Jets Prospects

Ducky

20 hours ago, Floyd said:

Gonna be sweet when he finally makes the Jets and gets to play four minutes a game with Thorburn.

He should start in the top six or Maurice doesn't know what he's doing.  The top six should be Scheifele, Wheeler, Laine, Ehlers, Connor, Roslovic, Little, Petan, Spacek, Lemieux, and Armia.

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

They could of predicted him needing knee surgery how?

There is a contingent of nerds out there who have never seen Stanley play (although they'll claim that they have... many, many times) but have written him off already due to his numbers in junior.  Unfortunately this opinion then spread like a virus through Twitter and the braindead forum-users at HFBoards and to many people he's already a wasted pick.

12 minutes ago, Atomic said:

There is a contingent of nerds out there who have never seen Stanley play (although they'll claim that they have... many, many times) but have written him off already due to his numbers in junior.  Unfortunately this opinion then spread like a virus through Twitter and the braindead forum-users at HFBoards and to many people he's already a wasted pick.

I also enjoy the old  "We could of picked this guy or that guy instead,  man our management are terrible" ,  completely ignoring the fact that every other team has made poor draft choices and that every other team has passed over superstars.  

It's as if only the Jets don't have the magical crystal ball that could predict how each player will turn out??

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

No one would have said 'boo' if Chevy didn't give up so much to get Stanley.  Every analysis says that Stanley is a high-rish, high-reward pick and that these guys usually don't pan out...

Johansen and Clague will both be in the NHL before Stanley.  Jets need D prospects.

8 minutes ago, Floyd said:

No one would have said 'boo' if Chevy didn't give up so much to get Stanley.  Every analysis says that Stanley is a high-rish, high-reward pick and that these guys usually don't pan out...

Johansen and Clague will both be in the NHL before Stanley.  Jets need D prospects.

Couturier was in the league before Scheifele so I guess Chevy flubbed again...shudda drafted Couturier.

22 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I don't agree with you on Stanley but I'm a big fan of Kale Clague.  However I think he was a mid second rounder... would have been a reach in the first round.  I could listen to a Clague vs Luke Green argument though...

4 hours ago, Atomic said:

I don't agree with you on Stanley but I'm a big fan of Kale Clague.  However I think he was a mid second rounder... would have been a reach in the first round.  I could listen to a Clague vs Luke Green argument though...

Thats why you draft Johansen at 22 and Clague at 36

My biggest problem with Logan Stanley is that he doesn't fit with Jets scouting... they ALWAYS take puck-moving guys with two-way hockey sense.  Stanley seems like a pick where they were on the draft floor and went... holy sht there's no D left.  No way he was 'their' guy.

4 hours ago, Ducky said:

Couturier was in the league before Scheifele so I guess Chevy flubbed again...shudda drafted Couturier.

Scheif is a great pick but so was Couturier.

Connors is a good pick... but so is Chabot, Eriksen Ek, White

Ehlers was great... but Larkin is the steal of that draft. Pastrnak pretty good too.

Trouba or Forsberg.  Morrissey or Wennberg.

As usual, you have no point.

How is Larkin a steal when ehlers is doing what he's doing? Larkin is good but he went where he was supposed to. In a redraft ehlers still goes b4 Larkin.  Both in the top 5. 

How do you know Chabot EK and White were great picks? What have they done that Connor hasn't?  Trouba or Forsberg? Give me the RHD with #1 pair potential.  

Morrissey vs Wennberg? It's Morrissey and it's not close. 

Couts is a 3rd line center. Scheif is on pace for 70 something points.  

33 minutes ago, Goalie said:

How is Larkin a steal when ehlers is doing what he's doing? Larkin is good but he went where he was supposed to. In a redraft ehlers still goes b4 Larkin.  Both in the top 5. 

How do you know Chabot EK and White were great picks? What have they done that Connor hasn't?  Trouba or Forsberg? Give me the RHD with #1 pair potential.  

Morrissey vs Wennberg? It's Morrissey and it's not close. 

Couts is a 3rd line center. Scheif is on pace for 70 something points.  

Yah, I'm not saying they are all better than Chevy's picks.  Just lots of teams make good picks.

Larkin is five years younger than Scheifele and already been an all-star.  He will be another Toews.  Ehlers is great too.

Actually, all I'm saying is that trading two high picks for Stanley was a mistake.

11 hours ago, Floyd said:

Yah, I'm not saying they are all better than Chevy's picks.  Just lots of teams make good picks.

Larkin is five years younger than Scheifele and already been an all-star.  He will be another Toews.  Ehlers is great too.

Actually, all I'm saying is that trading two high picks for Stanley was a mistake.

Larkin born 1996.  Scheifele born 1993.  96 - 93 = 5?