Buff or Trouba

Goalie

Most of the nhl insiders seem to be suggesting that the Jets can't keep both Buff and Trouba. Makes kind of sense when you think about it so simple question.....who do you keep and why? 

It's not Buff vs Enstrom or Myers. It's Buff vs Trouba. Trouba will get paid this off season also.... by the Jets. 

This might be what some are forgetting. Trouba is RFA. Scheif. Lowry. Is Helle? Don't think so but would be next year ....

So Do you keep 30 year old Buff or 20 something Trouba? Sounds like keeping both isn't a legit option 

51 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Man. Guess only 1 guy got the part about buff or Trouba. It's not about trading enstrom or Myers.  It's who do you keep between buff and trouba 

Logically Trouba, however the flip side (not withstanding his recent play), I think we could also get a great return for Trouba in the trade market (e.g., Oilers have a a lot of talent they need to shed due to salary cap) and end up of ahead at the end of the day.

The premise of this thread makes no sense.

Explain why you can't keep Buff and Trouba?  They are now our best D pairing...

The problematic contracts on D are Enstrom and Stuart (and Clitsome), both overpaid, both gone in two seasons - you could easily sign Buff and Trouba to long-term deals and be fine.

Next year, Morrissey is on entry level, Lemieux, Armia and Ehlers in lineup, Trouba and Lowry get bridge deals... Scheifele's contract replaces Ladd's...  lots of cap space.

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Can't. No trade clause. Only option to buy out.

That's not true at all, I'll say this much, There have been quite a few rumors out there that Enstrom is indeed available this season, That the Jets would and probably will move him. He might have a no trade clause, he does but that means very little in the big picture. Enstrom ain't getting any younger and if a team comes calling and asking about him, rumors had Pitt kicking the tires on him, then Chevy and  The Jets can ask him if he would agree to go there, he can say yes or he can say no. He'd probably say yes, why? because why would you want to stay somewhere where you aren't really wanted. Enstrom probably will be moved either this season or in the off-season. I'd almost bet on it actually and if they sign both buff and trouba, you can bet your butt that Enstrom is gone the second those deals are signed. 

And when Enstrom is traded, people might be surprised at the return he gets, I see Toby going to an Eastern team tho, I think because of his size he's more suited to an Eastern Conference team, Why would he care which one it is really, he's still gonna be getting paid. He's the highest paid Jet right now, paid more than everyone on the team currently... He's being shopped for sure and will be moved sooner than some think. 

Edited by Goalie

30 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Why would he say NO? 

Asking him to waive his no trade clause is a polite way of saying "we don't want you here anymore". 

Why would anyone say NO. 

If no one ever says NO then why do agents negotiate this into contracts?

It all depends on the situation and the team he would be traded to. 

27 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Why move Myers? He's got a great contract.

Myers is our 3rd best RHD and would get back quite a bit in a trade......don't get me wrong, I'd only trade him if Buff was re-signed; however, if Buff leaves, I'd wrap Myers up in a deal for Hamonic.

Why should we keep him just because he has a great contract?

For everyone saying we should trade Enstrom, tell me who your top 3 LHD would be?

Stu, Chiarot and Pardy/Morrissey?

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Myers is our 3rd best RHD and would get back quite a bit in a trade......don't get me wrong, I'd only trade him if Buff was re-signed; however, if Buff leaves, I'd wrap Myers up in a deal for Hamonic.

Why should we keep him just because he has a great contract?

For everyone saying we should trade Enstrom, tell me who your top 3 LHD would be?

Stu, Chiarot and Pardy/Morrissey?

Buff leaves, trade Myers? You dont think we need an offensive defenceman?