Buff or Trouba

Goalie

He's a keeper if we don't have Buff and no way in hell is he better than Buff in his zone. Plus, he is the softest D man we have. How many ti mes does he skate beside a player that has the puck and doesn't even lay a hand on him to try to push  him off the puck never mind hammer him into the boards.

Myers compared to Hamonic is hard to compare because Hamonic doesn't care about points and rarely rushes the puck. Hamonic cares about being scored against and plays against the opposition's best players every game. Myers is progressing? From what? The beginning of the year? ok I agree... Since he came here....very debatable as he played pretty much lights out last season with us....over his career??? ... not a chance. He put up 48 points his first year and 37 the second....he hasn't scored over 30 since....where's the progression???

Again, I don't dislike the guy and I think he is a good offensive minded 2RHD...If Trouba stays on the left side of Buff, I would sooner have Hamonic as the other RHD every day of the week....especially with offensive minded Morrissey coming up the ranks.

If Buff were on the block last year do you think Myers would still be considered the "prize pig"?

The Hamonic ship has probably sailed far away from Winnipeg by now. 

I don't really get it, you don't think Myers is that great but you'd move him for Hamonic? who you think is?? It makes no sense really. 

Hamonic is a good defensive d man, yeah that would be nice to have, for sure, no doubt but... you are really over valuing Hamonic and under valuing Myers big time.

Your last sentence is irrelevant and makes no sense really, If Doughty was available or Keith or Seabrook or Erik Karlsson or really name a bunch of d men better than Buff cuz theres a ton. 

I'll say this much, If both Myers and Hamonic were available at the deadline last year,  Yup, Myers would be the bigger prize. That's just reality. Hamonic is good but he's not that good, I have a feeling some just think he's good because he's from St Malo and wants to be traded here. 

I like the guy, he's a good guy on and off the ice, he's not elite and honestly, i would almost think that if Myers for Hamonic did happen that the Isles would be the ones adding cuz i think if you were Shopping Myers around, some other team would offer you more than just Hamonic. 

Man, i hope if Hamonic does get traded here that people don't immediately start crapping on him because your expectations for Hamonic are way to high. He is what he is. He's a good defensive D man, we don't really have a guy like that on our team but reality is, no teams have a RHD side of Buff, Myers,Trouba either. RHD is not our issue, LHD is. If Hamonic was an LHD man, trade for him now. But he's not, right now, i guess what i'd call him would be a luxury not really a necessity 

I like Hamonic  and i'd be happy if he did end up here but... How much better does Hamonic make the Jets? Reality is not much better. If at all. 

Edited by Goalie

Rumours if Hamonic to edmonton. Doesn't make much sense. If you have to fly from edmonton for family reasons might has well fly from New York. In fact it's probably easier to fly from New York. 

Hopefully jets and isles have a plan for Hamonic and decided to wait til the off season. Can't pass up opportunities like him. 

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Rumours if Hamonic to edmonton. Doesn't make much sense. If you have to fly from edmonton for family reasons might has well fly from New York. In fact it's probably easier to fly from New York. 

Hopefully jets and isles have a plan for Hamonic and decided to wait til the off season. Can't pass up opportunities like him. 

Eklund rumor again. Goes against everything everyone else with actual sources have said. Isles want a young D man back not a guy making 6 million.

PS: Ducky... what's the point. I'm done debating with you. 

Edited by Goalie

I don't think there are any direct flights to NY but there are daily flights to Deadmonton.

Regardless, the names being bantered about are big names. Chiarelli has been trying to get him for awhile and he just missed out on Seth Jones if you believe certain people so it makes sense. He'd do well there. Buff would excel.

I still think Hamonic ends up a Jet. Based on nothing really, other than the interest between both player & team, and I think we have at least a few options that would entice the Islanders. With their injuries, it'll happen in the offseason, if at all.

Re: Tyler Meyers. I'm not concerned with what he did in Buffalo. Parts of 6 seasons with the Sabres, probably 4 of them they were downright terrible and they had him in a 1/2 role, when he's probably more of a 2nd pairing guy, ideally.  It's over and done with.  

So far in Wpg though: 69 GP 8 G 25 A 33 PTS +12 and 133 shots in those games. When he's on his game (has been really good last 4-6 weeks, IMO) he's a solid 2nd pairing guy. In my perfect world, our D core is built around Trouba, Buff, Meyers and Morrissey in that order.

For all the talk of Meyers OR Hamonic - I'd love to see both here on our 2nd pair. And with favourable contracts for both, maybe there's a way to offset Buff/Trouba's upcoming paydays with Meyers/Hamonic.

4 minutes ago, New_Earth_Mud said:

Where did you hear this?

I would highly doubt we trade Myers...  Just dont see that happening. And why would we want RNH? Hes way to soft a player to play here.

When I Googled & looked for some mention after seeing Ducky's post, I couldn't find anything.

Closest thing I found was an interesting note that apparently EDM offered RNH to Nash for Seth Jones, but they liked Johansen better.

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

I would bet the Oilers return for Hamonic is Schultz +, at this point....not one of the first-rounder forwards, but it'd be a D/F package for sure.

I've been a Schultz fan over time and, at times, thought he'd look good in a Jets uniform. No more though, his game and the decisions he makes are not that good. If anything, the game has sped up for him, not down. Schultz would be a throw-in piece now for any deal unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

When I Googled & looked for some mention after seeing Ducky's post, I couldn't find anything.

Closest thing I found was an interesting note that apparently EDM offered RNH to Nash for Seth Jones, but they liked Johansen better.

Actually, the more likely scenario (also going around) is that Nashville said "RNH for Jones..." and Chia basically laughed at him. Not gonna happen. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Chevy never says anything so it aint coming from here. And like i said we wont be dealing Myers. I just dont see that happening at all.

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Actually, the more likely scenario (also going around) is that Nashville said "RNH for Jones..." and Chia basically laughed at him. Not gonna happen. 

That depends on who you listen to. Some people say the Oilers didn't want to give him up, some people say there was a lot of talk about it but the Preds preferred the taller heavier player. The truth likely lies somewhere in the middle. I'd suspect that it wasn't a 1 for 1 swap being talked about between Nashville and Edmonton because the Oilers really are in no position to be trading a guy like RNH for potential on defense. They really lack depth that I don't think people realize. Sure they might appear to have depth at C when everyone is healthy, but McDavid still isn't back yet and that leaves them with Draisaitl and then someone like Letestu playing 2C because of an injury. Not a good situation. The Oilers really do lack everything other than their first round guys so to part with one they need to win the trade, they don't have depth anywhere to move a piece for a need because it just leaves more holes. 

Yup, must be putting a damper on some of Deadmonton's plans. Quite a bit of talent they have in sick bay.

Re-sign Buff and trade Myers, Petan, Stuart and 2016 1st rounder for Vlasic.

Ladd Little Ehlers

Perreault Scheif Wheeler

Lowry Stafford Armia

Vlasic Buff

Enstrom Trouba

Chiarot Postma

Helle Pavs