Bombers add RB Shawnbrey McNeal to PR

Mike

This guy return kicks at all? Could they be looking for a woods replacement?

I hope they are looking for a Woods replacement....at least until Woods comes back.  I know Will Ford brought that kick back for a TD...but he's no Aaron Woods.

ford doesn't even do punt returns if I'm not mistaken. That's all on Johnson and sometimes Washington. 

I hope they are looking for a Woods replacement....at least until Woods comes back.  I know Will Ford brought that kick back for a TD...but he's no Aaron Woods.

ford doesn't even do punt returns if I'm not mistaken. That's all on Johnson and sometimes Washington. 

Yeah, could someone explain that one to me please?  Is it just too much work for him?

Yeah, could someone explain that one to me please?  Is it just too much work for him?

Remember the amount of trouble Ford had fielding the kickoff that he eventually ran back. Having that back there on punts would terrify me.

Again, people need to understand that returning kickoffs and returning punts are two very different things...very different skill sets.

One that JJ sucks at doing yet still does.

I think JJ fields punts just fine.  If you look back at his work from previous years, he's come up with big kick returns when the team needs it.  He's smart, catches the ball in the air, and doesn't put himself in a position of taking a huge hit/getting injured.

Blows my mind that they won't let Washington return punts, especially when Jovon doesn't exactly scream ball security either.

Yes exactly my point.  JJ drops that ball way too often and barely gets any yardage.  I'm thinking he's waiting for that NFL fair catch rule to come into existence in the CFL or something so he can use that instead of running.

No love for Jovon on punt returns it seems.

Jovon currently sits smack dab in the middle of the pack in punt returns in the league.

An 8.4 avg.

Over a full yard less than Aaron Woods @ 9.5

Over a full yard more than Chad Owens @ 7.1

I don't agree he has ball security issues as he has demonstrated year after year of having capable hands.

For my eyes, Jovon picks his spots, if it's open he'll go, if not he does go down. 

Last game when he struggled to get extra yards, the ball was stripped....not a good thing, but really, that is rare.

I too, would like to see Washington back there accepting punts, but don't forget, last year, it was Washington who had trouble fielding punts and was removed from that duty.

He seems fine on kickoff returns, however.

Woods was going to be the guy, but he can't do much when he's injured. :unsure: