Buff or Trouba

Goalie

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

Why would he laugh at RNH for Jones?  Seth Jones is exactly the piece that the oilers desperately need.

Is he? Or would he like so many before him get exposed without the support of the guys in Nashville ahead of him? That's arguably the best D in the league he came from and Edmonton is arguably the worst. Lots of guys asked to do too much there had their careers diminished because of it. Meanwhile RNH can actually handle playing top line centre and still has some upside to his game as well. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Is he? Or would he like so many before him get exposed without the support of the guys in Nashville ahead of him? That's arguably the best D in the league he came from and Edmonton is arguably the worst. Lots of guys asked to do too much there had their careers diminished because of it. Meanwhile RNH can actually handle playing top line centre and still has some upside to his game as well. 

Oilers destroyed Justin Schultz, no doubt... but I'd contend that the D core is a bit stronger now - Sekera, Nurse, Klefbom and Jones wouldn't have to carry the load alone

18 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I know Myers is soft, one of the reasons I'd trade him.

I think we would have to add to Myers to get RNH.

Ladd RNH Little

Perreault or Armia or Ehlers with Scheifele and Wheeler

Would look nice as our 1st and 2nd lines.

Seems to me anyway youd trade Myers for no other reason then you dont like him.

Big young strong kid that can skate and move the puck with a great contract... Pretty much what you want. We wont trade that away.

And we really wont trade him for a guy like RNH.....  Hes a floater and hes soft. He doesent fit our style of play at all.

5 minutes ago, New_Earth_Mud said:

Seems to me anyway youd trade Myers for no other reason then you dont like him.

Big young strong kid that can skate and move the puck with a great contract... Pretty much what you want. We wont trade that away.

And we really wont trade him for a guy like RNH.....  Hes a floater and hes soft. He doesent fit our style of play at all.

You should try watching RNH play some time because you clearly have never done so in the past if that is your assessment of the player. 

17 minutes ago, Ducky said:

RNH is a gifted, two-way 1C.

Myers is a soft, 2RHD.

I don't dislike Myers, I like him. He can't help it that Trouba and Buff are better.

Whats this even mean?  

You can have all 3 yano.   lol

And its a contract like his that allows you to do it. Its why we wont be trading him.

33 minutes ago, New_Earth_Mud said:

That's why I told you to go watch the kid actually play. The media likes to parrot this idea that the Oilers players are all a bunch of pansies who couldn't find their own end of the rink if they had a map, it's just not true at all. RNH especially is a very responsible two way centre who back checks hard and makes a lot of plays defensively. Has since his 2nd year in the league. That's why his offense hasn't ever matched his pace in his rookie year. In his rookie year he was sheltered and could just play O, ever since then though he's had to be the guy to match other teams top lines. Did you know that last season teams started to match their best players away from RNH? Do you think soft floaters get hurt blocking shots like RNH did? Since you like sportsnets anaylsis maybe go dig up the pre-game bit they did last night showing the highlight pack of RNH busting his ass to break up plays on the back check and their conversation about how the Oilers will miss him defensively more than anything... and lo and behold they gave up 6 goals last night with him out of the line up. He is the most chippy of the forwards Edmonton has drafted. Eberle sure he's a softer player but RNH ain't and never has been. He was skinny when he was drafted but he's up to a pretty average weight now. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

That's why I told you to go watch the kid actually play. The media likes to parrot this idea that the Oilers players are all a bunch of pansies who couldn't find their own end of the rink if they had a map, it's just not true at all. RNH especially is a very responsible two way centre who back checks hard and makes a lot of plays defensively. Has since his 2nd year in the league. That's why his offense hasn't ever matched his pace in his rookie year. In his rookie year he was sheltered and could just play O, ever since then though he's had to be the guy to match other teams top lines. Did you know that last season teams started to match their best players away from RNH? Do you think soft floaters get hurt blocking shots like RNH did? Since you like sportsnets anaylsis maybe go dig up the pre-game bit they did last night showing the highlight pack of RNH busting his ass to break up plays on the back check and their conversation about how the Oilers will miss him defensively more than anything... and lo and behold they gave up 6 goals last night with him out of the line up. He is the most chippy of the forwards Edmonton has drafted. Eberle sure he's a softer player but RNH ain't and never has been. He was skinny when he was drafted but he's up to a pretty average weight now. 

Alright.....  Anyway IMO and it seems others hes a softer type player. I dont really think he fits our style of play. And trading Myers for him is a bad move i think.

You don't like good players? You just eliminated a lot of guys. Patrick Kane doesn't play that way, Sidney Crosby doesn't play that way, Pavel Datsyuk doesn't play that way.... it's a bullshit excuse that people like to trot out when they don't know enough about the game to form real opinions. Just slam people without any evidence at all. "He's too soft! Not good enough for my team!!!" Fact is if RNH stepped onto the Jets tomorrow he'd be the teams best centre. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You don't like good players? You just eliminated a lot of guys. Patrick Kane doesn't play that way, Sidney Crosby doesn't play that way, Pavel Datsyuk doesn't play that way.... it's a bullshit excuse that people like to trot out when they don't know enough about the game to form real opinions. Just slam people without any evidence at all. "He's too soft! Not good enough for my team!!!" Fact is if RNH stepped onto the Jets tomorrow he'd be the teams best centre. 

Holy....  Dont get so upset. Relax.

RNH is not in the same world as Kane, Crosby or Datsyuk.

I never slammed him once. I gave my opinion on him from watching him play the last few year and that opinion is hes a softer player and wouldnt fit on The Jets.

Ive heard many many times that hes a soft player and it seems you have to. I guess all these people are wrong.

Lots of high skilled guys on the Oilers no doubt but the problem seems like to many of them are the softer type players. Not enough bangers and toughness.

21 hours ago, 17to85 said:

34 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I like Nugent-Hopkins and would love him on this team but no, he would not instantly be our number one. I believe that belongs to Mr. Little.

RNH would become our 1C...no doubt about it.

Myers is the softest layer on the Jets and the reason the Jets wouldn't trade him is because his cap hit is 5.5m but his actual salary is declining every year. I'd rather have a solid D man like Hamonic but Myers plays very soft, especially for a D man.

He isn't worth the 5.5m cap hit in my opinion. If he were a LHD, my opinion might be different and his contract might be worth it.

1 hour ago, New_Earth_Mud said:

Holy....  Dont get so upset. Relax.

RNH is not in the same world as Kane, Crosby or Datsyuk.

I never slammed him once. I gave my opinion on him from watching him play the last few year and that opinion is hes a softer player and wouldnt fit on The Jets.

Ive heard many many times that hes a soft player and it seems you have to. I guess all these people are wrong.

Lots of high skilled guys on the Oilers no doubt but the problem seems like to many of them are the softer type players. Not enough bangers and toughness.

But you clearly are letting incorrect opinions cloud your vision. Anyone who watches RNH knows he's not a soft player. Not a banger? Sure but few guys actually are. He'll muck it up though and go to hard areas. That's not soft no matter how you spin it. With your parroting of stupid crap like he's a soft floater you are slamming him. Of course he's not in the same teir as the guys I mentioned, I took extreme examples to prove a point. You know who is soft among the Oilers top forwards? Eberle and Purcell that's it. The rest of them will mix it up but they have better things to do than run around trying to be third line grinders. You surround them with some actual defencemen and some grit in the bottom 6 and no one complains at all about their softness. Let us not also discount their seasons being coached by Dallas Eakins, a man who said that a perfect game you throw no hits. That's the kind of coaching these guys have had to unlearn. 

13 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

But you clearly are letting incorrect opinions cloud your vision. Anyone who watches RNH knows he's not a soft player. Not a banger? Sure but few guys actually are. He'll muck it up though and go to hard areas. That's not soft no matter how you spin it. With your parroting of stupid crap like he's a soft floater you are slamming him. Of course he's not in the same teir as the guys I mentioned, I took extreme examples to prove a point. You know who is soft among the Oilers top forwards? Eberle and Purcell that's it. The rest of them will mix it up but they have better things to do than run around trying to be third line grinders. You surround them with some actual defencemen and some grit in the bottom 6 and no one complains at all about their softness. Let us not also discount their seasons being coached by Dallas Eakins, a man who said that a perfect game you throw no hits. That's the kind of coaching these guys have had to unlearn. 

Played and watched enough hockey in my time to form my own opinions on players. Nobody clouds my vision.

Lots of players now and before id call soft players.... it doesnt mean they are not good. Its not slaming them its what they are.

Im not and havent been parroting stupid crap as you call it... You said i should watch him play and i simply showed you an artical where its said that he is a softer player.

I have no clue what point you were trying to make.

Anyway we will have to agree to disagree.

My opinion remains the same.... Trading Myers for RNH would be a bad move. 

5 hours ago, Ducky said:

I know Myers is soft, one of the reasons I'd trade him.

I think we would have to add to Myers to get RNH.

Ladd RNH Little

Whoa, when did Little become a bad center?

RNH got 8g in 40+ games this year. That's 3rd line center numbers for the Jets.

You're only as good as your last season and he not having a good one for RNH. Topped off with a hand injury that'll keep him out 6-8 weeks.

Little had had very good seasons on the wing. Are you going to put Scheifele on the 3rd or on wing? Little would be the one to move over.

You don't like soft players but you like Myers? For someone that has played and watched hockey as much as you say you do/have, you must see what a soft player he is, especially for his size.