Wrestling

Rich

On 16/09/2017 at 12:24 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

It's really a dumb angle. Like a single wrestler challenges all the McMahons? Disjointed from reality as in real life they could destroy Owen's wrestling career. Why even go there? Fans know the story with the McMahons. 

to set up a deeper angle of Steph being the brains behind it all in an attempt to get rid of vince and have reasonable ground to dismiss shane (such as attacking an employee). Again when she came down the ring I for sure thought there was a slap coming but she just looked at him and walked on by. Something smells in Connecticut and it ain't what the rock is cooking. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Rest In Peace Bobby Heenan. He had been sick a long, long time with cancer.  I think his passing will come as a relief to his family. 

Damn that's too bad. He was up there among the best heel managers in the 80's and 90's. Bobby "The Brain" Heenan was a staple of the times when I was first being introduced to WWF. I mostly remember his time as manager of Mr. Perfect and a little bit with Andre The Giant but dude had a pretty long and impressive resume. RIP

51 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Damn that's too bad. He was up there among the best heel managers in the 80's and 90's. Bobby "The Brain" Heenan was a staple of the times when I was first being introduced to WWF. I mostly remember his time as manager of Mr. Perfect and a little bit with Andre The Giant but dude had a pretty long and impressive resume. RIP

I go back to the AWA when he was the manager of Nick Bockwinkel. Bockwinkel was feuding with Verne Gagne for years. He always had something bad to say about Winnipeg which always fired up the crowds at the old Arena. He also managed Bockwinkel before he was AWA champ in the late 70's & early 80's when he teamed with Ray "The Crippler" Stevens when they were AWA Tag Team Champs in the mid 70's as well as managing Black Jack Lanza as well. 

He seemed so fragile and sick the last few years,   I think he even came to Winnipeg not to long ago?  

Listening to his shoot interviews before the cancer really hit him was pretty good.   The guy definitely was all about the money and the business and had some really good stories.    He made it seem so effortless whenever he would mock someone.   

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

He seemed so fragile and sick the last few years,   I think he even came to Winnipeg not to long ago?  

Listening to his shoot interviews before the cancer really hit him was pretty good.   The guy definitely was all about the money and the business and had some really good stories.    He made it seem so effortless whenever he would mock someone.   

He was doing appearances very recently, including Winnipeg, which is insane.  But shows his love of meeting the boys and fans.

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

he was known as "the brain" for a reason. one of the best mic guys in the business.  he will be missed, RIP Heenan.

1 minute ago, SPuDS said:

he was known as "the brain" for a reason. one of the best mic guys in the business.  he will be missed, RIP Heenan.

Very very good at what he did, in every respect. 

He actually got the name Brain because when he went to the AWA, Larry Hennig was already using Heenan's original nick name, Pretty Boy.

One thing I always remembered was his advice on how to be a great manager: "Manage like a wrestler and wrestle like a manager"

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Very very good at what he did, in every respect. 

He actually got the name Brain because when he went to the AWA, Larry Hennig was already using Heenan's original nick name, Pretty Boy.

One thing I always remembered was his advice on how to be a great manager: "Manage like a wrestler and wrestle like a manager"

yup he was one of the best in the business.. everything he did was so on point from announcing to managing and all the stuff inbetween.. Dunno if there will be another talent like him in the biz.

TNA has announced their Bound For Glory PPV will take place Nov 5th in OTTAWA!  Some hilarity about this because the rumor was Canada with most feeling it would be Toronto since that is their parent company HQ.  But as recently as last week, everyone in TNA thought the show was still going to take place in Orlando.  There are no venues available in TO on this short notice.

I cant see them drawing well in Ottawa.  But this might be a precursor to moving the whole operation to Canada (which I suggested as a possibility when Anthem bought them).  I believe their TV tapings that week are also in Ottawa so for the rest of the year, their TV will come from Canada.

This also means Jim Cornette is done with TNA.  He doesn't go to Canada because he was severely hassled by customs in 2010 over previous assault charges.  Keep in mind he regularly toured Canada before that when he was with WWE.  Which also raises the question of work permits for TNA's talent....

It also looks like they might be going through a name change.  They have dropped all references to "GFW" and are just using "IMPACT" as the name.  Recall that they JUST finished re-branding from TNA to GFW.  When Jarrett was fired it was revealed that the deal to acquire GFW was not completed, begging the question of how stupid one must be to re-brand when you dont own the brand.  They also JUST debuted brand new belts with the GFW logo. 

This is a good time to remind you that Anthem (their parent company) spelled backwards is 'meh TNA'

A friend of mine who is a wrestling fan remembered one of his AWA interviews when he managed Bockwinkel  & he was AWA champ. He sent me a message this morning.  In a tv taping promoting an upcoming card at the Winnipeg Arena, Bockwinkel was asked a question by AWA announcer Marty O'Neill. Before he could answer, Heenan interjected & said, "Talk slow, Nick, these are Winnipeggers you're speaking to." Classic. I remember my Mother(a big wrestling fan) used to get so worked up over Heenan taking pot shot at Winnipeg. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

http://people.com/sports/ric-flair-alcoholism-health-crisis/

Interview with Ric Flair.  Coles notes version is that he had a 20% chance of surviving was in Kidney failure and verge of heart failure and it was due to years of drinking. 

Flair broke his back in a plane crash and was struck by lightening.  Never took pain pills.  Self medicated with booze.  Admits he's an alcoholic.

Had part of his bowel removed and a pacemaker installed. 

“I’ll never drink again,” says Flair. “I never want to go through this again.”

According to his wife, Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan were two of her biggest sources of support during the ordeal, which is nice to hear.

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What do you make of Enzo? Is this storyline actually going anywhere other than making him look like a ****?  Like WTF??

I think they think he's very good at generating heat while at the same time, they are using his real life backstage issues.  Its sort of weird because while its a punishment to say he's a jerk, he's getting a push for it.  Its about drawing eyeballs to 205live which under-performs on the Network.

27 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That's 27 years of one woman per day.

But, he is 68 years old.  Let's assume he lost his virginity relatively early, like 14.  So that gives him 54 years.  That works out to one woman every 2 days.  I'm sure there were days with multiple women, however.

That's pretty incredible.  I bet his numbers are off though.  I guess at some point you lose track.  I'm not even in the triple digits and I don't know the exact number.

Just now, Atomic said:

That's 27 years of one woman per day.

But, he is 68 years old.  Let's assume he lost his virginity relatively early, like 14.  So that gives him 54 years.  That works out to one woman every 2 days.  I'm sure there were days with multiple women, however.

That's pretty incredible.  I bet his numbers are off though.  I guess at some point you lose track.  I'm not even in the triple digits and I don't know the exact number.

Yes, I doubt he can be saying that with any kind of accuracy.  I'd take it as "LOTS AND LOTS" lol

He used to travel a ton and wrestle in a different city almost every night.  So its certainly conceivable he had a woman in every port (probably more than one).

30 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I always find it funny when athletes or movie stars claim to reach the 10 000 total. 

He would of literally had to sleep with a different lady every night for 30 + years.    While I don't doubt that he's hooked up with a tonne of ring rats...   I can't imagine that he had the time to find a new lady every night. 

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

I always find it funny when athletes or movie stars claim to reach the 10 000 total. 

He would of literally had to sleep with a different lady every night for 30 + years.    While I don't doubt that he's hooked up with a tonne of ring rats...   I can't imagine that he had the time to find a new lady every night. 

They would have found him.  Back in his travelling days.  Not hard at all to think he had a different woman every night when he was in a different town.

I'm sure in his prime he had a tonne of women,  I've heard more then enough wrestling shoots about Ric having several women hanging off of him everywhere he went.   I just find it hard that a 60 year old Flair is doing the same.... 

It reminds me of the Wilt Chamberlein claim of 20 000 women in  a 15 year span ....    you would have to spend all of your free time finding and bedding ladies.  

10 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'm sure in his prime he had a tonne of women,  I've heard more then enough wrestling shoots about Ric having several women hanging off of him everywhere he went.   I just find it hard that a 60 year old Flair is doing the same.... 

It reminds me of the Wilt Chamberlein claim of 20 000 women in  a 15 year span ....    you would have to spend all of your free time finding and bedding ladies.  

The numbers are surely wrong.  Its like saying I had a hundred beers at the Bombers game (it only felt like it the next day). 

Flair was "stylin & profilin" til very recently.  He had a very young, very hot wife not that long ago (she appeared on RAW for his retirement).  His current fiance played Fifi The Maid in WCW back in...oh, 94-ish I believe.