Jets Prospects

Ducky

• 1 month later...

Connor earns a spot and gets to start with the big team...

Three goals and two were game winners...not bad for a rookie, not bad at all.

He's making everyone remember why we were talking so much about him until Laine got drafted.

Connor Scheif Ehlers

Laine Little Wheeler would look nice in the near future...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have the youngsters been as good as everyone says????? Not all of them if you take their points into consideration... Stats before tonight's game...

Ehlers 29 points

Laine 29 points

Dano 9 points/25 games

Morrissey 5 points

Armia 4 points/10 games

Petan 7 points/14 games

Copp 7 points/25 games

Tanev 4 points

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Have the youngsters been as good as everyone says????? Not all of them if you take their points into consideration... Stats before tonight's game...

Ehlers 29 points

Laine 29 points

Dano 9 points/25 games

Morrissey 5 points

Armia 4 points/10 games

Petan 7 points/14 games

Copp 7 points/25 games

Tanev 4 points

Worst analysis ever.

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

Let's not count Armia because of games missed and Laine and Ehlers are putting up points but tanev, Morrissey, Copp and Dano have combined for 25 points. That is less than one point a game from one of the four players...that is not enough.

Morrissey is logging top minutes and is one of our best D.

Petan is producing and FINALLY on the powerplay.

Dano and Copp are consistently on the 3rd/4th line... still have more points that Perrault and Stafford

If Morrissey is one of our top D men, shouldn't he have more than 4 points in 35 games? Copp has the same amount of points as MP with more games but that is not my point. Are you happy with 25 points from those 4 players? I didn't count Petan's points in there because of games missed and he has actually performed pretty good if you ask me.

28 minutes ago, Ducky said:

If Morrissey is one of our top D men, shouldn't he have more than 4 points in 35 games? Copp has the same amount of points as MP with more games but that is not my point. Are you happy with 25 points from those 4 players? I didn't count Petan's points in there because of games missed and he has actually performed pretty good if you ask me.

Morrissey's fancy stats are great.  He will find his range... but he spends most of his time bailing out Buff right now

A bigger concern is Lowry and Perrault - Dano and Copp get less ice time, less opportunities - have the same pts

I like Tanev's hustle but he just doesn't drive the play...  probably better on the Moose.

Maurice will probably keep Matthias Lowry Armia together and I expect Lowry to get more points with Armia setting him up multiple times a game...they played a good game today considering it was the first game back for two of them. They had the Canucks hemmed in their own zone for extended periods a few times tonight.

Points to judge a d man who plays with Buff so is actually defensively responsible. 

Man. I can't wait for the day that we actually haved more than 1 d man who plays D first. Wait we do... Toby and Josh. We need more actually.  

Points lol?  Cmon man. 

Edited by Goalie

Right now this guy and Ehlers alone make being a Jets fan worthwhile IMO. Ya I'd like to be a serious threat for a Cup soon but the guy in this vid still has teenage acne. Just think of what he's done in barely three months in the NHL. Can you imagine what this team will be like when he and Scheif and Ehlers are mature seasoned players? Never mind Conner etc. Ya I've been ragging on them but the future is bright if we can wait for it :)

Edited by IC Khari

• 3 weeks later...

Players under 24...

Scheif (23) in a four way tie for 13th overall

Ehlers (20) in a four way tie for 13th overall

Laine (18) in a three way tie for 13th overall

Trouba 22

Lowry 23

Morrissey 21

Copp 23

Petan 21

Dano 22

Armia 23

Hellebuyck 23

Roslovic 19

Foley 19

Connor 20

Comrie 21

Lemieux 20

Am I forgetting someone?

sidenote ... in comparison, nobody the Thrashers drafted in 2010 are playing for the team...only Burmi is in the NHL....he is in the league right?

Edited by Ducky

Again, we are a young team and that's fine. But the issues here aren't just youth.  We've seen Toby, buff, stu, Stafford make bone head plays or seemingly give up on plays 

I'd trade Stafford as soon as possible. If we're going to suck let petan or Connor play that spot. 

I wrote here way back that my one fear was the jets lost grit. They played better with way less talent than they have now. 

Matthias is out there busting his ass. He's working hard to play above his talent. Even Thorbs. Say what you will, he's giving his all every shift.  I think Wheeler does too. 

Ehlers is probably our best player. 

If we could remake the D in the image of trouba we'd be somewhere.  I like buff. He's not a D man. He's a rover. Trouba should be getting his minutes with Morrossey (another bright spot).  Buff moves down with Toby and plays less minutes. 

Then we need another trouba style player

Id still try to pry Hamonic out of Long Island.  

Morrissey-Trouba

Ham-Myers

toby-Buff

that makes us better. Acquire a frolik-ish player and someone who intimidates the opposition. 

I don't much care about goaltending at this point but we need a better back up next year. If someone will trade us a better back up with a year left for expansion purposes and take Hutch then it can't hurt. But Helle should still get most starts.  He can still be that goalie we need. 

But id absolutely look at a new goalie coach. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Again, we are a young team and that's fine. But the issues here aren't just youth.  We've seen Toby, buff, stu, Stafford make bone head plays or seemingly give up on plays 

I'd trade Stafford as soon as possible. If we're going to suck let petan or Connor play that spot. 

I wrote here way back that my one fear was the jets lost grit. They played better with way less talent than they have now. 

Matthias is out there busting his ass. He's working hard to play above his talent. Even Thorbs. Say what you will, he's giving his all every shift.  I think Wheeler does too. 

Ehlers is probably our best player. 

If we could remake the D in the image of trouba we'd be somewhere.  I like buff. He's not a D man. He's a rover. Trouba should be getting his minutes with Morrossey (another bright spot).  Buff moves down with Toby and plays less minutes. 

Then we need another trouba style player

Id still try to pry Hamonic out of Long Island.  

Morrissey-Trouba

Ham-Myers

toby-Buff

that makes us better. Acquire a frolik-ish player and someone who intimidates the opposition. 

I don't much care about goaltending at this point but we need a better back up next year. If someone will trade us a better back up with a year left for expansion purposes and take Hutch then it can't hurt. But Helle should still get most starts.  He can still be that goalie we need. 

But id absolutely look at a new goalie coach. 

M-T 4m

H-M 10m

T-B 13m

That's a lot to pay for your D corps. I like the looks of it though. Has Hamonic ever played LHD?