Wrestling

Rich

I cant remember if I mentioned this year yet but here is a great TNA story.  The company has been a money loser for ages, probably its entire existence.  In fact the reason Dixie Carter is the President of the company is that back in 2002, the Jarrett's hired her to do PR for them.  The business model at the time was NO television and just doing weekly PPV for $10.  They thought they'd do 150,000 PPV buys per week but hovered around 10,000 buys per week.  One of their production people gave them incorrect information about the buys leading them to believe they were doing way better than they were (it takes months for the PPV revenue to be paid out so the company had to pay all expenses of producing the shows for, say, six months before they got one cent back).

When the Jarrett's realised the real PPV numbers, they were essentially bankrupt.  Dixie, their PR person, then went to her parents who owned Panda Energy and convinced them to buy controlling interest of TNA and make her President.  And that's what saved TNA after its first six months of existence, and how Dixie came to "own" it.  Jeff Jarrett retained a minority interest.

Fast forward a few years and Jarrett ends up in a secret relationship with Kurt Angle's wife (they were separated) and when the truth came out, there was loads of heat on Jeff to the point Dixie sent him home and Jeff's power in the company vanished.  He ended up coming back some time later and working with Kurt but his behind the scenes power was gone, though he still owned part of the company.

Last year Jarrett tries to buy TNA from Dixie's parents, backed by Toby Keith.  Keith had appeared on an early episode of TNA's weekly PPV and was a good friend of Jeff's.  Toby was willing to fund the purchase.  The deal was all but agreed to, money worked out, everything...except Dixie's dad insisted Dixie be kept on as an on-screen character.  When Jeff & Toby refused to promise that, the deal fell apart.   They could have SOLD TNA for ACTUAL money but because they insisted their daughter be given a job, it fell apart.  Now the company is practically worthless.

Jarrett ended up making a deal to sell back his interest in the company in exchange for TNA promoting Jeff's new promotion Global Force Wrestling, which is in even worse shape than TNA.  In fact, Jeff is somehow fronting a gold-selling company that has been called a ponzi scheme. 

So the most recent word is there IS a interested financial backer willing to buy into TNA but they want 51% and Dixie doesnt want to give up control.  Supposedly, this backer has provided funds so TNA can at least keep meeting their TV taping costs.  Without it, they are essentially dead in the water.  So basically, this deal HAS to be made.  Panda Energy stopped funding TNA...Dixie's parents turned off the gravy train.

I'd be surprised if TNA lasted a year.  But I also wouldnt be surprised if they went on "hiatus" with Dixie making regular announcements about TNA's impending come back that never ends up happening.

I'd suspect WWE would be interested in acquiring the library and brands but you never know.  WWE looks down on TNA in a very big way.  But the content would be great for the Network.

Viktor's like "Oh great thanks Konnor." Not sure we see Viktor again until Konnor comes back.  Maybe some squash matches on Main Event or Superstars.

I wonder if Social Outcast will bring in a new member to replace Rose.  That's a big hole in WWE's hottest stable.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Viktor's like "Oh great thanks Konnor." Not sure we see Viktor again until Konnor comes back.  Maybe some squash matches on Main Event or Superstars.

I wonder if Social Outcast will bring in a new member to replace Rose.  That's a big hole in WWE's hottest stable.

Hottest stable? I don't know about that.

You can say what you want about Social Outcasts and In my opinion, they are a joke, they are the new J.O.B. Squad really but... at the same time, they are doing their jobs out there. Are they over? Debatable but NO... are they awful? not really, Bo Dallas has shown tons of character. Slater, can't stand him but... he's got tons of charisma for sure... tons, oozes it, will probably never be more than a Jobber but... he has some skills there for sure.  Do i as a fan take them seriously? Nope, am i supposed to take them seriously? nope, they are a joke and  that's what they are being portrayed as, a joke group really, the new job squad like i said... Can say what you want but... they are all playing their roles and doing it well, will they win a ton of matches? Nope, will they put a ton of guys over? for sure and you need guys like that... you need guys to put over new talent and these guys are doing that. Maybe Tyler Breeze joins the Social Outcasts or maybe Viktor does, who knows. Who cares really, but... they are a group that basically knows their role and doesn't seem to really ***** to much about it. 

Edited by Goalie

Its most;y how they're booked.  Labelled as jobbers so really hard to ever be more than that.  But they get a bit of TV time so they can work house shows where they are more effective.

Breeze is really good.

Regarding Slater, he was Bret Hart's hand picked guy to work with when he came back.  He was so concerned about getting hurt, that Slater was the only guy he wanted to mix it up with with.  Slater also had all those matches with the old legends.  So he's definitely trusted.  

I'm waiting for the #1 job squad match between the social outcast vs Golddust/R-truth/Ryder/Fandango would be an easy gimmick with everyone taking themselves seriously thinking they are better then the other.  probably get a few "no contest" results, like double count outs, wrestlers failing at rising to the refs count..ect just pure ineptness and it would probably make for an entertaining couple matches then get squashed tho... maybe guest spots for the original job squad and other crap like the spirit squad.  maybe we see something closer to survivor series

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

The Social Outcasts, what can you say? Any group that has Bo Dallas in it will never be over. I can take Slater & even Curt Axel but man, Bo Dallas? What a joke. Adam Rose is gone... That's the problem with the WWE. They just make up these groups with no storylines, rhyme or reason... It's no wonder that fans act the way they do as it's all bullshit.

Edited by iso_55

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Don't forget Bo Dallas was one of the longest reigning NXT champions ever. Lol

From his whiny voice to his outdated Tim Tebow routine. One of the longest reigning? Well, obviously NXT was pretty shitty when he was champ. ;)

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I'm not sure if he had the same gimmick but I bo-Lieve he did. 

TUP, do you not agree that his character is lame & worn out? Plus the dude is porking out. The way he's going he'll be even fatter than his brother.

Edited by iso_55

5 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Theres always a place for the over the top lame guys. Bob backlund is a name that comes to mind

Well Bob Backlund had a pedigree as a long time World Champion though.  He was a lousy worker though.

But I agree, there is a place for acts like the Social Outcasts.  Again, it might not make for compelling TV, but its serving a purpose on the house shows.  And they are decent enough workers, they are basically shining up other guys on their way up.  Slater seems to have a niche.  The 3 Man Band was the same thing.

So the new hot rumor in TNA land is that the investors/impending buyers are the Harris Twins.  They run a production company that was (or is, I cant recall) the production company for TNA.  They are also some variant of white supremacists/Nazi's.  Which should go over really well with the head of their network POP who is, I believe Jewish.

Couple of things.  I was only half right on the RAW spoiler.  Turns out that

Spoiler

AJ and the Bullet Club did reunite but AJ wasnt in on the attack on Roman.  Or at least its not clear yet.  Lets predict that at the PPV, Bullet Club attacks again, AJ saves Roman and gets beat up too.  Maybe a Balor/Bullet Club vs AJ/Roman type of deal.

In regards to TNA, it had previously been reported (and I mentioned it here) that a potential investor had loaned them money to be able to make the last set up TV tapings.  Well it turns out there was a condition attached to that loan which required TNA to make a payment on said loan either today or tomorrow and if the payment wasnt made, majority interest of TNA would default to the Investors who are a company that the Harris Bros are involved with.

Dixie's plan was to take the loan while searching for another investor that would let he keep 51% interests, pay back the Harris' and keep running TNA.  if Dixie cant make the payment, the Harris' will end up in control of TNA, probably tomorrow.  But lets say, for fun, it all comes to a head on Wednesday.  The neo-Nazi Harris could actually gain control of TNA due to a defaulted loan payment on Hitler's birthday.  Yowza. 

You cant make up craziness like that.

Ill speculate that if the Harris' gain control that you could see Jeff Jarrett back in (he originally hired the Harris in TNA years ago) and possibly Russo, although last I heard Jarrett and Russo were not buddies anymore.  So realistically you could get a really dumbed down version of the WWE/WCW iNvasion with Jarrett in the Shane McMahon role and Global Force Wrestling invading TNA...except the invaders would win and TNA would be branded over as GFW (assuming the new owners haveat least half a brain between the two of the, which is debatable since they are neo-nazi's, and realise TNA as a brand is worthless and poisoned.