Bombers acquire Mark Parenteau

Hate this trade.  Parenteau is brutal.

Honestly, Parenteau used to be terrible and I was quite against bringing him in when he was a FA last time, but he really stepped up his game in TO. Immediate improvement at RG for us.

He did?  So how come he lost his job and hasn't started a game this year?

Hate this trade.  Parenteau is brutal.

Honestly, Parenteau used to be terrible and I was quite against bringing him in when he was a FA last time, but he really stepped up his game in TO. Immediate improvement at RG for us.

He did?  So how come he lost his job and hasn't started a game this year?

Because Toronto shuffled their ratio and no longer needed to start 4 NI OL plus they moved Van Zeyl inside and he's been a beast there.

Well either way, at least we did something to try and fix the OL.  I don't think it will end up panning out as a real improvement, but at least it's a try.

Also could mean Swiston's injury is long term.

If nothing else, I look at it this way

I would've given a 5th rounder+Woodson for a 3rd rounder.

Parenteau coming along with the pick is a bonus with potential to make it a real win for us.

The only reason my initial reaction is negative is because I think Woodson has potential to be a really good Canadian RB, maybe not a full time starter but certainly as a part time guy.  Maybe even a Andre Durie type RB-turned-SB.  I hate that we never gave him a chance to show what he can do on offence.  He comes with big injury concerns which is obviously something this team has seen enough of lately.  But we gave up a high-ceiling young Canadian for a veteran ham-and-egger and those are the deals that can come back and bite you if the young guy ends up becoming a big contributor.