2016 Lines

• 4 weeks later...

What will the lines look like once Little, Matthias, Staf, MP and Armia get back? I'd like to see...

Connor Little Wheeler

Ehlers Scheif Laine

Perreault Petan Armia

Tanev Lowry Dano

Morrissey Buff

Enstrom Myers

Trouba Postma

Helle Hutch (I would still like to see what Comrie can do later in the season and wouldn't be disappointed if Hutch had a not serious injury that kept him out for 2 or so weeks provided we are not in a playoff race or have first place wrapped up)

Copp and Matthias in the pressbox...what do we do with Burmi? I'd waive him. We can afford to lose him. Play him and send Dano or Tanev down?? not a chance...both deserve to play up here. 

Then there is Staf. You know Maurice will play him so will we see the youngsters that are playing well go back down? Some big decisions coming up for management.

Copp won't be press boxed cuz it doesn't help his development at all.  He either is on the ice or with the moose since he's waiver exempt. 

Thorburn is a perfect press box guy. As is Stuart and Burmi.* if not traded 

I'd be shocked if stafford isn't traded sooner rather than later. I see Vancouver or NYI in his future 

I'm actually not convinced stafford is as injured as they say he is. 

Edited by Goalie

Players that have to be put somewhere next year...

Connor Little Wheeler Ehlers Scheif Laine Perreault Petan Armia Tanev Lowry Dano Copp Matthias Lemieux Stafford Burmi Roslovic

18 players that should be in the NHL next year except maybe Roslo...

Forgetting anyone?

8 hours ago, Ducky said:

Players that have to be put somewhere next year...

Connor Little Wheeler Ehlers Scheif Laine Perreault Petan Armia Tanev Lowry Dano Copp Matthias Lemieux Stafford Burmi Roslovic

18 players that should be in the NHL next year except maybe Roslo...

Forgetting anyone?

We can't protect everyone. We're going to lose someone off that list.

I wonder if Chevy is feeling real pressure to Trouba this season. (Real pressure on himself)

If he only had to protect 3 defense (Buff, Enstrom and Myers), he could protect Lowry, Dano and Armia.

This assumes that he doesn't get a expansion draft eligible player in return.

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

One thing is clear, for the teams going to the playoffs, there will be some really quality depth players available at or near the trade deadline.

Since we will be one of those teams, our cap space says go for it.

A man can dream which I will be using now and then to escape our current reality of societal issues.

Don't you just love professional sport. :-)

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

Since we will be one of those teams, our cap space says go for it.

A man can dream which I will be using now and then to escape our current reality of societal issues.

Don't you just love professional sport. :-)

We could add very good defenseman, that's for sure. Prices may even be depressed in this market. Might even get a top 4 d, that another team can't protect, with term, for a prospect or a lower draft pick.

Of course, that player would be exposed come the expansion draft.

If I were Chevy, I would make a deal around picking a pre-determined player plus getting LV to take a D man he wants and then sending something their way.

just an example....they decide on Lowry (or MP or Dano or Armia or ?). They pick one of the Isles D men left unprotected (de Haan?) and we send some picks like a 2nd in 2018 and a 3rd in 2017 and someone like Lipon or Kosmo or Olsen.

We don't lose a D man and get a D man, they get some picks and a player for their farm team and a forward they want from the expansion draft and everyone is happy.

5 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

We're worrying out losing Armia, Copp or Lowry. I mean they're all nice but its not going to kill us. We'd still have Scheifele, Elhers, Laine, Little, Wheeler, Connor, Roslovic and two of the above.

Check out what Eric Foley Mason Appleton Michael Spacek Jordy Stallard and Jansen Harkins are doing in the NCAA and WHL. Forward depth won't be an issue at all. They all will be on their way soon as in next season for most of them. Moose bound. Loaded at forward right now. 

Edited by Goalie

• 2 weeks later...