End Zone Ticket Prices - Too High?

BigBlue

Based just on value I believe we are overpricing the end zones and leaving a lot of people at home watching on TV. Personally, I would rather spend the money on a good meal than pay what seems like a ransom for a family outing to the stadium. Yes I will pay up for the grandstands where the sightlines are decent. But to watch half the game from so far away... No thanks.

I believe the BOMBER management would do well to lower the price point in the end zone and fill that part of the stadium.... Develop some young fans for the future.

Do any of you feel the same way?

I love the view from that north endzone just below the Rum Hut. I can't get over how close to the field you are, even from the top row. My buddy has seasons up there, so I've seen a regular season game up there and was there for Grey Cup and just loved it. I'd definitely pay that price for those seats.

13 hours ago, iso_55 said:

I like the view from Section 203 on the goal line. I sat there for 2 games & was happy. Can really feel the wind though from the North. 

My season tickets are in 203, row 5... just shout out bearpants next time you're there and I'll say hi... I prefer this view much better than endzone... I sat in the endzone at Canad Inns for 9 years... being close to the action was nice (especially getting a close up view of events like Milt's record setting TD)... but the view and perspective from the upperdeck is far better than endzone...

We only sat in the endzone in the old stadium b/c it was the cheapest...

I think when they initially set the prices at IGF they were working more on an American model or maybe the Jets/hockey model where "closer equals better."  But you can see from where the empty seats are that those tickets are overpriced. 

As the years have progressed they have worked to slowly rectify the situation.  Even as prices rose elsewhere they actually went down in the end zone.  At least for seasons tickets members. 

There is no doubt the view is better from higher up on the sidelines.  Even in the corners of the upper deck you get a better view than from the endzone.  Having said that my tickets are in the end zone.  Section 140 Row 21.  Even though I'm a little old to party with the guys that sit down low I prefer the atmosphere in that part of the stadium.  Also, my 11 year old loves to go down and beak the opposing team as they enter/exit the filed. 

As for the original question no I don't think it causes people to stay home because there are sideline seats available for every game.  If you're looking for like $10 endzone seats like the old days and trying to fill the stadium that way it's just not going to happen.  You might get a few more people in the park but that just devalues every other seat in the stadium. 

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

My season tickets are in 203, row 5... just shout out bearpants next time you're there and I'll say hi... I prefer this view much better than endzone... I sat in the endzone at Canad Inns for 9 years... being close to the action was nice (especially getting a close up view of events like Milt's record setting TD)... but the view and perspective from the upperdeck is far better than endzone...

You are right by me I am first row 202 in the middle of the row. First year I had season tickets 2000 north end zone tickets cost me $50.

I still don't agree that they are overpriced.  There are going to be empty seats in the stadium regardless, but they want those seats to NOT be along the sidelines, so the stadium looks fuller on TV.  It's not like the stadium would constantly be sold out with cheaper endzone seats, there just would be more people there and less between the endzones.  Pricing this way allows them to shepherd people into the seats they want them in.

17 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

You are right by me I am first row 202 in the middle of the row. First year I had season tickets 2000 north end zone tickets cost me $50.

yeah I remember that... our first year was 2004 and I think the tickets were around $50 for the season... perfect for a student budget!

Ive sat in both endzones at IGF, the view reminds me of that NFL cam that shoots the back or front of the QB, u can still see the play, just tougher to tell the depth of it, might look like 5 yard gain is actually like 14..ect

If i was to sit in one again go with the North, it reminded me the most of section S at canad inns and was a good time, i was there for the last eskimo game and 1 dude sat right in the middle of these dudes in a sherritt jersey, we lost... but he was given the business pretty good anytime the bombers scored, it was funny

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

4 hours ago, bearpants said:

If I get to a game this year that's the section I'll sit in & let you know. Got some issues with my left foot recovering from surgery. Hopefully I'll be back to normal by summer & can climb stairs at IGF. 

Edited by iso_55

I don't hate McMahon....there's better in the league, but I've never had a bad time at McMahon, at football games, concerts or even the Heritage Classic hockey game....

*edit* -- aside from all the Bombers losing!

Edited by Noeller

When you have a disability like I do that's when you notice just how inaccessible McMahon Stadium really is. Only 2 concourses, crowded, no upper decks mean no elevators or escalators to get up to the seats near the top. Even at Canad Inns Stadium walking up the ramps on both sides to the East & West upper decks were easier than the steps on both grandstands at McMahon. There are no ramps at McMahon. just stairs to the top. I can get to seats in the upper decks at IGF way easier.. 

15 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Agree. It needs replacing. But that won't be anytime soon.

All those oil revenues and wealthy oil barons and they're playing in a dilapidated barn like that. Embarrassing, really.

Go Bombers!