Random Death Notice 2016

FrostyWinnipeg

48 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Yes and what is wrong with thinking like that?  If not for Star Wars you wouldn't of even known who she was.

What's wrong with it... it's pretty damn selfish is what's wrong with it. 

And you would be wrong about the second part. She did so much more than Star Wars. 

Edited by Jacquie

2 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

Wrong. She did so much more than Star Wars. 

She is famous for Star Wars and being a former drug addict?

Most people are unaware of her screenplays.

She wasn't some great lady, her trying to push her book by throwing Harrison Ford under the bus was pretty low to earn a few extra bucks. 

Wow. Talking crap about the dead. That's pretty low. 

Some non star wars nerds might know her from when Harry met Sally.  Might have had the best line of the movie 

"The right man for you might be out there right now and if you don't grab him, someone else will, and you'll have to spend the rest of your life knowing that someone else is married to your husband." 

Sorry but she's known for doing way more than star wars. And only disrespectful A holes would remember her as a drug addict 

Edited by Goalie

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

She is famous for Star Wars and being a former drug addict?

Most people are unaware of her screenplays.

She wasn't some great lady, her trying to push her book by throwing Harrison Ford under the bus was pretty low to earn a few extra bucks. 

And you saying this. . Ya carrie fisher had drug problems... lots of people do but she overcame them but you saying that's what people will remember?  All it shows is you are a very disrespectful **** talking terrible person. Who the **** are you to judge other people like you do. You have a child. It's time to GROW UP 

Edited by Goalie

12 hours ago, Goalie said:

And you saying this. . Ya carrie fisher had drug problems... lots of people do but she overcame them but you saying that's what people will remember?  All it shows is you are a very disrespectful **** talking terrible person. Who the **** are you to judge other people like you do. You have a child. It's time to GROW UP 

You are the one acting like an overly sensitive baby.  Time for you to grow up and stop twisting words and crying for attention.    I simply said she was famous for Star Wars and being a former drug addict.     At no point did I judge her for doing drugs and how is am I a terrible person for stating what she was famous for.   I think you need to find your safe space and maybe you need a hug or something?  

Also I'm glad you skipped over the part where I said that she threw Harrison Ford under the bus just to sell a few more copies of her book.   Selective reading at it's finest.  

N-e-ways I still say they go CGI. 

20 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Carrie Fisher died and all you can think of is how it will affect Star Wars?! Wow... just wow. SMH

There is actually major articles already online discussing this exact thing. It's something people think about. We don't know her personally. So how it impacts her role as Leia is directly impactful of us as fans and how we get to honour her and have closure to her as a performer and a role that meant a lot of many people

on that subject the director of IX had hinted he had a larger role for her. That will change now. It depends how VIII ended. If it was a Leia cliffhanger then you need to resolve that through cgi. 

If they were holding off Luke/Leia meeting until IX then you probably still need to do that and boy will it be emotional. 

The CGI success of Tarkin will have fans wanting he same for Fisher. Disney expressly said they had no plans to use it in that way again. But....it will be up to her daughter I imagine (who was TFA). 

IX was scheduled to begin shooting this spring. 

But I think for many of us our sense of homage and closure will come with whatever they do to pay respects to Carrie in the film and the closure of the character in the saga. 

It's unlikely she wouldn't have been famous without Star Wars. She was considered Hollywood royalty. 

Star Wars was her biggest popular mainstream project but she was a great writer as well. And of course the script doctoring she did anonymously. 

But certainly almost everyone immediately thought of Princess Leia. And why not? Seems difficult to create strong female roles and here was Princess Leia in the 70's who was a leader of men, a soldier, a princess, tough, tender, independent, loving, beautiful etc. She was THE example of a strong modern woman. 

55 minutes ago, iHeart said:

while you are all discussing whether or not  Carrie Fisher would have been famous without star wars, her mother has been hospitalized due to a possible stroke

Actually they've stated she just passed away.

RIP Carrie and Debbie.

Here's a list of celebrities that have died this past year.  I think people are thinking this year is worse for celebrity deaths, not for the amount of celebrities that have passed, but because of how notable those celebrities are.

http://www.cnn.com/specials/world/obit-2016

Here's hoping this is it for the rest of the year.

Edited by Logan007