Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blue_Dragoon

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Blue_Dragoon

  1. I was commenting on just that during the game to my friend. He seems to have a nose for the ball and often seems to break downhill quickly to make some punishing hits just as the ball is arriving.
  2. Geez. With a better kicker I think BC actually wins this. What a strange game.
  3. Stupid question but what is the protocol for wearing masks in your seats? This seems like it would qualify as an indoor common area so does this mean no eating or drinking will be allowed even in your seat?
  4. I seem to remember Grant having a few fumbles last year but somehow we were always lucky enough to get ball back. Just in the playoff run alone I recall him having a fumble after a big return that happened on a play that also had no yards against our opponents and holding against us, which negated the stat. I think that may have been in the Grey Cup game. I also recall him taking our first offensive play against Hamilton in that game and having a great 10 yard run which ended with him coughing up the ball on first contact. Luckily he was right against the sideline and the ball went straight out of bounds. In any case, he was the most explosive threat we've had on kick returns in a while so I definitely give him the edge over oft injured Nelson.
  5. I'm hoping for the best but bracing for the worst. I am so unbelievably grateful that the Bombers won the big one last season. I shudder to imagine that it was almost possible that I never got to see them win a Grey Cup. I've been a fan since I was eight years old but in 1990 I was only 5 and didn't know or care about pro sports. Thank God we won in 2019! I hope my feelings of dread turn out to be unfounded but right now I am terrified that I am going to lose the hobby that is nearest and dearest to me (CFL and in particular Blue Bomber football).
  6. I'm really missing football. The lack of it is legitimately making my summer feel empty and just "blah".
  7. That is definitely the same type of take we've been hearing from the inbreds one province West for years and years.
  8. I agree with you Mark, but with some of our big losses to the NFL on the defensive side I'm not sure we can do anything to avoid there being some kind of drop off on that side of the ball. The good news is that there is LOTS of room for improvement on the offensive side and I think having Collaros as our #1 is a great start.
  9. One thing we don't need is a tall, veteran receiver on the wrong side of 30. Bowman, Matthews and Arcenaux have all proven that this is usually a bad idea in recent years.
  10. Thank you for being instrumental in leading this team out of a dark place and playing a huge role in leading this team back to glory. I'm completely convinced we would not have developed the culture of success to be a perennial playoff team and winners of the Grey Cup this season without you. Wherever you go from here I will always be a fan of yours and wish you nothing but success (except against the Bombers). Signed, A lifelong Winnipeg Blue Bomber fan
  11. For everyone complaining about Collaros' contract, you need to realize that this is the price of a starting QB in the CFL these days. If we pursued Nichols or Arbuckle instead, we would be still be paying about the same amount. That is, unless we wanted to go into the season with a total unknown like McGuire or a raw rookie.
  12. My biggest recollection of Lapolice's time as HC here was the total lack of discipline the team had. As I recall it we were the most penalized team in the league and it wasn't even close. I wish him well in Ottawa (except when they are playing us) and I hope he has learned from his time with O' Shea. That was my first sign that O' Shea was going to be a good coach. The team immediately displayed exemplary discipline under O' Shea and I believe has been one of the least penalized teams in the league his entire tenure here.
  13. Harris has never struck me as a likeable guy either though. I'm not sure he is the best character reference. Something about him just seems slimy.
  14. I don't know. Nothing classier for our downtown dwellers than beer in a plastic 2L bottle.
  15. Well, they were downtown. Usually the best you'll find near Portage and Main is Stone Cold.
  16. I saw this flight listed this morning on the Winnipeg Airport site but it seems to have vanished from their incoming flights. Anyone know what gives?
  17. Thanks JCon! If anyone can confirm the airline/flight number that would be awesome.
  18. When are they scheduled to land? I want to be there.
  19. Best day of my life! The world could end tomorrow and I would be satisfied! Go Blue!!!
  20. With Harris back I can see Streveler having a good shot at hitting 300. Between Harris' blocking, pass catching and the attention he draws to the LOS, everything should open up that much more for Streveler. I'm also expecting Harris to go over 150 yards from scrimmage today too.
  21. I honestly like going with Bailey over Whitehead and Peterman over Demski. I'm not sure they are better players, but Demski and Whitehead seem to both give LaPolice incentive to run "gadget" plays instead of running a good offense.
  22. Yeah, somehow I have far more vitriol towards the Riders this year than any other in recent memory. I'm going into this game angry and spiteful instead of my usual cheerful (but still spiteful) attitude.
  23. Both the Jefferson hit and the Edwards hit seemed fine by my metrics. I recognize that I'm a bit of a dinosaur in this regard though and I've generally disliked all the new player safety rules, even though I recognize the need for them.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.