Wrestling

Rich

14 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Saxton and Otunga are both awful!  I like Mauro and Graves though.

Most notable omission for me was Bayley but rumor is she is Sasha's partner at Battleground and will be joining one of the shows. 

They should call Bayley up sooner rather than later.  He cutesy girl gimmick has a shelf life.  But they need more women in NXT to carry that show.

I was disappointed they didnt call up Nak and Joe.  Weird.  Nak should be up soon though.  Joe, I assume Vince sees him as no value at his age and look so he anchors the NXT touring brand. 

On 7/18/2016 at 6:53 PM, iso_55 said:

Scott Hall killed a guy in a fight outside a bar in Florida before he became a wrestler. Hulk Hogan is a racist according to the PC crowd these days & slept with a guy's wife even though he was set up. There's all kinds of examples of wrestlers who have been honoured but are dirt bags outside the ring. But hey, it's all about selling tickets.

You're comparing Hogan sleeping with another consenting adult with full endorsement of her husband to beating up women?

Do you know the details surrounding the Hall incident?  You dont seem to. 

Again, are you comparing words (Hogan's) to beating up women?

Your point that many "heroes" have character issues is relevant but your examples are not.

I do know what happened to Hall. You think Hull's a bad guy (you seem to think a lot of public figures are bad people) but being a wrestling promoter you would have employed bad guys & put $$ in their pockets hiring them for your shows so what Brandon said to you is relevant.

Edited by iso_55

25 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

I do know what happened to Hall. You think Hull's a bad guy (you seem to think a lot of public figures are bad people) but being a wrestling promoter you would have employed bad guys & put $$ in their pockets hiring them for your shows so what Brandon said to you is relevant.

I love the cheap digs when you guys have nothing to say.  I invited Brandon to take wrestling discussion to the wrestling thread.  You can too.  If you're not a wrestling fan, thats cool. 

Firstly, you dont know the Hall indicent or you wouldnt use it as some sort of comparison to domestic violence. 

Secondly, you failed to address my other points. 

Thirdly, I dont think "public figures" are bad people.  i DO think beating up women is wrong.  Do you? 

Fourthly, some people have trouble with reading comprehension.  I didnt say Hull should *not* be honoured.  I said I personally wouldnt do it.  But I contributed to a discussion about the pros and cons of doing it.

By the way, since you know so much about me, which wrestlers have I employed, which ones are "bad", what did they do, how is that relevant to this discussion and if you feel that wrestlers can be bad, why do you feel Hull deserves a pass for beating up his wives?

33 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

What happened to Lawler?

They announced new commentary teams for both shows and he is not included in either.  Not released though.

Some speculate its related to his arrest recently for domestic violence (charges were dropped).  I think its more likely a youth movement scenario by WWE but they are sheepish about domestic violence right now (for example, they likely wouldnt honor Bobby Hull lol).  They pulled their offer to Moose over his old domestic violence charges

47 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I love the cheap digs when you guys have nothing to say.  I invited Brandon to take wrestling discussion to the wrestling thread.  You can too.  If you're not a wrestling fan, thats cool. 

Firstly, you dont know the Hall indicent or you wouldnt use it as some sort of comparison to domestic violence. 

Secondly, you failed to address my other points. 

Thirdly, I dont think "public figures" are bad people.  i DO think beating up women is wrong.  Do you? 

Fourthly, some people have trouble with reading comprehension.  I didnt say Hull should *not* be honoured.  I said I personally wouldnt do it.  But I contributed to a discussion about the pros and cons of doing it.

By the way, since you know so much about me, which wrestlers have I employed, which ones are "bad", what did they do, how is that relevant to this discussion and if you feel that wrestlers can be bad, why do you feel Hull deserves a pass for beating up his wives?

I won't give you the satisfaction to explain what happened to Hall outside a bar in Florida when he was young before he became a wrestler. LOL, so as a promoter every wrestler you paid was a pillar of society? Sure.....

45 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

I won't give you the satisfaction to explain what happened to Hall outside a bar in Florida when he was young before he became a wrestler. LOL, so as a promoter every wrestler you paid was a pillar of society? Sure.....

Why would I be satisfied? I'm saying you can't possibly understand it if you think it compares to bartering women. 

Explain the relevancy of whether wrestlers I brought in were "pillars of society"?  And what standard are you using to determine what amounts to a "pillar"

applogies to everyone else. But you made baseless assertions with no facts to back it up. Which wrestlers did I bring in that are comparable to someone repeatedly battering their wives?  I can tell you many character issues with guys I brought in but you threw it at me so you explain. Or admit you had no basis for the statement... Fair is fair. It's completely off topic from the discussion  

Edited by The Unknown Poster

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Why would I be satisfied? I'm saying you can't possibly understand it if you think it compares to bartering women. 

Explain the relevancy of whether wrestlers I brought in were "pillars of society"?  And what standard are you using to determine what amounts to a "pillar"

applogies to everyone else. But you made baseless assertions with no facts to back it up. Which wrestlers did I bring in that are comparable to someone repeatedly battering their wives?  I can tell you many character issues with guys I brought in but you threw it at me so you explain. Or admit you had no basis for the statement... Fair is fair. It's completely off topic from the discussion  

You know that there are wrestlers that have problems. You know it. Just like everyone else in society pro athletes & wrestlers have their problems. They make mistakes. You want to criticize Hull saying you'd never induct him because he supposedly beats up women well expect a pushback. Has he ever been charged? Ever spent any time in jail?

Edited by iso_55

12 hours ago, iso_55 said:

You know that there are wrestlers that have problems. You know it. Just like everyone else in society pro athletes & wrestlers have their problems. They make mistakes. You want to criticize Hull saying you'd never induct him because he supposedly beats up women well expect a pushback. Has he ever been charged? Ever spent any time in jail?

Again, Iso, let's back track to your comments.  Own them or apologize for them.  I stated Hull's accomplishments as a player deserved to be honored.  I stated it was a difficult thing with points on both sides.  I provided facts that indicate general HOF standards would not preclude Hull, so I provided facts that work against the argument you're trying to pin on me.

You stated that I am a hypocrite because of the wrestlers I've brought in.  Tell me which wrestlers i've brought in.  Can we start there?  Just a list.  Im sure you have all the fact before attacking someone, right?  That's the issue.  You and another guy here have both done it more than once, rather then discuss an issue, you attack me over wrestling.  Self-loathing wrestling fans.  So tell me, what wrestlers have I brought in, what were their issues that compare to BEATING THEIR WIVES because thats the comparison you drew.  So tell me...

As for Hull, dont make it sound like I'm the one with the issue.  You called it a "social agenda".  I pointed out the pushback on the announcement...I didnt create the pushback.  Its relevant.  Its been discussed on TSN.  You might call repeated and consistent abuse a "mistake".  Others wouldnt be so forgiving.  Hull might be your hero but you're dancing all over the place to try and minimize domestic violence.  If you're going to attack someone, you should do it with relevant facts or simply apologize.  No harm in that.

14 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

If I feel there's an apology owing you then I'd do it. However, I don't. I've apologized to people here before for things I've said so I'm sincere when I say I would  but no one ever asked me for one. Not this time.

So you're that type of person, eh?  Ok.  Ive always respected your opinion but you're simply wrong.  And showing a lack of character.  Shooting off at the mouth about me without knowing me or anything about the wrestlers I've brought in.  You've proven my point.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Guerrero beat his wife and was a bad drunk. 

LOL Brandon now.....

I am have no knowledge of Eddie beating his wife. 

Is being an alcoholic comparable to beating women?  

eddie overcAme his addictions, reconciled with his family and became one of the top stars in the sport. I had the pleasure of working with him on his way back up. 

Is this to give a championship to each show? The old belts were confusing. Raw had the WWE championship belt & Smackdown had the WWE World Championship belt. Never could understand why the WWE Championship was considered the bigger of the 2 belts but it was. I guess Raw was & still is considered the #1 show between the 2 so the belt had to be the actual championship.