VIsa Troubles For Mulamba

iso_55

36 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

I know people here do but I don't.

I find it strange that a guy a lot of people think is going to play for the bombers is going to the trouble of becoming an american citizen so that he doesn't have to continue to get visa's to play football in america,  we are the last option in his football career.

7 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I find it strange that a guy a lot of people think is going to play for the bombers is going to the trouble of becoming an american citizen so that he doesn't have to continue to get visa's to play football in america,  we are the last option in his football career.

Which is why I don't care. He can sign with any NFL team he wants & I wish him well but until he signs a contract with us I could care less. 

23 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Why would any one consider the CFL when the NFL is an option? That NFL pension is no joke.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

So you DO care......... 

No, not really. Of all the guys we drafted & are in the NFL he gets talked about the most. The guy has sort of found a home in the NFL & I do wish him well. Why would I care about Mulamba when he isn't with the Bombers? I only care about the guys here.

17 hours ago, bustamente said:

Will we ever see Mulumba in a Bomber uniform?

Id say we have a good chance of one day seeing mulumba(26) or bilukidi(27). Age is quickly counting down to the point the nfl wont continue to try to develop them, and neither and become much of a  special teams player. Mulumba showed some flashes early, and is younger so id say bilukidi is the guy to bet on. That kind of size and athletic ability could have him bouncing around nfl teams a bit longer though. The job we did drafting since the cfl draft has become some thing of value is kinda sad. 

We should open the draft to CIS, junior NCAA & NIAA players.  Canadian & American. Since our top rated CIS players want to go & get signed by the NFL teams are getting screwed & just wasting picks. We shouldn't be protecting these Canadian players anymore. We'd be drafting talented American guys who most wouldn't ever see an NFL training camp. A guy like Jonathan Jennings, for example. Get rid of the secret neg lists.

38 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

We should open the draft to CIS, junior NCAA & NIAA players.  Canadian & American. Since our top rated CIS players want to go & get signed by the NFL teams are getting screwed & just wasting picks. We shouldn't be protecting these Canadian players anymore. We'd be drafting talented American guys who most wouldn't ever see an NFL training camp. A guy like Jonathan Jennings, for example. Get rid of the secret neg lists.

Are you saying get rid of the ratio as well?  I'm not sure I fully understand what you're getting at.

10 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Are you saying get rid of the ratio as well?  I'm not sure I fully understand what you're getting at.

No, keep the ratio. But instead of secret neg lists have a draft open to Nationals & Internationals. Just not junior or CIS players. We won't be drafting Carson Wentz but perhaps a qb in NCAA FCS, NAIA instead, for example.  Guys the NFL may have overlooked.

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

No, keep the ratio. But instead of secret neg lists have a draft open to Nationals & Internationals. Just not junior or CIS players. We won't be drafting Carson Wentz but perhaps a qb in NCAA FCS, NAIA instead, for example.  Guys the NFL may have overlooked.

The problem with this is that there are so many fringe NFLers, how many rounds are there going to be?   What happens to the players who inevitably don't get drafted.

Neg list system is there for a reason.  Impractical for CFL teams to draft Americans IMO.

The Neg List is the 1970's. They need to develop a draft of all players. What's the point of drafting strictly all Canadian players when half the first round go to the NFL & stay there for years? Like Mulamba. Open it up.

Edited by iso_55

8 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

The Neg List is the 1970's. They need to develop a draft of all players. What's the point of drafting strictly all Canadian players when half the first round go to the NFL & stay there for years? Like Mulamba. Open it up.

Whats the point of having a draft of American players when they will all want to exhaust their NFL chances before even considering coming up North?

The exact reason you give for Canadians is the exact reason it won't work for Americans.

How many rounds of drafting do you want and how do you want to handle the players that don't get drafted?

On 4/2/2016 at 3:04 PM, iso_55 said:

We could maybe have 2 drafts. Your drafted imports go on your neglist and you can hold a players rights for say 2-3 years. Have a 10-12 round imp draft and say 20-24 neg list spots. I dont think having imp's on the draft list with nucks works well though. and it doesnt fix the problem with guys going to the nfl. I do think letting teams draft guys earlier and let them return to the cis while retaining their rights is a good thing though. 

CFL can't compete with the NFL on money anymore, that's the only thing wrong and it's not fixable and it's not a draft problem.  The problem is GM's risking a high pick on a guy with NFL interest.

I never want to see an American player draft, if a GM has a player he wants he just puts him on the neg list and even then a lot of them never come.  One thing I would like is the neg list to be published but that's just because I want to know, I don't see it helping football be any better.

Edited by JohnnyOnTheSpot