How This Season Will Be Different

BigBlue

Yes its too early to tell

And yes we information hogs will have our preseason predictions ready by mid September, if we have enough data by then....

But while we sit picking the peach fuzz out of our navel as we await the NFL & CFL drafts, would it be worth our while to test our judgment of reality skills ?

Mofe specifically, who has better realistic hopes ... and who are deluding themselves about their coming disaster this season.

Under the delusional category I see both Edmonton & Regina ... in Edmonton there is complacency and resting on their laurels ... meanwhile in Regina the off-season roster surgery is going to devastate local fan expectations

Toronto seems to have the best chance for a quantum leap upwards, for no other reason than the jubilation of finally having a stable place to practice and play.

Hamilton might finally run out of bad luck. Good luck may no longer be on Ottawa's side.

Huffer going upstairs in Calgary will likely prove to be no more than a blip in their machinery.

Management problems in Montreal & Vancouver might become more obvious.

And in Winnipeg, we finally win the Grey Cup .... we just don't know which year.

I don't know of any fans in Sask who are "delusional". We all know as well as anyone that we had a complete overhaul, and while we did improve in some areas, we all know that there is still work to be done. We understand that Durant has been off for a season and a half, and how he will perform, nobody knows. I guess it's a wait and see thing for us. Myself personally, well, I'm hoping for a playoff spot, which I don't think is being delusional. Will we run the table??? Lol nope, but I certainly think we are an improved team over last year and hopefully the new coaching staff can help us win some of those close games we lost last year, and hopefully that will get us into the post season. 

Your Bombers are in good shape, I haven't heard anything lately about any more signings to your O-line... were there any recently? This isn't me trolling, I just honestly haven't heard anything lately and I know that was an area you guys were working on. 

I agree with you on Hamilton, they have to get over that hump sometime, but I don't think Ottawa is going to drop off that much, they seem to have a pretty solid team... , Toronto should be good and Montreal will be eating out of the dumpster at the bottom of the standings.

As for the rest of the West, I honestly don't know lol. Not sure how Edmonton will respond to losing so much personnel, Calgary should still be a force despite some of the changes there, like I said earlier, you guys have made some great additions to the team, especially in the receiver core, I guess it all depends on how quickly they gel as a team, and obviously that is the same for the Riders. I would think that BC will finish last in the West, only because I think the Riders and Bombers have made enough improvements to pass them in the standings.

I honestly thought that was going to be another one of Migs persona's. Glad to see it wasn't. The bombers have signed a few more OL, americans but still some prospects.

It has nothing to do with my pure and utter hatred for anything riders. But I honestly believe you're in for another rough year. But this time on Offence. I think it may be a changing of the guard at the qb position. Not convinced the Oline will do anything worth while, along with the receivers and running backs. I'd be very surprised if the riders make the playoffs. I see a season below .500 again.

Based solely on what's happened so far...

Teams that look like they'll be worse this year: Edmonton, Hamilton, Calgary, Ottawa

Teams that look like they'll be better this year: Winnipeg, Regina

Teams that look to be around the same: Montreal, BC, Toronto

I see some eerie similarities in rider nation to the IMWT movement.  I think there some delusion that the amount of effort Jones and Murphy are doing scouting+camps is their "philosophy" and how they run it all the time,  completely ignoring the amount of turn over they needed to replace prior to June. There will be some disappointed people next year or in years to come when the need to nearly replace a whole roster isnt there and that amount of offseason work is vastly reduced.  And every move they make is not to be 2nd guessed because IJWT.  but it'd kinda fun when its not us so....

n4zhwj.jpg

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It all comes down to if LaPo can call a decent game....     It doesn't  matter if we have Dressler or Smith if on 2nd and long Lapo decides to screen pass it over and over again....  

Great, thanks for raining on our parade ;)

Sarkoz71. Your delusional if you don't see delusional fans in your favoured squad. Your delusional if you think bomber fans care about your delusional views. The reason they don't care is, because your delusional, and have deluded yourself into thinking that that your not delusional.

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I honestly thought that was going to be another one of Migs persona's. Glad to see it wasn't. The bombers have signed a few more OL, americans but still some prospects.

It has nothing to do with my pure and utter hatred for anything riders. But I honestly believe you're in for another rough year. But this time on Offence. I think it may be a changing of the guard at the qb position. Not convinced the Oline will do anything worth while, along with the receivers and running backs. I'd be very surprised if the riders make the playoffs. I see a season below .500 again.

Possibly, that could very well be the case. I guess the same could be said about the Bombers...only time will tell I guess. A lot of changes done by both teams. Hopefully they gel and we get a great Labour Day and Banjo Bowl.

Sorry you think I'm delusional Rod Black, and no I don't care if you care about my views. This is a football forum is it not? Are you that insecure when someone from another team posts? I get this is a Bomber board and I have never trolled here. In fact my post count here is quite low, but just like everyone else here I like chatting about football. 

13 minutes ago, szaroz71 said:

Possibly, that could very well be the case. I guess the same could be said about the Bombers...only time will tell I guess. A lot of changes done by both teams. Hopefully they gel and we get a great Labour Day and Banjo Bowl.

Sorry you think I'm delusional Rod Black, and no I don't care if you care about my views. This is a football forum is it not? Are you that insecure when someone from another team posts? I get this is a Bomber board and I have never trolled here. In fact my post count here is quite low, but just like everyone else here I like chatting about football. 

well willy is good to go, and apparently DD is good to go, and I think the fate of both teams hangs heavily on their health. I'd say advantage bombers tho only because of the amount of time DD has missed in consecutive years. if both were to go down, I'd have more faith in Nichols then the riders unknown back up at this point (smith?) 

I think our Oline will be much improved this year. pretty much anyone will be an upgrade over picards performance last year and we have Goossen i believe inline to occupy that spot as well as with Keeping as an option. Right now I like the size of the guys we have competing for the RT spot in Daniels, Martin, Hardrick, Foketi and Bond.  the biggest issue I see on the Oline at this point,  is finding a better option for Neufeld at RG, but I think Mike indicated a couple of those guys competing for RT might be able to slide over.

add that with Dressler, smith, andrew harris, denmark and we'll have good offense this year.

our D has done nothing but improve, especially our Dline with Shologan and Cummings, and well only head scratcher on D art this point was bringing in Macho Harris, but others have said it's probably just a depth move.

I dont see the bombers having anywhere near the ?'s that the riders will have, not just from certain positions such as QB and DBs, but the gelling and new systems being put into place with all the new bodies and even existing ones learning to adapt

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

4 minutes ago, pigseye said:

O'Shea will be fired by game 6 if things go south early. He has the staff and the players now to make a run at the playoffs.

We will be south early .., many many changes plus tough schedule  early ... I would be happy with 2 & 4 to start and 5 & 5 by game 10

So who is your new Head Coach?

If MOS can't win this season he never will. We have a tough sked out of the gate but I'll be watching for coaching decisions more than wins and losses. If he has learned anything and makes the right choices as HC, then the winning will come. I would think the team would ride out the window the rest of the season with him and fire him at seasons end if his win/loss record doesn't improve.

Edited by IC Khari

20 hours ago, BigBlue said:

We will be south early .., many many changes plus tough schedule  early ... I would be happy with 2 & 4 to start and 5 & 5 by game 10

So who is your new Head Coach?

As long as the Bombers are in every game for the first 6 it will be a good sign, from Labour Day on is when it counts.  If O'Shea can't find a way to beat the top 3 teams this year, he doesn't deserve a new contract.  Walters has earned another contract but he has to improve the scouting staff or flush it.