Everything posted by Blue_Dragoon
-
Bombers sign Geoff Gray to a 3 year deal
Very possible. Picking up SJ Green's 210k contract (for example) may have made this signing impossible. Get Bighill signed long term next Walters! It's really nice to have a competitive team that isn't being built at the complete expense of the future (Taman's model). We are competing now and still positioning ourselves well for the future (glad we didn't give up any of our picks frivolously at the trade deadline).
-
BOMBERS -Playoffs - ESKIMOS Out
Geez, BC just does not want to go away. If the Bombers somehow miss the playoffs at this point I would lose my mind. Until the Bombers officially clinch a spot I am going to be a very nervous fan, regardless of us being in the driver's seat right now.
-
Rate Ritchie Hall's Defense
This is definitely the first time I have had any confidence in our defense under this administration. I hate to admit it because I love the guy but Leggett was never the same this year after his major injury last year and I think we have been playing much better without him. Even with that said, was I the only one worried we would come out after half time playing prevent defense the whole second half? I still have nightmares of BC throwing wide open 15 yard completions to the sideline repeatedly in the playoffs a couple of years ago.
- In Case You Missed It.....Parts 1 & 2
-
Edmonton Eski-dolts @ Regina Ridirts: Who Do We Want?
If the weather is bad we definitely want Saskatchewan. I've seen enough Kevin Glenn playing here in November to know that he is terrible in cold weather. Add in that Saskatchewan doesn't really commit to the run and I think a nice cold game against the Riders would be the easiest path into Calgary.
-
Should this regime be on the hot seat?
As bad as the team looked yesterday (awful), and really for the last few weeks, I hadn't even remotely considered the prospect. I think this regime has done a fine job actually. By and large, this season has been easily the most fun and entertaining one we have had since we moved into IGF in my opinion. Not only that, until our slew of injuries, I was very much convinced that we had a legitimate shot at making a run for the Cup. The fact that this even entered my mind is a testament to how far along this team has come from when O’ Shea took over a few years back. It certainly felt good to watch the Bombers be consistently competitive this year. Yes, I agree the depth has obviously been exposed as a weakness, but to even be able to assemble a team of starters that were able to lead us to being easily the number 2 team in the league (pre-injuries) puts this administration leaps and bounds ahead of those of the last several administrations prior. With a good starting line up secured I have no doubt more depth will follow next season via the draft and free agency. Unfortunately, I also believe we will be one and done in the playoffs at this point, but I chalk that up to terrible luck and bad timing. I don’t think we can fire our front office wholesale even if a one and done scenario does happen. Richie Hall can go though. You’ll find no argument from me there.
-
Pyrrhic victory?
My god... I am thrilled with the win, but almost think I would be happier with a loss where nobody got injured. If some of these were as serious as they looked I think they could seriously jeopardize our playoff chances. On offense, our already devastated receiving corp lost its best player in Adams and it looks like it could be a bad one. This on the heels of a knicked up Dressler and Flanders. Nichols also got up wincing after a hit and looked sore all game, although he did finish. Then on defense we lose Walker (did he ever come back in?) and the core of our defense (IMO) Mo Leggett. Leggett's at least certainly looks serious and potentially season ending. Edmonton still statistically has a shot at taking second so we can't just rest the starters yet. At the very least though I hope we let our borderline players rest against TO rather than risk further injuries. As long as we win at least one more game we are secure in second and even if we don't Edmonton has to win out, which I think is unlikely. Still, what a devastating win today. I hope I am just being overly pessimistic in this case.
-
Leggett?
Any update on his injury? I don't see anybody talking about it anywhere.
-
Referees
I completely agree. Almost all of these calls felt to me like ones you could make on any and every passing play if you wanted to.
-
First post 'expectations in '17'
Polo Park. I would still be a season ticket holder if the stadium was there instead of its current awful location.
-
Around The League Regular Season Discussion
Smith
-
Qb pressures
I think having Willy as starting pivot was an o-line killer. Sure we traded out Neufeld for Bond on the line, and boy what a difference that has made, but I think a lot of the sudden statistical improvement is on Nichols not feeling "pressure" just from seeing a blitz coming as well as being able to throw a ball knowing he is going to get hit rather than turtle which has brought down the sack totals. He is also more mobile and has a quicker release (although I don't think there is another QB in the league that could not claim the same) and just seems to have better field vision in general.
-
OK, it IS Willy ...
Nichols' results only began to diminish after he lost nearly all of his starting receiving corps. Hard to hold that against him. Bond was a breath of fresh air. I'll be really annoyed if they don't stay with this version of the o-line.
-
LaPolice new Bombers OC
I hope he has evolved from the "check down" offense he was running the last time he was here.
-
No End Call - CFL confirms it was an incorrect call
Just watched the TSN footage again. You can clearly see Adams point at the ref as he is walking down the line of scrimmage towards the sideline. The ref pointed back confirming he was on the line. After this though Adams did appear to change his lead foot and in doing so did end up taking a half step back from the line. As soon as the QB sneak was whistled dead the sideline ref ran right to the pile where he was called over by the head referee. After a brief conversation the sideline ref begins to throw his flag just as the TSN camera angle changes. So it was indeed the sideline ref on Adams' side that threw the flag but it seems like it was the head ref that told him to do it and that was why it was so late.