Wrestling

Rich

Tommaso Ciampa is having neck surgery and is out, potentially over a year.  He will not be working Takeover (they hoped he could work through it), so will vacate the NXT title.

Really really bad news for a terrific worker who could have made something on the main roster.  I sort of fear what it will mean for Gargano too...  At least they have a built in issue when Ciampa returns, maybe next year's WM.

On 2019-03-05 at 8:10 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

It certainly wasnt boring.  But the key angles were a booking mess.  And the sudden breaking of the fourth wall is WCW-level.

The Shield stuff was good though because they crammed weeks worth of booking into one show since they're running out of time to convince Ambrose to stay.  So that was good, though I think I'd have had him win his match to support the reunion.  But what can ya do.

Think Reigns can convince him to stay? It's all about money & how he's booked, right?

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Think Reigns can convince him to stay? It's all about money & how he's booked, right?

Anything is possible but I doubt it.  Unless Roman can convince Ambrose that WWE really really means it this time.  If Im unhappy with creative over five years and at contract time they promise to make it better, by answer would be "why now, why not three years ago?"

So I think Ambrose probably leaves and apparently that is still the plan as of this week.  Which would explain why he lost to Elias when he should have won to heat him up for the Shield reunion.

Ambrose hates the corny creative, prefers more realism.  I dont think its money as he was offered over a million per year to stay.  I think he probably wants more freedom and if he can make close to the same money, why not?

he wont be able to use the name though.  Previously he worked as Jon Moxley and his real name is Jon Good.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

20 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

As expected Jim Ross announced he is leaving wwe at the end of March. He said he doesn’t expect to be out work long and he’s been connected to AEW since before there was an AEW. 

I had no idea he was even with WWE still. He & Vince have had a hot & cold relationship over the years. I miss Jerry Lawler beside Michael Cole on Raw.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I had no idea he was even with WWE still. He & Vince have had a hot & cold relationship over the years. I miss Jerry Lawler beside Michael Cole on Raw.

He re-signed two years ago when he returned to call the undertaker match at WM.   I think wwe wanted to keep him from doing too many other things but he was allowed to keep doing some outside projects. 

The first rumour of All Elite was that Jericho and Jim Ross has met with a billionaire about starting up. So that’s probably a good bet. Either as office guy or announcer.  His best announcing days are long behind him though. 

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Jeff Jarrett has been added to the WWE creative team.  Dana Warrior is training with the idea of joining the creative team as well.

Why in the hell would Dana Warrior be involved in anything wresting or creative?

10 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Why in the hell would Dana Warrior be involved in anything wresting or creative?

It sounds like a scenario similar to giving Eddie Guerrero's wife a job when he died - Vince seems sympathetic to the wife of one of his stars being a single parent of young children so he provides them with work.  Reportedly, Dana requested a spot in creative.  It sounds absurd but who knows, maybe she's creative.  Right now, its sort of like an intern role but she's being paid and learning the job to see if it fits.  

Speaking of, Bruce Prichard's title is Executive Vice President...so thats pretty significant.  But its being described as below that of the lead writers (Road Dogg, Hayes, Koskie, etc).  I think only Hunter and Dunn are EVP's.  

25 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Stevie’s Ray is lucky to have a brother like Booker T

Harlem Heat was good but HOF good? 

I mean, Vince Sr didn't get in until 1993. Vince Jr is cold as ice. 

At least the Fabulous Freebirds and Rock'n'Roll Express are in. 

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

Harlem Heat was good but HOF good? 

I mean, Vince Sr didn't get in until 1993. Vince Jr is cold as ice. 

At least the Fabulous Freebirds and Rock'n'Roll Express are in. 

It’s weird because Booker is already in. So it’s...well we can guess as to why (diversity!)

makes Booker a 2x HOF’er.