New Look Bombers

Floyd

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I don't like Bucknor but it's an easy spot to hide a lesser player in, I think it's the best option. I also think this team starts 8 non imports so they have the flexibility to deal with injuries and in game adjustments. 

if we do, I really hope Bucknor and Hurl aren't in the 8.

but like I said, Bucknors position is an easy one to hide a guy in. Better option than trying to find another canadian to back up Harris at rb should he be hurt or you have another american defensive lineman on to rotate in and give more push when you need it, or you load up on americans at receiver in some situations. I just think it's a "safe" way to hide a guy. 

Poorly written article by Penton which came off as a piece written by a causal fan who gains most of his knowledge from reading the FreeP.  JFG numbers are bad because he spent most of the season watching from the sidelines.  Penton did not even mention the spot opened up by Washington's departure, stick Adams or Randle in that spot and deal with the field corner as a separate issue.

This 71 man roster looks..intriguing at this particular time, with a whole of time to go. 

There is an exceptional amount of players still left as Free Agents but, unless there's a real tag sale, I don't expect any more notable  additions from there. We will add the customary 4-6 players from Free Agent tryouts, or maybe more, if they're targeting O-Line guys.

The secondary? Not really worried about that aspect as there is room to maneuver with this roster. The fact they seem to be high enough on Posey and Kearney, to keep them so long, also is noteworthy.

Also, extremely noteworthy, is the low quantity of OLinemen on the roster. Yikes.

The one aspect of this roster for me this year will be keeping an eye out for the player(s) to look out for. For me the list includes:

1) lb Tony Burnett   2) WR Quincy McDuffie   3) lb Kyle Knox   4) rec Addison Richards   5) DB Garrett Waggoner and of course, 6) all three roster QBs - Quentin Williams, Dominque Davis, and Brian Bennett

And, except for the colour ?, thanks to Atomic for the effort in putting together that chart..

Cant believe that Neufeld is actually being slotted as our starting LG - always injured and below average when playing anything other than RT, downgrade from Morley

2 NI OL, 2 NI DL, NI RB, 1 REC, Safety (Sherman, Waggoner or Jones)

Please please stop the 8 NI experiment, it was painful last year.

16 minutes ago, James said:

I really hope they entertain the idea of moving Johnny Adams to HB and Bass to MLB. I think those guys would just dominate in those roles with a year under their belts

Adams is already playing the boundary, which is arguably the most important spot in the secondary depending on the offence you're against.

Also think if our defensive scheme is set up anything like it was last season with the MLB playing more in a gap than in space, Bass is in the right place at WIL.

16 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Adams is already playing the boundary, which is arguably the most important spot in the secondary depending on the offence you're against.

Also think if our defensive scheme is set up anything like it was last season with the MLB playing more in a gap than in space, Bass is in the right place at WIL.

My thinking is the signings of Cummings and Shologan are going to free up the MLB to be a MLB... and we could move Randle back to boundry and Adams into Washingtons old spot.

Snapshot - 

If you take our roster pre-free agency and factor in the players that were eligible for FA, then add the additions, you get a brief view where the team has upgraded. It was expensive, but the National upgrade was good, and the RB upgrade should be huge. The kicking game should not lose us any games. Also, the biggie, for me, was the DL upgrade. It should make for a better defence overall.

Original               (Free agent list)                                                                             Roster Replacements  (where applicable)

Capers, Selvish    OL    International                                                - Jeff Keeping OL      Nat.
Gibson, Thaddeus    DL    International                                          - Keith Shologan DL  Nat. 
Hajrullahu, Lirim    K    National    Signed with TOR (02/09/16)    - Justin Medlock K    Int.
Moore, Nick    WR    International    Signed with BC (02/10/16).   - Weston Dressler WR   Int.

Walker, Chevon    RB    International                                                - Andrew Harris RB Nat.

Shell, Lin-J    DB    International                                                         - Macho Harris DB   Int.

Pontbriand, Michel-Pierre    FB     National                                      - Pascal Lochard RB Nat.

Washington, Demond    DB International                                        - Euclid Cummings DT Int.

- Ryan Smith, REC, Int.

Daniels, Jace    OL     International    Extended (12/14/15).            -  Jace Daniels OL     Int.

Nichols, Matt    QB    International    Extended (01/05/16).           - Matt Nichols QB Int.

Richardson, Louie    DL    National    Extended (01/25/16).            - Louie Richardson DL Nat.

Newman, Graig    DB     National    Signed with SSK (02/09/16).    

Marshall, Cameron    RB    International.                                        -NFL

No doubt they're high on Medlock. They should be.

If Medlock is a Bomber last year, it's not a stretch to suggest we're in the playoffs. Kicking KILLED us last year and made our situation look a million times worse than it truly was. We sucked last year, but we sucked far more because of Lirim.