Wrestling

Rich

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Its funny because occasionally even I experience guys not wanting to lay down or whatever.  And to me, if I was a worker and asked to lay down or work with someone who, realistically, shouldn't have a sniff of beating me, I'd do it...and make it magnificent.  Ive seen guys going over put in half assed performance.  But when you get tapped to do a job or a weird spot and you make it amazing, it does not go unnoticed.

If Drake worked Tessa and make it awesome, everyone would know and he'd have been more over.  Especially today.  Years ago, sure maybe if you lose, it hurts you.  Fans today, they respect the art and athleticism more than the outcome.

Next time just remind them that you convinced the #1 wrestler in the world to lay down for a 50 year old commentator in front of 20 people 😉

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Fans today, they respect the art and athleticism more than the outcome.

This is a big reason I'm a fan of Johnny Impact / Mundo / Defy / Morrison.  He always makes his opponents look awesome.  I bet any random MBB poster could have a great-looking match against him.

He got beat by Randy Myers at Defy, which is a ridiculous outcome based on wrestling talent, but it was still a great match.  Morrison played straight man (literally) to Myers' weirdo hero shenanigans and got distracted into a surprise pin.  Totally popped the Defy crowd where Myers is kind of a fave.

Edited by johnzo

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Who does AEW have on tap for doing commentary?  

Josh Barnett maybe?

I think similar team as All In. Excalibur...Alex marvez I believe. Maybe JR. 

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

JR is past his best b4 date in terms of commentary. Not good last time i heard him. 

Yeah he really struggled.  But he’s so associated with the last big boom period....I’d put him on commentary but not as the play by play. Leave that to someone else. Let JR call the drama. 

But hugely experienced in the office. 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

But hugely experienced in the office. 

I think this is the major plus of him signing.  From what I've read and watched he seemed to be very well respected and isn't a stooge or a dink like Bruce Pritchard or Jim Cornette.   A veteran who can put aside his ego and really help them out.  

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Thats the chatter.  WWE apparently upped their offer significantly but he's still planning to leave.    Anderson & Gallows are up this year as well.  Sin Cara & Dustin Rhodes too.  Dustin denied he had left WWE but Cody teased him on an episode of BTE.  Id assume he'd end up in AEW.  At least he can use the Rhodes name.

Too bad for WWE fans but the way he was used made little sense. 

I'm going to assume they will skip over the parts with Roddy Piper where he was molested/raped by Pat Patterson .....    I also will assume they will keep going with the story of Shawn Micheals being attacked by a group of thug marines rather then a pilled up drunk Shawn Micheals picking a fight and getting lit up by only one person. 

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'm going to assume they will skip over the parts with Roddy Piper where he was molested/raped by Pat Patterson .....    I also will assume they will keep going with the story of Shawn Micheals being attacked by a group of thug marines rather then a pilled up drunk Shawn Micheals picking a fight and getting lit up by only one person. 

I would assume so too since both those remarks are inaccurate.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I would assume so too since both those remarks are inaccurate.

Piper alluded to it before his death...  no way to finding out if it's 100% true or not.  

The Shawn Micheals thing was verified that he got his ass kicked by one guy for mouthing off and being f'd on pills and booze.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I know Patterson is gay & I've read stories about him & the **** he did in the locker room. I never heard the story about Michaels. I'll say this. True or not, you may think you're tough but there's always someone tougher. 

Tonnes of allegations of Patterson doing inappropriate things back in the day and taking advantage of lots of wrestlers.  Zero concrete proof but it's well known that he would have his "men" such as Steve Lombardi who had to do *things* to and for him.   

Shawn Micheals story has a lot of people who verified that British Bulldog was held back,  X-Pac apparently ran for his life and hid and the heart break kid got what was coming to him since Nash wasn't there to protect him.   It was well known that HBK would shoot his mouth off and then run behind his friends for them to protect him.   I think Duke Droese in his shoot goes into details about it.  

15 hours ago, Brandon said:

Piper alluded to it before his death...  no way to finding out if it's 100% true or not.  

The Shawn Micheals thing was verified that he got his ass kicked by one guy for mouthing off and being f'd on pills and booze.

Piper alluded to it some time ago and then worked with Pat later.  Michaels was not beat up by as many guys as WWE put out, but it was more than one.  Davey Boy had physical evidence of the fight too (his face was banged up).  I mean sure, one guy threw the punch but there was a group of guys involved.  

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

Tonnes of allegations of Patterson doing inappropriate things back in the day and taking advantage of lots of wrestlers.  Zero concrete proof but it's well known that he would have his "men" such as Steve Lombardi who had to do *things* to and for him.   

Shawn Micheals story has a lot of people who verified that British Bulldog was held back,  X-Pac apparently ran for his life and hid and the heart break kid got what was coming to him since Nash wasn't there to protect him.   It was well known that HBK would shoot his mouth off and then run behind his friends for them to protect him.   I think Duke Droese in his shoot goes into details about it.  

X-pac is legit tough.  Ive never heard he ran and would be shocked if true.  Very unlikely.  Pat left WWE during the sex scandals and returned when nothing ever stuck to him.  In a locker room environment where everyone was pilled up and screwing everyone else, I think being gay in the 80's might have worked against him.  

I know its cool to over-trust the worst stories in wrestling but....most of them are likely not accurate.  I guess Vince grabbed Nailz's junk too...lol