Jets Prospects

Ducky

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

how are the Knights so good at getting US talent?  The Jets should have somehow helped out Hawerchuk and got Roslovic onto the Barrie Colts.  Rather see Barrie win than London all the time.

I would rather see him playing with the London Knights

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Interesting. Doesn't playing in the OHL open up some better development opportunities as far as what he can do with the jets?

The NCAA program has improved drastically over the years.  Going to the OHL would mean the Jets could pay for his travel to be in camp, etc.    NCAA would forbid that.

However, he is American and from Ohio.  Nothing wrong with getting a College education to boot.

My primary concern with Connor is the same as with Mark Schiefele - - - - does he have enough beef and strength on him at such an early age to avoid being a virtual bambi against NHL wolves. Jets got lucky with Mark, as he learned a lot from taking abuse and built himself into a solid #1 line centre (#2 with a lot of other competitive teams) centre.

Will the Jets have the same fortune with Connor? Training camp will give us a bit of an indication but keep in mind NHL exhibition games don't have the same level of ferocity as most regular season games, let alone playoffs.

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I'm glad he's planning to head back wherever it might be. Should be a good player. Will take time. But has a good chance to be a really good player. 

I'd much rather see hi m playing in the OHL with and against better players....better coaching too.

Connor starts with the Jets.

On 2016-07-02 at 4:23 PM, Ducky said:

I am just wondering if anyone out there would like to make a friendly wager about whether Connor makes the team this year or not.

Starting and finishing 2 diff things. Need defined guidelines here.

If he's on the roster when the season starts does that count? Cause he could be sent down and stay there all year.

Making the team is 41+ games and either starts or finishes season IMHO. Barring injury.

13 hours ago, Goalie said:

Connor definitely starts with the Jets.  Does he stay up all year? Dunno. But he definitely starts 

Who are you sending down? I think Connor is given every opportunity to impress but I just don't see how they fit him in the team.

I hope I'm wrong because that means he's earned the spot!

The wildcard with Connor is what, if anything, was agreed to by him and the organization when he signed his contract.

I don't pretend to know how these things work, but is there not a chance he signed a deal based on the idea he'd be getting NHL time?  And if so, would that not mean that unless he has a real poor camp and preseason, he'll be a Jet for the better part of the season?

Personally, I'll like him in the AHL to start the year, at the least.  We need to start building a winner down there, and a winner that gets W's playing the Jets system, with Jet prospects.  Potentially having Connor, Petan, Lemieux, Tanev, De Leo etc down there would sure add some competition.  We've got enough skill in the top 6 without Connor, this year anyways, and in the bottom 6 I think there's enough talent to fill the lineup - and keep Thorburn and Peluso off the gameday lineup.

15 hours ago, Goalie said:

Connor definitely starts with the Jets.  Does he stay up all year? Dunno. But he definitely starts 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Who are you sending down? I think Connor is given every opportunity to impress but I just don't see how they fit him in the team.

I hope I'm wrong because that means he's earned the spot!

39 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Connor makes it to start. No doubt about it actually 

Who are you sending down??