Final Cuts

Jpan85

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

the site currently has him listed as just a punter. I imagine they are going to keep him for insurance / punting till some one gets desperate to pay for him.

Cant wait to see how the depth chart shapes up. 

Montreal cutting boyd. Im surprised with his talent and resume he is just gone. with how fast we got rid of him i wonder if he has a bad attitude. 

The little I saw of Boyd in the Argo game yesterday he looked like hot garbage.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Surprised they kept Kris Adams and Jace Davis. Neither did anything in the 2 games.

Also surprised that we don't have any import RB's on the main roster, just Flanders on the PR, which means we can't use him during the game.

Slightly surprised that Green won the DE spot.

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

First pro snaps, what do you expect?

pretty much. Not to mention his first play time in the cfl also. usually a guy like that is groomed a year before you expect much. Which leads me to believe he might be problematic. 

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Surprised they kept Kris Adams and Jace Davis. Neither did anything in the 2 games.

Also surprised that we don't have any import RB's on the main roster, just Flanders on the PR, which means we can't use him during the game.

Yeah if harris goes down at all we are up creek with out a paddle. 

Just now, TBURGESS said:

I agree, I think it's a mistake not to have Flanders on the roster as he outperformed all other backs on the ground in both pre-season games and that includes Harris.  They gave the backup job to Lochard without a single carry in either pre-season game, meanwhile Flanders will sit on the PR until Harris is injured or he rots. 

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I agree, I think it's a mistake not to have Flanders on the roster as he outperformed all other backs on the ground in both pre-season games and that includes Harris.  They gave the backup job to Lochard without a single carry in either pre-season game, meanwhile Flanders will sit on the PR until Harris is injured or he rots. 

Flanders played garbage minutes though and got a lot more carries then harris. Harris looked better against better competition with less touches.

Idk why we didnt have lochard carrying at all. Wonder if any of our WRs could back up rb. Maybe mcduffie...

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Flanders played garbage minutes though and got a lot more carries then harris. Harris looked better against better competition with less touches.

Idk why we didnt have lochard carrying at all. Wonder if any of our WRs could back up rb. Maybe mcduffie...

Wasn't Lochard injured during preseason?

15 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Castillo is fine but I remember LH being our kicker of the future too...

Seem to have kept imports at the expense of Cdns...

So what exactly would you have done?  Keep a kicker that wasn't very good for the sake of his passport?  LH wasn't able to perform.  We ended up getting one of the best kickers ever to replace him.  Too bad he's US born but it is what it is.  At the same time we're hanging onto a kid that shows some promise.  Nice to have him as a backup, or more likely, trade bait.