Wrestling

Rich

Yet, they give "The biggest B Lister, the boring same as always never changes",  Miz the IC Champ. He needs his wife Maryse to get him over. And even though she's added a little something to Miz it still isn't enough. Fans neither like him or really respect him. Yet Miz seems to always gets the push & others don't.

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

is roode back in TNA was reading the TNA recap and had roodes name all over the beer money promo/match

No. TNA tapes so far in advance now. I believe that was Roode's last appearance on TNA tv. He should be signing. Wouldn't be surprised if he actually was on the main roster. 

I love Ziggler in the ring.  I still think the best match I've seen live over the last 3 WWE live events in Winnipeg was probably Ziggler vs The Miz. They work well together.  And I've seen a lot of stars in that time who weren't nearly as entertaining.

But I hate Ziggler on the mic.  He's awful.  I don't know if it's the sound of his voice or his attitude or what, but he makes an unlikeable face and a weak heel.  And I bet that's what holds him back.

Someone said he should be in the IC title picture.  And I think he will be again.  It's just not his time.

52 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

They do love Miz. When he was champion he did tons of media and PR and asked for more. But I admit I like him and his schtick with Maryse is great!

Couldn't agree more.  It's tough to buy him as IC champion when he has lost so many matches recently but he's just so great in his promos.  Maryse is fantastic as well.

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

They do love Miz. When he was champion he did tons of media and PR and asked for more. But I admit I like him and his schtick with Maryse is great!

I've never seen him as strong in the ring. He can cut a promo sure but people have to buy that he's a legit wrestle in the ring not just a guy who is good on the stick.. I just see Miz as nothing but King Of The Mid Carders.

Miz is fundamentally sound. He's not a great worker. He's not Bryan or AJ. But he's way better than Roman and that guy is world champion. 

Miz has carved out a good career and is probably a lifer. Nice guy who works hard.  Does everything asked. Definitely needed something to rejuvenate him and Maryse might be it. Knowing wwe they will split them up and have her cheat on him or something 

Looks like Young only worked one of three weeks of taping a so perhaps it's a short term deal or try out. Or it might just be giving him a big debut to get him over and use him mostly for house shows. 

Plus on the subject of Jose this sounds like a lot of fun. 

No Way Jose beat Noah

Big reaction for No Way Jose in Full Sail as you'd expect; he's a fun personality with a lot of charm. The chants included "No Way, No Way, No Way Joseee" to the tune of the Sami Zayn "Ole'" chants and his song's style "No Way Jose" chants as well. Salsa dance style offense and solid work before the big baseball pitch wind up punch and then a full nelson slam for the win. Post match, No Way Jose was able to convince referee Drake Wuertz to dance with him to a huge cheer. Some fancy footwork by Drake.

Characters man. It's what made me a fan in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I love a great 5 star wrestling match but... for it to be really great, i need to care about the 2 guys having it. They need to entertain me. Characters do that. They have a lot of successful characters over the years and several flops but.. wrestling goes hand in hand with characters and guys who take that character and make it their own, Look at NEW DAY.. a year or so ago, they were a huge joke, everyone thought, man these guys are awful, here we are a year later, they are one of if not the most over act on the card, why? because they took those goofy characters and made them their own and took it over the top. They are probably playing a more exaggerated version of themselves and in wrestling, that's important. This No Way Jose guy, he seems to be a fun character, a guy who seems to be over with the smarks at full sail, and they are smarks, those are hardcore wrestling fans down there in NXT and the guy is over. Just goes to show you that it don't matter what character they give you, if you go out there and make it work, put your own little mark on that character, it works. It always has and it always will. The characters that have failed have either been really stupid or the person playing them just didn't do enough to make it work.

I might be a little 2 young to remember the debut of the Undertaker but from what my dad told me, a lot of people at that time thought that was the stupidest character they have ever seen but Mark Calloway made it work and is now a legend.  

Edited by Goalie

The Undertaker was definitely not one of worst gimmicks of all time (even back then).  You can watch it on youtube and it's very similar to what you saw for most of his career.  

Fun fact, if you watch his debut from Survivor Series 1990, you'll also see the on-screen debut of Shane McMahon (he's the ref on the outside of the ring).

Undertaker act was never thought of as stupid. It was different, that's all. Paul Bearer with the white face, undertaker suit. white gloves & the Urn "of my Undertaker" helped propel the character to new heights. That he was a monster of a man helped too. But without Paul Bearer there'd be no Undertaker today.

Well undertaker debuted as managed by Brother Love. He was actually called Cain The Undertaker.  There were definitely times when the undertaker act was considered passé and "old" and boring.  But he reinvented himself a few times and built up a lot of respect. 

But ultimately I agree with Goalie. There's not a perfect formula though.  Look at Roman who should be super over and isn't. Bad booking, lame character and poor worker. The trifecta of suck. 

Randy Orton. Great wrestler. Boring as hell.  John Cena. Lousy wrestler. Biggest star in the business. Nowadays fans expect you to be a good worker though. I assume Jose can work. Haven't seen him work yet 

just wait til Nak is on raw. Big time star. 

Im actually a little surprised Undertaker lasted as long as he did, some lame booking early in his career (vs Giant Gonzales, vs. Himself/Fake) and what i always thought was a lame gimmick despite it being more accurate to the real guy in the Bikertaker, I think him going back to the trench coat and hat but really turning his entrance into a spectacle with the smoke and lightning is what saved his career for an extra decade

Yeah I think, if I recall, he was injured and gone for awhile, and they made his return at WrestleMania with a return to the deadman look and that combined to really make the gimmick one people appreciated.  But there were many times in his earlier career where he was not popular and people were sick of him and his work was pretty bad.  Undertaker as a top flight worker is something rather recent, like since his first match with Michaels.  

Looks like Kyle Edwards (Arda Ocal) has been released by the WWE, wonder if they'll bring him back to aftermath, or if hes gonna jump to that burning ship TNA like Josh Matthews did?  I'd like to see him back on Aftermath, even tho i dont catch it as often as i used to - mostly due to when it airs. If it was aired between the 2 showings of Raw (between 10p-11p) i'd probably watch it the same way I watched the talking dead right after TWD. It can be a really good show, and used to be top notch when it was Ocal, Jimmy Korderas and Renee Young, their current cast isnt as good

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

Too bad about Enzo. Last word he was already released from hospital so we can assume it wasn't a serious concussion requiring observation.  Scary seeing the slow mo.  His eyes were open but glasses over and he was out cold before he hit the floor  

Very good main event. Really over booked and designed to get the Mcmahons over. But in saying that it was still really good dramatic.  Incredible timing by AJ on everything. 

Another update. Being called a sever concussion. Had a CAT scan. Released from hospital. Remembers everything up to the spot in question. 

Wont be cleared until he passes concussion testing so probably out for a little while. Wonder if they will let him work as a second for Cass....

if its me I probably have Cass give an emotiona update and seek revenge on the vaudevillians alone until Enzo makes his return because it should be a big time reaction. 

41 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

If I am not mistaken WWE protocol with any concussion is a min two weeks off then they re evaluate 

Yeah and sometimes the "Vince Factor".  In the case of Bryan, he passed all testing repeatedly and would still not be cleared.  WWE is hyper-sensitive to this right now due to lawsuits.  I would say the fact it was so visible and scary probably means they will lean to taking more time than necessary.  But it depends on Enzo's concussion history as well.  Im not away of any prior concussions.

The releasing of pics of Enzo goofing off last night is probably to control the message that he's fine and it wasnt a big deal.  But that look on his face and his limp body when it happened was scary.  And the Vaudvillain trying to drag him to his feet was all sort of wrong.