Wrestling

Rich

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Rumors are its a shoot but turning it in to a work. Hard to say. 

No work.  100% shoot.   Its an amazing story though and I love talking about it like it was a work.  In 2002, my then-partner and I considered writing a book called The Montreal Hoax.  And even though we knew it was a shoot, we'd write a book claiming it was a work.   Because it really is fascinating.

The only work aspect is that Vince became a heel character but as I recall it wasnt because of Montreal.  It was at the urging of Vince Russo later.  Vince played the classic Mr McMahon style heel character years earlier on USWA TV doing an angle with Jerry Lawler.  There are clips on youtube.

5 minutes ago, Atomic said:

It's not sexual harassment in the slightest.  It's not a stretch to assume that many young women on a cruise will be wearing bikinis.  It's not sexual harassment to use sexuality to sell a product.  And it is certainly not "dictating what women should or shouldn't wear."

The responding tweet is pure stupidity.

Its what happens when someone immediately thinks its objectifying without actually thinking.  The big thing I was hearing from people about the cruise was that it would be all guys.  So Jericho is trying to clear that up and being funny.  I generally wear a swimsuit on the pool deck.   Its sort of factual.  Maybe he should tweet that there will also be a lot of wrestling T-Shirts and business casual restaurant attire

50 minutes ago, Atomic said:

It's not sexual harassment in the slightest.  It's not a stretch to assume that many young women on a cruise will be wearing bikinis.  It's not sexual harassment to use sexuality to sell a product.  And it is certainly not "dictating what women should or shouldn't wear."

The responding tweet is pure stupidity.

In america... It is considered a form of sexual harassment tho. Its stupid but... It is what it is. People have been outed for basically accidentally touching someones leg.. Its dumb tho. 

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

In america... It is considered a form of sexual harassment tho. Its stupid but... It is what it is. People have been outed for basically accidentally touching someones leg.. Its dumb tho. 

I disagree.  Even in America this is not sexual harassment.  Just a stupid response from a stupid person.

Poor James

After he was written off television last week, WWE announced that they've released James Ellsworth today.

Also, any of who had bought tickets or were interested in the local Winnipeg show with Santino, Ken Anderson, Eugene, Gangrel, the show (and Thunder Bay & Thompson shows) was cancelled last night.

Gotta say releasing James Ellsworth is way too long overdue.  Can't think of a worse all around character in recent memory. I know there's been some duds in the past but I gotta think some of the bookers in the back have like a running joke/bet they can get any loser over ... iirc he was in one of the  title picture initially when he came to SD, or was trying to have a feud with John Cena

50 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Gotta say releasing James Ellsworth is way too long overdue.  Can't think of a worse all around character in recent memory. I know there's been some duds in the past but I gotta think some of the bookers in the back have like a running joke/bet they can get any loser over ... iirc he was in one of the  title picture initially when he came to SD, or was trying to have a feud with John Cena

He did a program with AJ Styles.  He was booked as a comedy figure, not a serious contender.  Initially when they used him it was as an "extra" and he got the gig getting squashed by Stroman but his unique look made for good comedy.  Funny thing, he had a t shirt when he first appeared which was essentially a joke but I guess he's a nice guy so a bunch of the other guys wore his shirt and he sold a bunch.  Living the dream!

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Ellsworth served his purpose.  Good on him for accomplishing far more than anyone could have ever imagined.  But yeah it was time for him to go.

However if he doesn't make a surprise appearance some time in the future (Royal Rumble entrant?), I'll be pretty shocked.  I don't think we've seen the last of him.

Other than WWE having more guys than they know what to do with already for the Rumble, that's an excellent idea.  Perhaps he is a surprise in the first ever women's Royal Rumble...which would be pretty funny.

WWE performer David Otunga and longtime fiance Jennifer Hudson have split up and Hudson has filed a protective order against the former wrestler.

Hudson's publicists told People Magazine on Thursday that the two have been in the process of ending their relationship and she filed a protective order against him earlier in the day. The two had been a couple for nearly 10 years.

Tracy M. Rizzo, Otunga's attorney, countered to People, claiming Hudson is making up a story in order to gain custody of the couple's eight-year-old son, David Otunga Jr.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Triple H has always been accused of putting himself ahead of the younger talent.  This time, when it came to Jason Jordan, glad to see it. So did the fans with "Thank you Hunter" chants when he took JJ's spot on the Raw Survival Series team & pedigreed the kid.  Hopefully the push is over for him. 

Yeah the Jason Jordan push was weird.  Even in NXT he was the less popular member of American Alpha... everyone was always chanting for Gable.

Now I definitely don't think Gable deserves a push, he is far too ugly, but I don't get why Jordan ever got one.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Yeah the Jason Jordan push was weird.  Even in NXT he was the less popular member of American Alpha... everyone was always chanting for Gable.

Now I definitely don't think Gable deserves a push, he is far too ugly, but I don't get why Jordan ever got one.

Well, I don't know about ugliness but both guys need another 10 years of work to put in before they can even be considered top guys in WWE. Or in the business. They are talented but they're young. It took about 10 years for Sean Michaels to reach the pinnacle & he went through the AWA & then WWE in order to do it.  He was just another athletic pretty boy for a long time. Until the day he shocked wrestling fans by turning heel &  throwing his tag team partner Marty Jannetty through a mirror. By then, he had learned his craft & was ready to become "The Show Stopper" even though it still was a few years more until he won the World Heavyweight Championship belt.  Look how long it took Samoa Joe just to make it to the WWE or AJ Styles. They went out & made a name for themselves years before before they got to the WWE. No one gave them any push.  Gable isn't getting a huge push other than working with Shelton Benjamin but Jordan still has to earn the respect of their peers & the fans which hasn't happened. You'd think that WWE would have learned from the artificial push they gave Reigns after the negative fan reaction. He's being cheered again as a member of The Shield.

They thought Jordan needed the Angle rub more than Gable. Felt Gable had more charisma and would be okay on his own. Plus Jordan has more physical tools. 

But I don’t think they screwed up. I think it’s part of a larger angle. Jordan could be a great heel when he inevitably turns. That whining promo begging his dad to keep him in the match, no way was that meant to be a baby face promo.