2016 Lines

Everyone is crazy over Vesey (the guy that won the award that Connor should have). Kyle Connor is a better player than Jimmy Vesey. He scored 71 points last season. Connor outscored Vesey by 25 points last season. 25 points total is a pretty good year for most players~30 points was enough to get a player into the top 100 nationally in scoring. Connor's +/- rating was 23 better than Vesey. Yes, Connor will have lessons to be learned on D but he will learn them with the Jets. He is NHL ready.

Like the way this organization rushed burmi and to an extent Kane rushing Connor will also be a mistake. We dont need to pull an Oilers and rush talent into the show and then years later ask why they never learned how to play without the puck. The fact that the roster is loaded with options and this kid is far from having a complete game(unlike Vessey) let him round out his game in the A for a while.

No need to rush Connor if he isn't ready. Training camp will decide that.  Thing is comparing Connor who is 19 to Vesey who is 23 24 isn't fair... Vesey is what he is... his upside?  There isn't much. What you see is what you get. Connor is still a kid .. a kid who needs to put on some weight and has time to develop still. If he's not ready... he's going to be on the Moose and it wouldn't surprise me if that's where he starts. He probably won't finish the season there but there really is no need to rush him If he's not nhl ready... his D game definitely needs work. Trust me if Ehlers could have been sent to the Moose last year... he would have been. They weren't gonna send him to junior. Connor? He can be sent to the Moose. 

Edited by Goalie

17 minutes ago, MyDogHasScheifeles said:

Like the way this organization rushed burmi and to an extent Kane rushing Connor will also be a mistake. We dont need to pull an Oilers and rush talent into the show and then years later ask why they never learned how to play without the puck. The fact that the roster is loaded with options and this kid is far from having a complete game(unlike Vessey) let him round out his game in the A for a while.

Except this management has no history of rushing its prospects. That was Atlanta management that rushed those players. Chevy and co. are exceptionally patient and let the prospects cook in the oven until they're toasty brown.

3 minutes ago, Judd said:

Except this management has no history of rushing its prospects. That was Atlanta management that rushed those players. Chevy and co. are exceptionally patient and let the prospects cook in the oven until they're toasty brown.

Yup.  

They sent scheif back to Barrie 

Trouba played for Michigan for a year 

Lowry was in junior they spent a year or more with the ahl team 

Nobody has been rushed yet. Ehlers maybe but... he showed he was ready. Sending him to junior wasn't gonna happen. 

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

Connor plays for the Jets. Too good not to.

4 minutes ago, Judd said:

I agree 100% two diferent styles of management. Chevy>Waddell/Dudley. I just wish some fans had more patients with the youth movement and understand these kids need time.

2 minutes ago, MyDogHasScheifeles said:

I agree 100% two diferent styles of management. Chevy>Waddell/Dudley. I just wish some fans had more patients with the youth movement and understand these kids need time.

Irrelevant what fans think... it's what management thinks. Pavelec has 1 year left. That's this year. This is a developmental year. It's not a make the playoffs year.  Next year will be. This year? Nope 

6 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Better get a 2nd and 4th for Stafford...just like Stempy!

Is it too early to talk about tanking to draft that kid from Brandon? :D

Jets won't be that bad. They won't make the playoffs I don't think but they will probably be closer to being in the playoffs than to a team like Toronto or Vancouver or 5 6 7 8 other teams who suck worse 

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Better get a 2nd and 4th for Stafford...just like Stempy!

Is it too early to talk about tanking to draft that kid from Brandon? :D

ha ha we just need to miss the playoffs and end up in the lottery, then watch Trevor Linden's face drop as the Jets move up to top three again thanks to the luck of the lottery.  I think if that happened two years in a row Brian Burke would fall off his chair and have a coronary.

15 hours ago, Ducky said:

Now you want Staf on the team? Hard to keep track.

Most analysts are calling for Laine to get 25+ goals.....Ehlers scored 15 last year so I'd expect Connor to get about the same amount or so.

How many would Ehlers have gotten if he had played with Scheif and Wheels all year?

If we hadn't won a lottery pciuk, everyone would be talking about how Connor is going to light it up this year in the NHL but then we drafted Laine....that doesn't make Connor worse, he is still the same player....the same player that was the best player, as a rookir, in all of NCAA last year. he is ready people deal with it.....you guys want him on the Moose even if he is ready for the NHL by the sounds of it....sending him to the Moose isn't gonna happen.

12 minutes ago, Ducky said:

If we hadn't won a lottery pciuk, everyone would be talking about how Connor is going to light it up this year in the NHL but then we drafted Laine....that doesn't make Connor worse, he is still the same player....the same player that was the best player, as a rookir, in all of NCAA last year. he is ready people deal with it.....you guys want him on the Moose even if he is ready for the NHL by the sounds of it....sending him to the Moose isn't gonna happen.

Does Connor get +/- 10.5 goals?

My vote is under 10.5 goals. The only way I see him playing in NHL this season, is if there are significant injuries which leave many, many  openings. That's a long shot.

And just because people want Connor to play well and make the club (me included), that does not make him ready.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

ha ha we just need to miss the playoffs and end up in the lottery, then watch Trevor Linden's face drop as the Jets move up to top three again thanks to the luck of the lottery.  I think if that happened two years in a row Brian Burke would fall off his chair and have a coronary.

Not enuf love for this post.

You know... you look at the prospects for 2017 draft. Patrick? That would be awesome but besides him there's 10 or 15 other guys including some big time stud d men who would look good with the Jets also. Couple interesting Finns also. A d man and a forward. 

Couple sons of former players in Patrick and D man Callan Foote. Ryan and Dylan Strome younger brother LW Matthew Strome.  Max Tippet son I believe of Dave. Interesting American in Yamamoto... Small but tons of talent. And a couple Russian kids. Also can't forget D man from Sweden Timothy Liljegren.

If the Jets miss the playoffs... they will get a pretty solid player regardless of where they pick between 1 and 16... cuz Vegas 

Edited by Goalie

17 hours ago, Goalie said:

You know... you look at the prospects for 2017 draft. Patrick? That would be awesome but besides him there's 10 or 15 other guys including some big time stud d men who would look good with the Jets also. Couple interesting Finns also. A d man and a forward. 

Couple sons of former players in Patrick and D man Callan Foote. Ryan and Dylan Strome younger brother LW Matthew Strome.  Max Tippet son I believe of Dave. Interesting American in Yamamoto... Small but tons of talent. And a couple Russian kids. Also can't forget D man from Sweden Timothy Liljegren.

If the Jets miss the playoffs... they will get a pretty solid player regardless of where they pick between 1 and 16... cuz Vegas 

I've watched Callan Foote playing here in Kelowna, very impressed.  He'd look really good on the Jets blue line one day.

On 8/19/2016 at 3:53 PM, JCon said:

Does Connor get +/- 10.5 goals?

My vote is under 10.5 goals. The only way I see him playing in NHL this season, is if there are significant injuries which leave many, many  openings. That's a long shot.

And just because people want Connor to play well and make the club (me included), that does not make him ready.

If Connor plays the season with the Jets, I would make you almost any bet he pots more than 10 goals. Laine on the LW and Connor on the RW on the PP should get them each 7 or 8 goals a piece. Not saying Connor is going to be 1PP but if he were, he's get about 20 goals for the season. He was head and shoulders above everyone else in the NCAA and people think he starts with the Moose? Really??????

So, if he plays the season and you want to make a friendly wager (example.... loser has to wear a Kane Jersey in public), let me know.

57 minutes ago, Ducky said:

If Connor plays the season with the Jets, I would make you almost any bet he pots more than 10 goals. Laine on the LW and Connor on the RW on the PP should get them each 7 or 8 goals a piece. Not saying Connor is going to be 1PP but if he were, he's get about 20 goals for the season. He was head and shoulders above everyone else in the NCAA and people think he starts with the Moose? Really??????

So, if he plays the season and you want to make a friendly wager (example.... loser has to wear a Kane Jersey in public), let me know.

If he plays a full season with the Jets, I would bet he gets more than 10, as well. My point is that I don't think he won't play here that much.

He was very good in the NCAA. He was on a good line in a weak Big Ten. Not taking anything away from him, but the CHL is much tougher. It's a longer, more demanding season, with a ton more depth. We see plenty of players who put up big numbers in the CHL, which cannot walk into an NHL.

If Ehlers could have gone to the Moose, they would have sent him .