #Bombers Assistant GM and Director of U.S. Scouting.
  5. Yes, there are only candidates with experience and candidates without experience. Good observation.
  6. I'm not sure I agree with this... over the last 3-4 years we've had our backup NI's playing on offence and defence more than I ever remember any other regime doing. Guys like Swiston, Labbe, Thomas, West, Sherman, Ryan Lucas, and any of our 4 or 5 NI receivers have all seen playing time on offence/defence. Compare that to when we had guys like Daryl Stephenson, Neil McKinlay, Shawn Mayne... now those are guys who never saw the field outside of special teams. What I do agree with though, is that the problem is that none of these guys ever really successfully climbed the depth chart, even though they've had the opportunity.
  7. Ok now that's just absurd. There's no way they would take the stadium with them if they relocated to the moon.
  8. Turnbull is 32... Dusty old bones.
  9. The problem with Wiecek is that he doesn't really give a **** about the CFL. He'd rather be doing his horse racing or curling than covering the Bombers and because of that despite being a pretty good writer his pieces on the Bombers are very lacking in substance. I think that was true at one point, but not necessarily anymore. I thought he improved a great deal in that regard over the last year or so.
  10. Weston Dressler is a free agent and he certainly is an impact player. Bombers should throw the bank at him. $200,000 + easy. We would have our number one receiver. I'd rather not break the bank on an american receiver truthfully. Think there's better places that kind of spending could help more. I guess that really depends on who hits free agency.
  11. How about Chamblin? He was a DC... I suppose he wasn't really an "ace" DC, per se... Benevides also seems to be working out somewhat well.
  12. Official! Edmonton Eskimos ‏@cfl_esks11m BREAKING NEWS: Chris Jones named #Esks head coach. Full details here: http://bit.ly/1hiiplH #CFL
  13. I'm a big fan of Paul Wiecek to be honest. Seems like he'd be a great guy to party with.
  14. Dressler is a top 5 receiver in this league and has been for awhile. If we could get him here that would be great. I don't know how much it would cost, I don't really like to speculate on CFL salaries because none of us really know what anyone makes other than a rough idea for handful of players... but I'd be willing to make him one of the highest paid receivers in he league, for sure. Sometimes when you're desperate for some star power, you have to overpay a little bit.
  15. I like that Khari Jones has worked with a lot of strong offensive CFL minds. As a coach, he has been on the same staff as Mike Gibson, Marcel Bellefeuille, Steve Burratto, Bob Dyce, and George Cortez, to name a few. That's a pretty solid base of knowledge for a young guy to be able to draw from.
  16. And that being said, anyone who has real sources should realize that even their sources have biases and may twist what they hear to suit their own viewpoint or agenda. Like a company insider who complains about how horribly the company is run, when in reality the company runs fine and the insider is actually just a terrible employee.
  17. I just hope no one decides that Pat DelMonaco needs to remain as the OL coach.
  18. At least Walters is "all-in" on the team, given that he lives here and this is really going to be make-or-break for him... if he fails here I doubt he gets another GM shot elsewhere... at least not for a long time. Obviously hoping this works out but I still have my doubts...
  19. I hope Rogers turns around and invests some money into producing a quality NHL broadcast rather than the mickey mouse bullshit they've been putting out for the last ten years. Are Nick Kypreos and Doug McLean still their analysts? God help us all. At least we get to keep TSN Jets.
  20. I'd rather have some Swish cheese - it sounds delectable! But would it go with an offense that is not so sticky?
  21. I still have Burris as the second name on my QB wishlist
  22. Leave it to Burris and the Ticats to make the big game and then totally **** their pants. Thanks a lot!!
  23. This is shaping up pretty much as expected so far
  24. George Cortez is a hell of a good OC

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.