Wrestling

Rich

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Sheamus is rehabbing spinal stenosis which ended the careers of Edge and Steve Austin (and I believe Sting as well).

Yep that's what Sting has too.  And still has because surgery would end his career and he wants to leave the door open for another match or two.  At least that's what I've read.

That's too bad about Sheamus.  I hope he is able to get better but the history of that particular injury in wrestling is not good.

From Mr Meltzer:

A lawsuit filed by Marcus "Buff" Bagwell and Scott "Raven" Levy against WWE attempting to open the door for wrestlers to get royalties for appearances on the WWE Network was dropped officially yesterday in an agreement between the lawyers for both sides.

WWE had filed a lawsuit against Levy claiming he had made false statements about a prior lawsuit, where Levy and several other former wrestlers had sued to attempt to get employee status for wrestlers claiming they were not independent contractors. In that case, it was
thrown out due to the statute of limitations from when the deals were in place to when the lawsuit was filed having expired. Levy, on a Chris Jericho podcast, had apparently said that Vince McMahon had paid off a judge.

The agreement was made between lawyers that both lawsuits were to be dropped. However, in the settlement agreement, WWE retained the rights to refile the lawsuit against Levy if he were to ever sue WWE again on any contractual matters.

After recent depositions by WWE of Bagwell and Levy, their lawyers opened up settlement talks regarding dropping of the case.

Could have had interesting ramifications for other workers who felt the Network should be treated like DVD's in paying royalties.  They dont pay royalties on Network airings.

5 hours ago, Atomic said:

I do think the guys should get royalties from the WWE Network.  It would be difficult to determine how much, but so be it... these are the guys who put their bodies on the line.  Find a way.

I agree and disagree.  I guess more accurately it would be residuals. But if guys gave up residuals for cash so be it. Which ofcourse is not entirely fair since no worker outside of a very few top stats could refuse to go to WWE if they don’t get a residual forever. 

WWE probably could come up with a formula that paid residuals if they really wanted to. So on that I agree. 

I dunno how i feel about the network and royalties. I guess... My thought would be are people buying the network to see bagwell and Raven? Probably not. With that said... ECW Raven was cool and cutting edge.. Bagwell tho? Yeah not sure anyone cares about him. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I remember Zenk really well. Wasn't a great wrestler by any means but wasn't he a bodybuilder before he became a wrestler?

Yes. Another in a long line of Minnesota boys. Brief bio at the link. 

He was talented. Athletic. I think he had some attitude issues or he jumped ship at wrong times or something.  Meltzer will have a better bio later in the week probably

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He felt he should have been paid more so he quit WWE. Story said he was always bitter for not being pushed more & being paid what he felt he was worth. 

He might have made the wrong choice. Hindsight being 20/20, Strike Force had a run with the strap and a good push. Can-am Connection likely had that spot   But was fine in wcw. 

If I recall he was squashed by Rick Rude for Rude’s Wcw debut as the Halloween Phantom.  

Clash of Champions was okay. 

AJ vs Jinder was good and so was the fatal 4-way tag.  I'm a little surprised that Ziggler came away with the US title.

Can't wait for the Bludgeon Bros to be in the tag title picture.  I really like where the Usos have gone lately but I'm down for a dominant tag team like Harper and Rowan.

Women's match was awful and I have no idea what's going on with Daniel Bryan/Shane and all the participants in that match.  Seems funny to me to have midcard guys like Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler, and Jinder Mahal in title matches while superstars like Randy Orton, Nakamura, KO, and Sami Zayn are in this pointless feud but whatever.