Patrik Laine

Ducky

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

I don't care in Laine is a first class jerk, draft him. Kid seems like a generational talent.

I don't think he is a first class jerk, truth be told.  But I we will see what big NHL money does to him.  And yeah, he's going to be a good one.  I am so happy we ended up at #2 as we get the best player in the draft now, without being forced to take the second best just because of hype.  Laine is just a better fit I think.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

15 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I can't wait for the chants when Toronto comes to town: "Laine is better"  "Laine is better"

It's just shows how we got the best pick number this year. Toronto is in a position to second guess themselves, we are not. Unless of course, Chevy goes off course and picks the next Alexandre Daigle.

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

It's just shows how we got the best pick number this year. Toronto is in a position to second guess themselves, we are not. Unless of course, Chevy goes off course and picks the next Alexandre Daigle.

not sure how you could go wrong with any of the top 5 this year.  Matthews, Laine, Puljujarvi, Tkachuk, PLD.  Pretty strong draft year.

Selanne, one of the most popular athletes to ever play in Winnipeg, believes the fit there will be good for Laine.

“I think Winnipeg is the best landing place for him,” Selanne said. “They have a great history with Finnish players and a great appreciation for Finnish players, the fans. I’m so happy I started there, and I can only highly recommend it. It looks like he’s going there and he’s going to enjoy because of the passion people in Winnipeg have for hockey.”