Wrestling

Rich

13 hours ago, Atomic said:

I don't get why people like American Alpha and the Revival so much.  Both teams are boring and unlikeable.  I don't see either one being on the main roster any time soon.

I like Enzo and Cass.  The Vaudevillains are a fine heel team and I expect they will be filling The Ascension role for awhile.

NXT has actually been really weak lately.  "No Way Jose"?  Gimme a break.

Ive only seen a bit of Jose in Internet videos but imagine if you could go back and see Honky Tonk Man for the first time.  You'd think it was the stupidest thing ever and he ended up a huge star that headlined WWE's B house shows for a year.

Vaudevillains are unique and different, if they let them be who they are and really play up that gimmick, they will get over. Enzo and Cass is probably one of the best parts of RAW now, by far, Enzo is awesome, Cass is pretty good too, THEY ARE OVER, like crazy and will be for a long time because, quite frankly, they got the IT factor..

I really like Jordan and Gable also and would love to see ANGLE brought in to introduce them, Those guys will get over also on the big stage, why? Cuz they are believable and seem genuine in the roles they are playing, they have charisma, they can certainly go in the ring and quite honestly, they are entertaining. 

Dash and Dawson? Not sure they come up anytime soon, but when they do, (if they do), they will probably be a jobber team since honestly, outside of being good workers, they really don't offer much else. 

The issue with American Alpha was Jordan was a guy with all the tools but didnt seem to have charisma but he has improved a lot.  Gable is the star for sure and his size could hold him back in Vince-land.  But as a team, they are terrific. 

My worry with Enzo/Cass is Vince will have a hard on for Cass and want to split them up.  Cass is no great shakes on the mic but a young guy that size has lots of potential.  Hopefully they stay a team for awhile.  And bring up Carmella!  Not only is she a good part of the act but it must suck dating when you're on two different traveling circuits.

Oh RIC FLAIR...

It looks like WWE Hall Of Famer Ric Flair is going to be in some hot water with WWE again.

"The Nature Boy" has reportedly been detained at the Boston Logan Airport, as police are refusing to let him on the plane due to his high level of intoxication.

According to multiple reports, Flair was reportedly drunk early this morning and has been barred from boarding his scheduled flight out of Boston.

Additionally, Flair reportedly fell and busted his head open while intoxicated in the airport. Below is a photo of police attending to an intoxicated Flair in the Boston Logan Airport this morning.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

TNA put up a graphic of Chyna before their TV last night.  Just text, no pics from their archives.  And got the year of her birth wrong.  There really is no saving this company.

Seriously? I don't watch TNA anymore, it's a lost cause but Seriously? Man oh man, TNA should just fold already. They are done. 

14 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Oh RIC FLAIR...

It looks like WWE Hall Of Famer Ric Flair is going to be in some hot water with WWE again.

"The Nature Boy" has reportedly been detained at the Boston Logan Airport, as police are refusing to let him on the plane due to his high level of intoxication.

According to multiple reports, Flair was reportedly drunk early this morning and has been barred from boarding his scheduled flight out of Boston.

Additionally, Flair reportedly fell and busted his head open while intoxicated in the airport. Below is a photo of police attending to an intoxicated Flair in the Boston Logan Airport this morning.

Ric might want to try and get that drinking under control.  Hunter can only protect him so much.  Might be time for rehab.

From TMZ:

Sgt. Donlon says airport officials got a call for a "man with a cut on his hand" -- and police and medical personnel responded. Flair was treated -- deemed not drunk -- and was allowed to get on his flight.  

9:43 AM PT -- Ric's agent, Melinda Morris Zanoni, tells us she has spoken with Flair and issued the following statement: 

"Ric has been working every day around the clock, including internationally, for a month straight and has injuries on his hand that were being looked into this morning."

"While it is true Ric Flair and his buddies have been keeping airport bars in business since the 70s that was not the case at all in Boston. I just hung up with Ric, he is already on the flight and all is good.

57 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Oh RIC FLAIR...

I just picture him walking away from the bar like this:

flop ric flair wooooooo

8 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Ive only seen a bit of Jose in Internet videos but imagine if you could go back and see Honky Tonk Man for the first time.  You'd think it was the stupidest thing ever and he ended up a huge star that headlined WWE's B house shows for a year.

Totally different era for the Honky Tonk Man. There were plenty of "cartoon" acts back then. It'd never fly today unless Honky Tonk Man was a ruthless heel who destroyed & hurt his opponents in the ring. Then maybe it might work. Hitting a guy over the head with a guitar & doing the boogie woogie pretending to play the guitar wouldn't be be enough for today's fans. He'd have to have this happy go lucky persona in the ring until the bell goes then it's full on heel. Honky Tonk still wrestles I understand but he's a nostalgia act now.

Edited by iso_55

To a degree. But characters still have their place. Kane is a character. HTM would have a harder time now due to his work rate more than his character I think.

again I don't know a lot about Jose though I hear he's good.  

On the other hand Fandango was a character who was insanely over for a minute and flamed out. 

His a side story about HTM. He was never meant to win the IC title. Steamboat was meant to be a longer term champion but his wife wanted a baby and Ricky asked for a leave of absence.  The plan was to put the belt on Butch Reed. 

Reed no showed.  Hogan suggested HTM and the rest is history. There was also the thought of HTM being a short term champion to transition to Jake Roberts but Jake was hurt from a guitar shot delivered by HTM earlier. 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

Curtis Hussey aka Fandango needs a complete remake, His character is dead & buried. The guy looks like a real competent wrestler so why not take him out of the promotions for a couple of months & come back rebranded? It's worked in the past for other guys so why not him? One other question, is Tyson Kidd's career over after his broken neck & is he still married to Natalya?

Edited by iso_55

17 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Curtis Hussey aka Fandango needs a complete remake, His character is dead & buried. The guy looks like a real competent wrestler so why not take him out of the promotions for a couple of months & come back rebranded? It's worked in the past for other guys so why not him? One other question, is Tyson Kidd's career over after his broken neck & is he still married to Natalya?

Still married and should be coming back.  They've been together since they were kids. 

Way to go WWE by putting Sandow in a squash match with Barrin Corbin on Smackdown. Ticks me off the way they've been wasting Sandow the past 6 months but now he has to endure a squash match to a guy he has no business losing to. I can see the WWE crowds booing Corbin all the way back to NXT.

Edited by iso_55

Booking Corbin who doesn't look very good in the ring beating better wrestlers than him may make fans forget how much they hate Roman. What horrible booking for Corbin. Now they're going to throw in Ziggler who looks like he's now becoming a mid card jobber at Corbin? He's going to become a Dead Man Wrestling With fans. There's just isn't anything redeeming qualities I see to even like Corbin.

Edited by iso_55

It's up to the bookers to maximize what they have though.  Heyman had a ton of nobodies in ECW that he booked in such a way people thought they were good. public Enemy had a career off of it and they sucked. 

Ziggler could be better in some ways. He is too quick with the moves and could slow down some. But better to be too fast then not fast enough. 

Ziggler was in the doghouse for giving an interview once where he said if he and Randy Orton went into a dark alley and only one came out it wouldn't be Orton.  Petty heat!

Ziggler has had plenty of chances in my opinion but just lacks something. Not sure what but he's had lots and lots of chances and yeah I know... it's a work but ziggler hasn't really done much with those chances. I like him but I don't see him ever really being more than he currently is and that's fine. 

In a related note zigglers younger brother has been charged with murder 

Ziggler was crazy over when they did that Authority vanquished angle. Was that Survivor Series two years ago?  He got the big push in that match and scored the win. Hugely over. And we all thought they were finally going to do something. And they didn't. They clearly see him as a B guy. So be it. Unfortunately.