2016 Lines

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Sure he was. According to goalie expert lawless right.  Turns out in Maurice and Chevys opinion pav sucks. Here's reality... Pav had 5 or 6 years.... he sucks.  This decision was not based on a pointless for the most part training camp... it was based on what's best for the team moving forward.  

Honestly, Lawless' opinion far exceeds yours.  So Im not sure where all that negativity comes from or why you feel the need to rip on everyone so often.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Honestly, Lawless' opinion far exceeds yours.  So Im not sure where all that negativity comes from or why you feel the need to rip on everyone so often.

Why? Because he has a radio show? Lawless doesn't know as much as you like to think he knows.  

People on this site predicted pavelec fate long before gary lawless did. Actually lawless for the last 2 months was pretty certain pav would be a Jet this year. 

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Why? Because he has a radio show? Lawless doesn't know as much as you like to think he knows.  

People on this site predicted pavelec fate long before gary lawless did. Actually lawless for the last 2 months was pretty certain pav would be a Jet this year. 

Yes.  Because he has a radio show.  You nailed it. 

11 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Ladd might have forced Ehlers to his preferred position on the LW.  Unlikely you'd want to move Laine over.  So Laine probably ends up 1LW and Ladd 2LW with Little & Ehlers.

Maurice said he expects his four kids to move and play on both sides this year to help their development. (Referring to Laine, Connor, Ehlers and Morrissey)

So, maybe Laine, Connor and Ehlers would flip sides in order to accommodate the aging Ladd.

Good problem not to have this year!

31 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I think he said they will play with different players and not so much flipping sides although he did say something about that about Ehlers.

Hmmmm... I'll have to listen to the quote again. I thought he wanted them all to play on both sides. I could be wrong.

I think it depends on how Laine and Connor play.  If both push for top six minutes, and perhaps Stafford falters or there is an injury, Ehlers to the RW is the obvious play.  Stafford could have a good season playing with young talent.  Quite frankly, he's not in the long term plans but realistically, he's a talented veteran who should offer some guidance to the kids.  And thats not a bad thing.

Reports that the line rushes today are:

1. Ehlers - Scheifele - Wheeler
  2. Matthias - Little - Stafford
  3. Laine - Perreault - Connor
  4. Tanev - Lowry - Armia
  5. Burmi - Thorburn

1. Morrissey - Byfuglien
  2. Enstrom - Myers
  3. Stuart - Postma
  4. Chiarot

Interesting stuff, let the bitching about young guys not being gifted top-6 spots begin

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I dunno about disgusting, but it seems more like a 3rd line than a 2nd line. It's gritty, I'll give it that...

That would be a very good 3rd line. 50-60 point centre and a 20 goal scorer on the wing. Matthias is a decent player. He's huge, good defensively, and could probably score 15 goals if he plays with those guys all season.

I'm most interested to see how the line with Perreault & the kids does.