2016 Lines

• 3 weeks later...

Training Camp Preview: Jets ready to give keys to youngsters

The Jets will likely be an organization in transition this season and committed to taking the plunge with their skilled youth. TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie outlines the competition that exists at every position and weighs in on the unpredictability of where their season can end up.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/training-camp-preview-jets-ready-to-give-keys-to-youngsters~953308

I'm telling you right now... one or both of Lemieux and Connor will make the Jets out of camp.. as will Morrissey and Helle. 

They didn't announce a week ago or so that Helle will be wearing number 37 for the Jets so they can send him to the Moose. 

Young Guns activate. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ehlers – Scheifele – Wheeler
Laine/Connor – Little – Armia
Connor/Laine– Perreault – Stafford
Tanev– Lowry–Burmi

Thorbs Matthias (until healthy) in pressbox

Enstrom Buff

Morrissey Myers

Stuart Postma/Chiarot

not sure on the goaltending but would like to see Helle and Hutch

Edited by Ducky

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

Ehlers – Scheifele – Wheeler
Laine/Connor – Little – Armia
Connor/Laine– Perreault – Stafford
Tanev– Lowry– Armia

Thorbs Matthias (until healthy) in pressbox

Enstrom Buff

Morrissey Myers

Stuart Postma/Chiarot

not sure on the goaltending but would like to see Helle and Hutch

Armia good enuf to be on 2 lines? Decents lines but Copp>Lowry at this point.

Who cares. Copp has been better than Lowry. Lowry actually sucks.  I'm not sure why people think he's guaranteed a spot. He's been pretty bad actually and he's slow. 

Bet a trade will happen shortly involving trouba plus Lowry and or Burmi. 

Edited by Goalie

7 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Do you really think they will put Lowry on waivers?

Maybe. Do you think someone will pick him up and put him on their nhl roster? He can be press boxed tho. Who really cares if he clears or not tho.... why is that a big deal? Oh no we lose Adam Lowry... how will we replace his.... his what exactly? 

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Maybe. Do you think someone will pick him up and put him on their nhl roster? He can be press boxed tho. Who really cares if he clears or not tho.... why is that a big deal? Oh no we lose Adam Lowry... how will we replace his.... his what exactly? 

Guaranteed but we won't find out because he will not be put on waivers. The Jets management manage their assets better than that.

I don't disagree that Copp is playing better/smarter than Lowry but for whatever reason, the Jets are high on him and he won't be put on waivers. They don't want to lose him. I'd trade him in a package with Burmi and Trouba. Throw in a 1st and get Lindholm.

7 hours ago, Ducky said:

I don't disagree that Copp is playing better/smarter than Lowry but for whatever reason, the Jets are high on him and he won't be put on waivers. They don't want to lose him. I'd trade him in a package with Burmi and Trouba. Throw in a 1st and get Lindholm.

Yeah, I'm sure Anaheim wants a bunch of under-performing forwards they can't protect next year.

I don't think they move Lowry. I think they give him a chance to turn it around.

Armia is a smart player and Maurice sees it even if you don't. He will make the team.

What you would see if I had last say...

Laine – Little – Wheeler

Connor – Scheifele – Ehlers

Dano – Perreault – Armia

Tanev – Copp – Burmi

Matthias Lowry

Morrissey Buff

Enstrom Myers

Chiarot Postma

Stuart

Helle Hutch

Edited by Ducky

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

Armia is a smart player and Maurice sees it even if you don't. He will make the team.

What you would see if I had last say...

Laine – Little – Wheeler

Connor – Scheifele – Ehlers

Dano – Perreault – Armia

Tanev – Copp – Burmi

Matthias Lowry

Morrissey Buff

Enstrom Myers

Chiarot Postma

Stuart

Helle Hutch

Prior to tonights game i think Dano Moose bound. Did you trade Stafford? +1

The funny thing about Laine, if he was a walk-on Joe Schmo and not #2 overall pick he'd be Moose bound. Couple flashes from him but that's it.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

32 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Prior to tonights game i think Dano Moose bound. Did you trade Stafford? yup +1

The funny thing about Laine, if he was a walk-on Joe Schmo and not #2 overall pick he'd be Moose bound. Couple flashes from him but that's it. I agree

I'll play along...

Forwards

Ehlers - Sheifelle - Wheeler 

Laine - Little - Stafford

Connor - Perrault - Burmistrov

Tanev - Copp - Armia

@ PressBox: Thorburn - Lowry 

Defense

Enstrom - Byfuglien

Morrisey - Myers

Chiarot - Postma 

Stuart 

Goalie

Hellebuyck

Pavelec 

23 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Prior to tonights game i think Dano Moose bound. Did you trade Stafford? +1

The funny thing about Laine, if he was a walk-on Joe Schmo and not #2 overall pick he'd be Moose bound. Couple flashes from him but that's it.

So dead wrong about Laine. Laine is very strong defensively and that's been very noticeable and it's actually very rare for a 18 yr old kid to be that responsible defensively.  Laine has been very good in his games. It's unfortunate that people like yourself think that if a guy isn't scoring he sucks. That's not how it works tho. Plus... time to put some actual perspective on this.... it's pre season.  It means legit nothing.  Lol at Laine to the Moose if he was just some walk on... not a chance. Your hockey knowledge seems to be lacking at times here. From the hellebuyck comments to the Morrissey comments and now Laine?  

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

So dead wrong about Laine. Laine is very strong defensively and that's been very noticeable and it's actually very rare for a 18 yr old kid to be that responsible defensively.  Laine has been very good in his games. It's unfortunate that people like yourself think that if a guy isn't scoring he sucks. That's not how it works tho. Plus... time to put some actual perspective on this.... it's pre season.  It means legit nothing.  Lol at Laine to the Moose if he was just some walk on... not a chance. Your hockey knowledge seems to be lacking at times here. From the hellebuyck comments to the Morrissey comments and now Laine?  

So glad you got that off your chest. Good for you. Maybe you be in better spirits for the week now.