Around The NHL 2016/2017

5 minutes ago, iHeart said:

wait if we trade with dallas we get to pick third in the draft?

Stars have 3rd over all, yes.  This has come up before because there has been speculation Stars would trade their pick.  Im not sure if it really suits the Jets to trade a player like Myers for 3rd over-all to snag a player that won't help you for a couple of years.  But it would get them out of expansion draft trouble.  I don't know what Dallas looks like on that front.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Stars have 3rd over all, yes.  This has come up before because there has been speculation Stars would trade their pick.  Im not sure if it really suits the Jets to trade a player like Myers for 3rd over-all to snag a player that won't help you for a couple of years.  But it would get them out of expansion draft trouble.  I don't know what Dallas looks like on that front.

That player is quite possibly Nolan Patrick. 

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Completely unconfirmed social media rumour: Stars and jets talking. Stars 3rd overall for Myers + Jets 13th. 

Id imagine plus Petan also or similar prospect. If its myers and 13 for 3... With the 3rd overall pick the Winnipeg Jets Select.... 

According to multiple sources, the Coyotes majority owner, Andrew Barroway has bought out minority owner Anthony Leblanc and his Ice Arizona group.

Its funny when you think back to Anthony Leblanc and all his proclamations about buying the Coyotes when he never had the juice to do it and had to immediately sell off a majority to Barroway.  Now Leblanc is out.

On 6/9/2017 at 7:31 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Perreault was consistent for last 20 games of season.

Back to Atlanta! But yeah where would they go? Seattle seems close on getting a team but its probably Arizona.

Example of how to build sporting facilities with small concourses and little to no parking.

Until they pay for at least half of it?

Coincidentally or not, 20 games that didn't matter either.

I like Matty P - - but I think he gets a ton of love vs. what he actually provides.

We're fawning over a guy who avgs 46 pts per 82, has never scored 20 and played 70 games in a year once.   Our 6th most important FW, at best. 

On 6/13/2017 at 11:05 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

According to multiple sources, the Coyotes majority owner, Andrew Barroway has bought out minority owner Anthony Leblanc and his Ice Arizona group.

Its funny when you think back to Anthony Leblanc and all his proclamations about buying the Coyotes when he never had the juice to do it and had to immediately sell off a majority to Barroway.  Now Leblanc is out.

And the owner carousel keeps going round and round for a team that hasn't made a dime since moving to Arizona.

On 6/13/2017 at 11:05 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

here we go again

22 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Worst franchise ever.

Worst place possible to put a team. Vegas could be similar but perhaps the tourism industry helps them a wee bit more. Las Vegas is a small town. We will see there. 

Should have moved Arizona to Vegas and given Quebec an expansion team. Seattle is still there as is apparently somewhere on the east coast... As crazy as it sounds i believe its Virginia somewhere and apparently that town gets very high ratings for NHL games on TV. It might even be Virginia Beach. They want to build an arena and have the NHL there but didnt wanna pay expansion fees. 

But yeah... worst franchise ever x 10000000

Edited by Goalie

28 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Worst place possible to put a team. Vegas could be similar but perhaps the tourism industry helps them a wee bit more. Las Vegas is a small town. We will see there. 

Should have moved Arizona to Vegas and given Quebec an expansion team. Seattle is still there as is apparently somewhere on the east coast... As crazy as it sounds i believe its Virginia somewhere and apparently that town gets very high ratings for NHL games on TV. It might even be Virginia Beach. They want to build an arena and have the NHL there but didnt wanna pay expansion fees. 

But yeah... worst franchise ever x 10000000

Vegas is a small town? What?

Never mind all the tourists that they have, concentrated is relatively small space near the arena, the Vegas Metropolitan area is close to 2 Million.  

somehow I feel that Vegas will probably do so bad they'll make Winnipeg look good, even if the Jets don't sweep them, which I am predicting will happen, if not that then two out of three ain't bad, unless Winnipeg has a great season, then they'll make whoever is in last place next season look good, unless the GK's are in last place.

and here are some important dates