upper deck seating question

my 2c having sat all over the stadium not being a season ticket holder any more, isnt a seat in the house to worry about being stuck in. Maybe too close to the rum hut if you dont like drunk people lol. Ive never hesitated on seats due to location and i dont think ill ever regret it. 

33 minutes ago, ALuCsRED said:

What's the grey cup ticket fiasco?

If Im not mistaken, they made season ticket holders buy their tickets when they reupped at a certain amount like $300+.  then when they had to reallocate people who bought tickets for much less in the North end zone, they ended up getting better seats at that reduced price. or something along those lines, it irked a lot of people cuz i think it actually ended up costing season ticket holders more for their tickets then people just buying walk up, but was a mandatory thing for holders.  I think they offered some kind of compensation but it still falls flat.

It's been a while since I heard what the issue is, so parts of this could be ad lib lol

I had friends that got moved up.  I'm sure they would have felt better knowing they had seats for the game, instead of thinking their seats were now the stairwell.  

That sounds like quite the petty problem.  Boo hoo, someone paid less for something than me.  It happens everyday.

Honestly, I was at the game, the weather was great, and the game was close.  How could it not have been a great grey Cup?

I think it was more icing on the cake, because I know a few people who had zero interest in the GC unless the bombers were in it.  but as season ticket holders I believe they made you pay for a ticket with your seasons, and so to see others get bumped up in an event they lost interest in the moment their team was out, and paid a decent amount for (some will argue it's only $300 but i'd consider that an expense I'd like to avoid if I could) on top of the way the teams been for so long....  I'm just saying there might be a reason for all the openings on upgrading seats for seasons. 

I dont know how other years fare in this regard, but it sounded like a lot of people gave up after last year

45 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

again it's been a while since I heard the reason people were put off.  that discount wasnt offered immediately was it, and even then I dont think some people wanted to lock in for 3 years, not with the way the on field product has been

The $100 discount was offered from day one so you're wrong about that part too.  

The issue with the discount & 3 year deal came much later when they started giving the same discount to certain groups without them having to lock into a contract.

Back to the original topic, I've sat in Section 234 Row 17, Section 228 Row 5 and now Section 229 Row 6.  The views are pretty good from all locations.  The camera man issues on the West Upper deck were resolved with the low slung cameraman seats.  The fans are great on our side of the stadium.

I decided to move to row 6 as that row on our side (in section 228) had great legroom.  Hopefully section 229 is the same as 228.

I did checkout the virtual view but find it is a lot different in person. I sat front row sec 107 behind visitors bench and the virtual view for those seats wasn't great. I had the best time great view of the whole field visitor players interacting with us was great. I'd take those seats if they came available. 

On 3/23/2016 at 0:40 AM, bigg jay said:

The $100 discount was offered from day one so you're wrong about that part too.  

The issue with the discount & 3 year deal came much later when they started giving the same discount to certain groups without them having to lock into a contract.

And honestly, I think a lot of people laughed at them when they wanted a 3 yr commitment.  Like Bombers...you've seen the product on the field lately, right? With 5,000 empty seats every game, what the hell incentive was there for fans to commit? 

Anywho, old news now.  Here's hoping the next GC here is managed much, much (much) better.

• 2 weeks later...