Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blue_Dragoon

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Blue_Dragoon

  1. The Lions and Riders are still better than the Eastern teams not named Toronto IMO.
  2. Did CD really say this? Who goes into games with the mentality that it is okay, and totally expected, to lose games? Play to win them all or get out.
  3. That’s what gets me. Because we had the cable cam at our game you had an overhead view showing exactly where McGuire was and they still left that play as it was called. That was a head scratcher.
  4. Should be Maier time after Bo’s ***** move last series.
  5. Fun game. Saskatchewan offence has looked putrid while Calgary’s is moving the ball, but special teams and defence have kept the Riders right there. Come on Calgary! Shut those Rider fans up.
  6. Always cheer against the Riders.
  7. For the first time in a long while I feel like crappy weather games may actually disproportionately disadvantage us. Our offence has really shifted from the old Lapo run first/dink and dunk style into more of an explosive big play offence that runs less and passes more. It has been coming along great but rainy weather may bog us down a bit. Hopefully Harris and the hogs can reignite the 2019 formula if/when it is needed.
  8. No joke, among all of our defensive stars (Bighill, Jeffcoat, Jefferson, etc.) Brandon Alexander might be the player I would least like to lose to injury. He is that impactful.
  9. The art/science of kicking (particularly punting) and kick coverage feel like they are leaps and bounds above the days when I first started watching the league. It used to feel like any kick could result in a return TD but these days, even on missed field goals, cover teams seem to have the coverage and lane control down to a T. This makes me think it is more than just positional punting, though that obviously plays a huge part. I feel like the guys covering kicks and specializing in special teams are just heads and shoulders better than the scrubs who used to do these jobs. Being a career special teamer has become a skilled position in and of itself.
  10. Yeah. I was a bit worried with the prospect of going with relative unknowns on the one side after we lost both Sayles and Rose but the whole unit has been terrific. I don't want to see Josh Miller anywhere near the field again so I hope this group can stay healthy.
  11. This must be the healthiest we've been all season. Other than Maston at SAM wasn't this pretty much our entire projected starting roster going into training camp?
  12. I don’t know about that. I feel like the east briefly looked decent for just a few year stretch and is now back to business as usual (looking like crap). I feel like through most of this millennium it has been this way.
  13. Not that my attitude matters (I too believe the coaches will keep the boys prepared) but I’m not sleeping on any team come playoff time. I’ll never forget the disappointment of the 2001 Grey Cup.
  14. What a barn burner of a game tonight. 🙄 The CFL should consider itself lucky that it fell on a Wednesday when (hopefully) a lot of people may not even realize that there is a game being played.
  15. Offence would look much, much better if field goals were being made by our kickers at a reasonable rate. So many drives that should end in points are not and that makes our offence look much worse than they should.
  16. I’m amazed our kicking hasn’t cost us a game yet. That’s a credit to how well the rest of the team is doing but I’m not sure it can last.
  17. Damn my phone, lol.
  18. Darwin Adams for kicker!
  19. The start of this game is showing that it could actually be worse than Nelson in the return game.
  20. I've seen stupid fans on every forum (including this one) who make their fan base look collectively stupider, but why does only the Rider media seem to hire those same idiots to be their professional analysts? It honestly boggles my mind.
  21. I stayed for the end of that one. That may be the loudest I've heard the old barn and the stadium was mostly empty.
  22. Wilder worries me. He seems to be back to his rookie form and our run D has been our one weakness on defence.
  23. Agree. Might as well play flag football if that’s a penalty.
  24. He made his 30-something yard kick easily. It was the long kicks (one from 56) that he missed. I'm still willing to give him the opportunity to earn my confidence.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.