Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blue_Dragoon

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Blue_Dragoon

  1. Especially when we had an illegal hands to the face penalty called against us not long before that. It's unfortunate that it always feels that a team has to be three or four plays better than the opposing team to counteract the routine blown calls by the refs. Duke Williams "catch" in the West Final is a perfect example of that. Thankfully, the Bombers were always that much better. That's why we can post wanna-b-fanboy's image here instead of a comparable imagine showing up on another team's forum.
  2. We do have a huge to do list still but we're off to great start!
  3. I don't like Trevor Harris. Never have. That said I would take him over a completely unproven commodity. Hopefully we can get a deal done with Collaros and not even have to consider it.
  4. It's great to finally see us signing back some of the cornerstones that lead us to two straight Grey Cups. One thing I was trying to do was find a consolidated list of who we have signed for next season's camp that would update as new signings came in. I'm obviously following our new signings as they happen but I'm not 100% sure on which players have contracts that didn't expire for 2022. I had read that we had just one of these on offence (Demski) but I'm not sure about defence. Since I couldn't find one I thought I would do a very simplistic version right here that we could potentially update as players get signed. Something like this: Blue Bombers under contract for 2022 camp/season: Offence: QB - RB - REC - Demski*, Blake Jackson O-Line - Hardrick FB/TE - Defence: D-Line - Thomas*, Jefferson, Jeffcoat LB - DB/S - Special Teams Kicker - Punter - Other - * Denotes non-import This is probably not a complete list and I was hoping people could fill in the blanks on who I am missing. Either that or post a link to somewhere that has the info already. Thanks!
  5. That looks like it was Jeffcoat who steamrolled Banks on that play.
  6. Why they don't have to explain their calls after the game is beyond me. No accountability to the fan base. Really they should be explaining these things in game, in real time, but that is definitely hoping for too much.
  7. I forgot about him. You're right, I now remember being shocked at the time that the Bombers landed a big name FA. It was such a rare happening back then. Stanley Bryant was also a surprise. That did seem to be the start of our slow but steady shift towards becoming a respectable franchise again.
  8. Today's result of barely squeaking through despite a lot of mistakes was probably the best result for us. If we had any chance of going in overconfident that should be gone now. I'm glad the Ticats are the team we get to meet for the Cup. This match up is intriguing in so many ways.
  9. They won't. He's in the perfect place for him. He's playing for a coach who admits he can't control his players and a fan base who revels in having douchebags represent them.
  10. Oh I definitely agree. I just feel our advantage would be even greater with good weather. Again, I agree. I do fear that the mistakes the Riders are hoping for are more likely to occur under poor conditions.
  11. Bad weather is definitely the Riders best hope. The one positive is that it does also mitigate the one advantage they have on us, kicking. I have no faith in our kickers but at least their kicking game should diminished enough that they'll lose much of their advantage here.
  12. Good thing the Argonauts are apparently exempt from following league rules.
  13. I've been convinced from almost the moment it happened that Harris' injury was actually a season ender and that O' Shea and the team have just been really quiet about it. I keep hoping that I'm wrong though.
  14. I couldn't believe the Stamps weren't lining up for a QB sneak on 2nd and 1 during the first overtime. If the Riders play like this next week it will be over before half time.
  15. After last night's games it looks like Kenny Lawler, with just 27 yards needed today, could be the league's only 1000 yard receiver in this shortened season. Nobody playing for any of the other teams today is even close. What a season for #89!
  16. Shaq Cooper by himself made it an awful night on special teams. Plus we missed a convert and had a punt go through the end zone when we were looking for a pin. I wouldn't have called it a great special teams night.
  17. If he has to go then what a season to do it! I'm sure he's had a lot of fun calling this year's version of the Blue Bombers . I hope we can win the Cup for him to put a bow on this year for him (and all other Bomber fans).
  18. Jumping in, I have lived in Winnipeg all my life and always thought it was a great place to have roots compared to other place in Canada and around the world that I have been fortunate to visit. That opinion has soured in the last 5-10 years though as we have undergone a population explosion, much to the detriment of what made this city great. Everywhere you look there are condos and new subdivisions being developed at an extraordinary rate and despite all of this new housing real estate costs are still going through the roof. While this has happened public infrastructure has barely improved to accommodate this massive influx of people (we have been one of the fastest growing cities in Canada). Maybe because of this the mindset here has been noticeably shifting to a fast paced, rush everywhere attitude, similar to what I've seen in Toronto in past visits. People here have also become markedly less friendly. At this point I can't wait to retire and move somewhere else. Somewhere with the amenities of a small city or town but away from this rat race. Too bad that won't be anytime soon.
  19. Mosca's swing with the cane was too violent and close to the mark to be a staged fight. It was so close that it knocked the glasses right off of Kapp's nose.
  20. I can't believe I'm saying this but I think I would prefer they just left Rose ready to back up anyone in the secondary who gets hurt and otherwise leave the current roster alone. We've given up what, three passing touchdowns all year? At least one of those was to Josh Miller who looked out of his depth to say the least. As great as I know Rose is I can't help but ask: why change anything if it is working so well?
  21. Maston also, though that was in camp. He was still pencilled in as a started I believe. Edit: And Darvin Adams
  22. Neufeld is having trouble in pass protection.
  23. Special teams is actually a positive for once so far (other than an awful punt).
  24. We also had Josh Miller getting burned and missing tackles left and right in our one loss against the Argos. Basically every bounce went Toronto's way and we still likely would have won if a few iffy calls didn't go against us.
  25. I agree. He’s looked as good as anyone this year. Sean Whyte can rot in Edmonton for the comments he made about us in the past. The stink there suits him well.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.