Jets Prospects

Ducky

On 3/27/2017 at 3:47 PM, Floyd said:

Just checking on the two D I thought were the best picks still on the board if Jets wouldn't have pulled the trigger on Stanley...

Lucas Johansen - LHD - 68 games - 40 pts, +23 (WHL)

Kale Clague - LHD - 48 games, 40 pts, -8 (WHL)

Stanley - 35 games, 17 pts, +2 (OHL)

What does the Plus Minus have to do with anything? 

I don't really get the point of this post besides? what? I mean, are points the be all and end all of D men playing in Junior? 

Stanley was improving until he got hurt, He's a project, he's a few years away still if ever, Johansen and Clague aren't exactly sure fire picks either. 

I didn't like the pick but i'm not sure what posting points and plus minus really proves 

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Time to start the Myers watch?

LOL. Seriously? C'mon man. Poolman is a project, that appears to be 3rd D pair money for sure that he signed for but... I highly doubt Myers moves anytime soon...Quit over rating our prospects, Poolman is good but he's at best maybe a 2nd pairing guy in the future but in reality, hopefully an improvement on Postma. 

He can also play the Left side so keep that in mind. 

24 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Lawless Twitter...

Poolman and Jets agree on a one-year ELC for $1.775 million (salary and bonuses). Contract starts next year. Will be a Group 2 free agent after his one-year ELC expires (RFA with arb rights). AHL salary will be with $70,000.

That seems like a pretty solid ELC salary.  Hopefully he's a gamer.  As goalie said, I'd expect him to pencil in at the 3LHD spot.

Morrissey-Trouba

Toby-Buff

Poolman-Myers

If Huddy doesnt screw it up, that could be a solid D corp.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I didn't like the pick but i'm not sure what posting points and plus minus really proves 

Just a quick check up on them... both Clague and Johansen will make the big leagues imo. 

Plus minus doesn't really mean much at all...  unless its really an outlier like +23 

Points means a lot in the lower leagues... if you're not scoring there, you really have zero hope of making the NHL

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That seems like a pretty solid ELC salary.  Hopefully he's a gamer.  As goalie said, I'd expect him to pencil in at the 3LHD spot.

Morrissey-Trouba

Toby-Buff

Poolman-Myers

If Huddy doesnt screw it up, that could be a solid D corp.

Replace Toby with anything, even an orange traffic cone, and I will agree with you. 

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Traffic cones that clear the front of the net.

Have you watched these 2 in our D zone? Strait sent back to the Moose today so that should tell you what they think of him. Melchiori is a gongshow... the play dies on his stick every shift. He's awful. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Thats what I meant, he didnt sign for the minimum.  Ofcourse, he had some leverage.  But hopefully the salary represents the projected talent level.

He had more leverage than trouba did this off season 

15 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Have you watched these 2 in our D zone? Strait sent back to the Moose today so that should tell you what they think of him. Melchiori is a gongshow... the play dies on his stick every shift. He's awful. 

Not defending their puck handling or skating skills at all.  Buff's recent 'mistakes' are because he tries to do everything because he has no faith in Melchiori...

They are plugs... but plugs that outmuscle guys in front of our net.

Jets are still a .500 team with Enstrom or Melchiori as your #4 D.  That's disturbing.

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Toby isnt terrible

I'm not a Toby hater... but this season is by far his worst for whatever reason.  He's taking one bad stick penalty a game and getting beaten to the puck and in the corners.

The fact that Melchiori is not a recognizable drop off is not good.

He has never had any chemistry with Buff...  I'd re-sign him at 3 mill for two years as our third pairing after next season

Morrissey-Trouba

Chiarot-Buff

Enstrom-Myers

(Poolman-Postma)