2016 Lines

I'm sorry but Laine has been fine. He's adjusting to the north American rinks and is showing that he is not just some goal score . He's showing that he can play a defensively responsible game. 

Just saying but Kichton was sent down... put on waivers.... guess 1 game means nothing. Paul Maurice even says to not read in to pre season games that much. 

I agree with a lot of this except Morrissey as the 7D. No way do they press box Morrissey. He has earned a starting role on the team. I believe they keep Dano around until Matthias gets back. I wonder if Lowry sees much press box if his pre-season play doesn't improve?

I like Armia playing with Laine and Little. ESW is a given and Maurice has been saying this from the end of last season. He also said that eventually Ehlers should go back to his RW spot.

He will probably shelter Connor a bit on the 3rd but that line too has so me potential. I really want to see what Laine an dConnor can do on opposite sides on the PP.

It really means very little.  Morrissey was also paired with Buff and Myers at practice today. 

But wow. If that is what they are thinking.... Lowry over Copp? Thorburn actually on the starting roster? Stu and Chiarot over Morrissey?  

And with the 1st overall pick in the 2017 draft the Winnipeg Jets select from The WHL Brandon Wheat Kings... Nolan Patrick 

18 hours ago, Goalie said:

It really means very little.  Morrissey was also paired with Buff and Myers at practice today. 

But wow. If that is what they are thinking.... Lowry over Copp? Thorburn actually on the starting roster? Stu and Chiarot over Morrissey?  

And with the 1st overall pick in the 2017 draft the Winnipeg Jets select from The WHL Brandon Wheat Kings... Nolan Patrick 

I'm not a huge fan of either Chiarot or Stuart but what has Morrissey done to earn a spot?

Likewise with Copp vs Lowry.  Has Copp been so much better than Lowry that you keep him up on a 2-way deal instead of Lowry on a 1-way?  Seems to me they've been pretty even.

I think you're overreacting.  Declaring the team to be in contention for the next first overall pick because of some 50/50 decisions on bottom-of-the-roster spots.  These decisions aren't going to determine the success of the team.

Today's roster:

FORWARDS

Joel Armia
Alexander Burmistrov
Kyle Connor
Andrew Copp
Chase De Leo
Patrik Laine
Bryan Little
Adam Lowry
Anthony Peluso
Mathieu Perreault
Brandon Tanev
Chris Thorburn

DEFENCE

Dustin Byfuglien
Ben Chiarot
Josh Morrissey
Tyler Myers
Paul Postma
Mark Stuart

GOALTENDERS

Connor Hellebuyck
Michael Hutchinson

Possible lines (by me):

Laine - Little - Armia

Connor - Perreault - Burmi

De Leo - Lowry - Thorburn

Tanev - Copp - Peluso

Chiarot - Buff

Morrissey - Myers

Stuart - Postma

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Possible lines (by me):

Laine - Little - Armia

Connor - Perreault - Burmi

De Leo - Lowry - Thorburn

Tanev - Copp - Peluso

Chiarot - Buff

Morrissey - Myers

Stuart - Postma

Twitter saying Morrissey will swap with the Chair and play with Buff. Me likey. *crosses fingers* sign of things to come?!

21 hours ago, Goalie said:

The tank is on!!

1 hour ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Twitter saying Morrissey will swap with the Chair and play with Buff. Me likey. *crosses fingers* sign of things to come?!

I was thinking just that to see Morrissey with Buff, to me that would be a better pairing.

I would think the jury is still out on whether Morrissey is NHL ready.

With Trouba MIA sure would be nice if Morrissey shines. He'll be doing a lot of covering for Buff :-)

Edited by HardCoreBlue

Morrissey is more nhl ready than Chiarot melchiori strait and Stuart.  I think he makes the team. If he doesn't. .. the decision making process needs to be questioned. Enstrom right now is our only legit nhl calibre lhd. Morrissey has looked the next best. If they take Chiarot or Melchiori or Strait over Morrissey.... I don't know what to say then. 

It's been covered already but to sum up, tonight's lines:

Patrik Laine – Bryan Little – Joel Armia
Kyle Connor – Mathieu Perreault – Alexander Burmistrov
Brandon Tanev – Adam Lowry – Chris Thorburn
Chase De Leo – Andrew Copp – Anthony Peluso

Josh Morrissey – Dustin Byfuglien
Ben Chiarot – Tyler Myers
Mark Stuart – Paul Postma

Connor Hellebuyck

The Lowry line has a very good chance of being our 4th line this year.  However I am intrigued by the Copp line.  There's a reason they're taking a long look at De Leo.