Eric from Bomber Buzz analyzed every single play of the Calgary game

Mike

10 minutes ago, Tehedra said:

That is really cool; my question is where does he get the footage to analyze the plays?  Is there a way to get an aerial view or something after the game to be able to see the games play out?

He recorded everything on his iPhone.

;)

FYI, that play by play is insane.

Yeah its fantastic; I still don't know enough about play calling ect but I love reading these types of play by play articles because it helps me learn what to watch for when I'm watching the game

The only thing that would make this play by play better; was if the names of the players were in Blue for Blue Bombers and Red for Calgary players.  Since sometimes I get confused as whom he is talking about lol

Edited by Tehedra

Interesting to see how Dickenson gradually out-maneuvers Richie Hall...

Also didn't even notice that Brendan Morgan was getting reps at FS

Probably should switch Wild back to MLB and Bass back to WIL - neither seem comfortable.

Pretty clear that Osh burnt this team accidentally with the fake and the non-timeout

Shayon Green not going to last...  could see our entire secondary getting overhauled too

Feel a bit better - there are shades of the Drew Willy we are hoping for...  will find out tomorrow, if he is getting confidence back

3 minutes ago, Tehedra said:

My understanding is in the 2nd half he had already lost his time out because of the challenge that failed when he challenged after the fake punt

They still had one left but it was their last one for the game... I can see their reasoning to save it for later but at the same time, the bombers O needed a morale boost.  Its on both Willy and OShea...

So after reading this two things I got out of the play by play; obviously with his own internal biases but it looks as though OL communication skills need to widely improve.  Sounds as though when they do make the correct read or call and communicate to each other well that they have the skills to make the blocks or hold their men but the issue sounds like they just don't know who is blocking whom and what the call really is.  That to me is definitely a coaching issue; I hope Eric does this again next game so we can see if there is improvement.

Next thing that jumps out at me is Ian Wild loves the one armed tackles; he missed or failed on several tackles because he was trying to one arm tackle the player instead of properly wrapping up and hitting the tackle the way he should.  If he can improve on his tackling ability it could help us fix up our play.

Obviously other players made mistakes but those two things largely jumped out at me.  One other thing is that Willy needs to do more progressions through his reads; as well as not stare down his read as to give the opponent an easy time of determine where the ball is going.

5 hours ago, Floyd said:

They still had one left but it was their last one for the game... I can see their reasoning to save it for later but at the same time, the bombers O needed a morale boost.  Its on both Willy and OShea...

Willy has a speaker in his helmet, Buck could have warned him to hurry the play but obviously that should be unnecessary.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

4 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Willy has a speaker in his helmet, Buck could have warned him but to hurry the play but obviously that should be unnecessary.

The speakers shut off when there are 10 seconds on the play clock. That's not much time for doing anything other than sending a play in.