Patrik Laine

Ducky

Sorry but Friedman is just click baiting people. Not a chance the Jets add 22 to Trouba... Cam Fowler is being shopped and the ducks want 8th overall from Buffalo or 9th overall from Montreal, those are the 2 rumored destinations. 

Not a chance that Jets trade Trouba plus 22 for 4... If they did, they would be stupid. Trouba has more value than that... LOL at the thought that the Jets would be adding.

If you are trading Trouba, which i don't think they will do, It's for a LHD.. not another forward. 

Chevy has already gone on record saying they are open to moving 22, they are looking for a top 9 forward and LHD...

Trading for pick 4 is seriously stupid unless then the plan is to trade pick 4 away...

Don't need both Laine or Puljujarvi and  Tkachuk. Agreed with Mike here big time. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

really.  Which sources.

A guy on the radio who said he is cousin of the flordia panthers new scout richard pollack.... but... yeah, i'll believe it when i see it. Other GM's can't get a peep out of chevy but some guys cousin can? LOL 

My feeling is, if the Jets take JP then I will have confidence in the Jets' evaluation of both and be happy.  But if the Jets take Laine and JP ends up the better player, I wont be angry.  if the Jets take JP and Laine ends up the better player, that would bug me.  (Saw that explanation on twitter and it summed up my feelings).

Winnipeg never does anything "sexy" and maybe Laine is the sexy pick.  I want sexy.  Hope it's Laine.  But whatever.

I also agree that its highly unlikely the Jets management and scouts have let it slip to people what the pick is.  I guess you never know. But it would be unlikely.  More likely someone gave an opinion and it gets hyped up.  Just like Bob Mack's opinion and speculation gets repeated as fact.

5 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Yup. 1 guys opinion there for sure. Trust me on this, The Jets scouts know way more than this guy does. This guy is a good source of information but he's a little number happy all the time. The guy is wrong lots. You need to trust the people who have done their due diligence, this guy hasn't talked to laine or puljujarvi, he hasn't done the due diligence that the Jets have. Perhaps in the end he's right but perhaps he's wrong also and Puljujarvi is actually the better player in the long run. 

Jets really can't go wrong with either of the Finns, that's what some people are missing... Laine is hyped hyped hyped but Puljujarvi isn't some scrub either, he's a very good player also just like Laine. Laine might have the flair and all that stuff but Puljujarvi is just as good. 

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Excellent news.  But he's a strong possibility of being takent by Vegas I would think.

Not a chance, they will protect him if he's signed to an extension. Look for the Jets to go the 1 3 7 route and that means one or more of Trouba Myers and Enstrom will be moved. If he signs an extension he will be protected, GUARANTEED. 

Just let's try this here... Let's just pretend they trade Enstrom...

Helle

Buff Trouba Myers protected

7 forwards protected... Perreault being one.

That's the route they will go, one of the D men will be moved FOR SURE. 

Edited by Goalie

On 2016-06-23 at 9:52 AM, Jimmy Pop said:

Personally - I'm on the Laine bandwagon. Not because I believe he's head and shoulders above JP - I'm not a paid scout, how would I know? But because I think what Laine brings is increasingly harder and rarer to find - elite level scoring, single handily transforms our PP, all with size and some grit.

Exactly how I feel.  If two players grade out equally - something I am not in a position to assess with these two - then 10 times out of 10 I'm taking the player with the rarer skill set.

The Jets are in a position to assess them, and I'm guessing they don't have them as a tie.

Just now, Goalie said:

Not a chance, they will protect him if he's signed to an extension. Look for the Jets to go the 1 3 7 route and that means one or more of Trouba Myers and Enstrom will be moved. If he signs an extension he will be protected, GUARANTEED. 

Yeah you're probably right.  That 4 D-men thing worries me, is all.  Dont want to lose someone for nothing.  And the issue is, why would a team trade for a D we might lose just so they could lose him too.  It would have to be a team that wants the D-man in question and has the room to protect him.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

My feeling is, if the Jets take JP then I will have confidence in the Jets' evaluation of both and be happy.  But if the Jets take Laine and JP ends up the better player, I wont be angry.  if the Jets take JP and Laine ends up the better player, that would bug me.  (Saw that explanation on twitter and it summed up my feelings).

Winnipeg never does anything "sexy" and maybe Laine is the sexy pick.  I want sexy.  Hope it's Laine.  But whatever.

I also agree that its highly unlikely the Jets management and scouts have let it slip to people what the pick is.  I guess you never know. But it would be unlikely.  More likely someone gave an opinion and it gets hyped up.  Just like Bob Mack's opinion and speculation gets repeated as fact.

My hope here is if we do take JP, same scenario when we went off the board and chose Scheifele as our 7th pick. Maybe we should ask Dale Hawerchuk what he thinks between PL and JP . . .

1 minute ago, mbrg said:

Exactly how I feel.  If two players grade out equally - something I am not in a position to assess with these two - then 10 times out of 10 I'm taking the player with the rarer skill set.

The Jets are in a position to assess them, and I'm guessing they don't have them as a tie.

I believe Chevy said last week that they have their pick.  thats why this sudden influx of speculation about them trading down or taking JP rings a bit hollow.  If they had JP as their guy all along, they'd likely have talked to Columbus about swapping picks already. 

Thing is Puljujarvi is ranked 3rd.... It's not exactly going off the board, It's just taking the guy that's ranked 3rd 2nd... 

Scheif was ranked around 16th 17th ish so that was a significant jump there, a 1 spot jump isn't what i'd call going off the board. 

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

My hope here is if we do take JP, same scenario when we went off the board and chose Scheifele as our 7th pick. Maybe we should ask Dale Hawerchuk what he thinks between PL and JP . . .

The fear is that its scouts out-smarting themselves, trying to go against popular opinion to prove they are smarter than everyone else.  I generally have faith in the Jets scouts and management though.  If they pick JP its because they really believe he's the better player long term.

Yup. If they pick JP... it will be because of intangibles and things of that nature, i think overall he does have higher potential than Laine, Laine is a goal scorer, that's what he does but if he's not scoring goals, he's not doing much else... I think Laine is a huge boom or bust type of pick.... I think JP is safer, little less sexier but picking top 2, you want to make sure you get a player that has some upside, Laine has some, how much? it's hard to say, Puljujarvi has a ton... he really does. The guy broke some records of his own at the World Juniors and Under 18's at Grand Forks... 

With all this being said tho, still think they take Laine...

Just not sure why anyone would be shocked if they took Puljujarvi instead...

Edited by Goalie

I think the Jets have responded to the fans in their decisions at times, signing Buff, naming the team the Jets etc. They have also gone off the board (or seemingly gone off the board) with a pick like Scheif. I wonder if all this talk of Laine and how excited the majority of fans are about getting him, weighs in on the team's decision? Are they concerned about backlash if they don't pick the guy most want, like when they chose the name Jets? 

Edited by IC Khari

6 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

I think the Jets have responded to the fans in their decisions at times, signing Buff, naming the team the Jets etc. They have also gone off the board (or seemingly gone off the board) with a pick like Scheif. I wonder if all this talk of Laine and how excited the majority of fans are about getting him, weighs in on the team's decision? Are they concerned about backlash if they don't pick the guy most want, like when they chose the name Jets? 

I sort of thought this too.  Chevy talked of it being a transformative pick (or something like that)...with all the hype...I dont know.