Wrestling

Rich

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Jordan reminds me a lot of Sheldon Benjamin when he first came about.  I don't think he'd make a good heel either as he always has that dopey grin that just kills whatever attitude he's trying to portray

Wouldn't be surprised if it's Hunter behind Jordan's push. He wants to take care of his boys from NXT. 

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

It’s not really a push. They don’t like the angle because it’s not believable.   Wait til the whole story is told though. He could get over. 

Fans hated rocky way more. He turned out ok 

Rock had charisma. Jordan doesn't.  As a fan, I don't like the push. Watch this angle (pardon the pun) stop dead if Kurt leaves.

15 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Rock had charisma. Jordan doesn't.  As a fan, I don't like the push. Watch this angle (pardon the pun) stop dead if Kurt leaves.

Where is Kurt going?  And fans rejecting rock despite his charisma sort of plays to my point. Fans aren’t always right.   Jordan is super talented. 

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Where is Kurt going?  And fans rejecting rock despite his charisma sort of plays to my point. Fans aren’t always right.   Jordan is super talented. 

Super talented but not ready. Maybe in a few years. If they hadn't done this angle & let him develop but nope, decided he needed a push. Fans hate him now because he has been given a shortcut & hasn't earned their respect like Daniel Bryan did as a top carder. 

32 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Any thoughts on Survivor Series? I only saw about half but the matches but Bliss & Flair was booked badly. Totally unbelievable from the start to the finish the way they had Alexa dominating Charlotte. 

I had to FF through a bunch of it as I watched it really late.  Shield vs New day was really good.  Miz vs Corbin looked ok (I like Miz though).  Charlotte & Bliss was given time to be an epic but they seemed a bit off.  The womens elimination was pretty good.  I thought Paige might return there. 

Brock vs AJ is worth going out of your way to see.  TREMENDOUS.  Both guys better off after the match.

Mens elimination started great but went flat fast.  Apparently Hunter got hurt but I think it went flat because the point was all about Hunter and Stroman instead of elevating the "newer" (I wont say young cause they arent) guys.  Cena was an afterthought and appeared to be going through the motions.  I actually liked Orton here (and I usually dont). 

If they are still building to Hunter vs Angle for WM they better have something good in mind because I think both guys got really cooled off here.  Angle looked good, but moved pretty slow (Understandable and doesnt bother me).  Hunter too, looked old.  The finish of Shane being the last guy....I like Shane and I thought that was hamfisted.  And ofcourse its ALL ABOUT THE GAME.  meh

I was more interested in jason Jordan due to his pre-match promo than I was in seeing Hunter on top in 2017.

Hunter did look surprisingly slow. Angle, you'd expect that with his back & neck issues. The ending did suck.  So, does the Authority come back & go after Strowman who is now a full blown face? My least favourite match was the Bliss-Flair match. I thought it was awful. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Hunter did look surprisingly slow. Angle, you'd expect that with his back & neck issues. The ending did suck.  So, does the Authority come back & go after Strowman who is now a full blown face? My least favourite match was the Bliss-Flair match. I thought it was awful. 

Its pretty odd.  The simple answer is that Hunter wanted to beat Shane himself.  Or he will say it was obvious Angle couldn't get the job done so he (Hunter) had to.  The WrestleMania idea was Hunter vs Kurt so I assume thats still the plan.  Hunter vs Strowman might have been done just for the visual of Strowman "up" to end the show.  I cant see the benefit to doing that as a match.  I guess it would "sell" well but big matches dont sell Network subs anyway and you cant have Strowman lose to Hunter.

The one worked shoot feud they could do but wont for some reason is Hunter vs Shane.  I kind of wonder if Hunter was meant to come back at this time.  The fact he did some South America and UK shows would indicate he was because thats what you'd do to get your ring rust off but those matches were necessitated by the illness spreading through the roster.  He didnt look in his usual Wrestlemania shape.    So who knows.  i'd expect him on RAW tonight and then probably gone until RR build up.

10 hours ago, Atomic said:

AJ vs Brock was an excellent match.

As for tonight....

Paige returns and brings Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose with her :wub::wub::wub:

Vince Russo was whining about how many women they now have on the main roster.  I would suspect its because they want to do a Women's Royal Rumble. But it is a lot.  Especially since WrestleMania is likely a Four Horsewomen (Charlotte, Sasha, Bayley, Becky) vs Four Horsewomen (Rousey's group). 

32 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Vince Russo was whining about how many women they now have on the main roster.  I would suspect its because they want to do a Women's Royal Rumble. But it is a lot.  Especially since WrestleMania is likely a Four Horsewomen (Charlotte, Sasha, Bayley, Becky) vs Four Horsewomen (Rousey's group). 

It does seem like overkill to bring 3 more onto the roster on RAW.  But whatever.  It looks like Mandy and Sonya will just be Paige's lackeys for now.

Reigns wins the IC title over the Miz... hmm... not sure how I feel about that.  Roman was just starting to win the fans over again and then they give him the IC title on his first try without any feud whatsoever?  This is the kind of thing that makes fans hate him.  Pretty good match though, Miz was a little more aggressive than usual.

Do you think there will be a RAW pay per view between now and Royal Rumble?  Seems like a long time to wait and a lot of episodes of RAW filler.  Clash of Champions is a Smackdown event in December.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Lesnar match at RR or no?  Who gets the opportunity?

It was supposed to be Balor but Im not sure thats the plan anymore.  They likely see balor as not over enough or big enough.  They'll want someone impressive so Brock looks as good as possible for the latest Roman coronation at WM (when he beats Brock).

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

It was supposed to be Balor but Im not sure thats the plan anymore.  They likely see balor as not over enough or big enough.  They'll want someone impressive so Brock looks as good as possible for the latest Roman coronation at WM (when he beats Brock).

I pretty much agree.  They've already fed Strowman and Joe to Lesnar so I'm not sure where else they can really go.  Styles is obviously the best choice but he is the champ on Smackdown so that doesn't work.

Build up a Bray Wyatt-Lesnar feud to kill some time???

I pretty much agree.  They've already fed Strowman and Joe to Lesnar so I'm not sure where else they can really go.  Styles is obviously the best choice but he is the champ on Smackdown so that doesn't work.

Build up a Bray Wyatt-Lesnar feud to kill some time???

You never know but I dont think Bray is that good.  Maybe a multi man match.  Joe over Balor last night was interesting.  Perhaps they are going to go back to Joe/Brock.  If they use someone who isnt that over (since the draw of the PPV is the actual Rumble match), a crazy idea would be Brock vs Jordan.  Jordan is a good worker, super athletic and a "real" athlete.  if they did a good story and had him start beating guys asap, he could be a fun story.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

You never know but I dont think Bray is that good.  Maybe a multi man match.  Joe over Balor last night was interesting.  Perhaps they are going to go back to Joe/Brock.  If they use someone who isnt that over (since the draw of the PPV is the actual Rumble match), a crazy idea would be Brock vs Jordan.  Jordan is a good worker, super athletic and a "real" athlete.  if they did a good story and had him start beating guys asap, he could be a fun story.

I don't think Bray would be great either, but he is "free" at the moment.  Brock vs Jordan is an interesting prospect but yikes... he really does have to win some matches before then.

Joe/Balor is a possibility.  They can't stretch that feud out until the Rumble... no way.

Outside chance..... KO/Sami Zayn walk out of Smackdown and head back to RAW?  KO challenge for the title?  I think that would be the best option.

I don't think Bray would be great either, but he is "free" at the moment.  Brock vs Jordan is an interesting prospect but yikes... he really does have to win some matches before then.

Joe/Balor is a possibility.  They can't stretch that feud out until the Rumble... no way.

Outside chance..... KO/Sami Zayn walk out of Smackdown and head back to RAW?  KO challenge for the title?  I think that would be the best option.

Yeah they could do a brand swap.  Nak could work as well although I doubt Vince sees him as a reasonable contender but he used to do MMA.  I think Nak's contract is up in early 2018 also so that could work.  Or Cena, the Free Agent, but they'd normally want him to remain hot for WrestleMania rather then lose clean to Brock in January.

Problem with WWE is we're not talking about multiple *great* options.  We're rattling off barely decent options because no one is really over or a star.  And at SS, they put the onus on Hunter, Angle and Shane, three guys who wont be working Brock Lesnar.  Although I suppose Angle vs Brock would be...something.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

3 more NXT women showed up on Smackdown last night.  I think the women's royal rumble is basically a lock at this point.

Lots of insiders dont think so. I think the reason for the call ups is simple. Instead of using the same 4 women every Raw and Smackdown.. They can use more. Ive heard rumors of the all woman royal rumble but apparently its not true.. Ive also heard rumors of a all womans tv show or ppv tho.