Nichols signs 1 year deal with Bombers

Mike

7 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

No they actually can't.  Now, if you're referring to the potential talent of the top 4 names I think you're being far too hasty in dismissing them after a few appearances.  If cut I expect every one of the 4 would be scooped up by another team.  Crompton and LeFevour if healthy, could still find a spot as backups.

My opinion of all 8 is can go play for anyone but please not here. For the most part I think that is an awful group of quarterbacks. Rakeem Kato looked lost after his first 2 or 3 games. Once other CFL defenses saw his style of play they basically shut him down.

Edited by iso_55

Think of the angst you were feeling every time Willy took a good shot the last few years ... the sight of Brohm warming up ... yikes! Not selling hope but realistically, considering we won't be handcuffed with MB's lousy offence, if Nichols comes into a game I've got a lot more faith that the team can still actually compete in the game. It seemed to me that the team also has more faith in him than they did in the other guys (I remember the first Hamilton game and how after competing in the game, the team totally wilted after Willy went out with that head shot).

On 1/5/2016 at 2:06 PM, IC Khari said:

Tom Clements and Huffer part 2?

Well, not quite but better than it has been in awhile. BTW, in 1986 We had Clements as our starter, Huff as the backup & Jim Zorn as our #3. Unreal. I'd go to the Bomber games back then & marvel at the talent we had at the qb position. I thought it was pretty good back in the day & today when I think back I'm even more impressed. 

12 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Zorn and Clements were never on the active roster at the same time. Zorn was signed mid-1986 as Clements' injury replacement. Tom Muecke was the #3 man, I think.

They were Johnzo. Tom Muecke came later. Zorn was the #3 qb with Clements & Hufnagel.  Zorn never played much & was on the roster for half a season. Clements was never hurt in 86 IIRC. He got hurt in 1984 at the WSF at BC Place when he broke his collarbone. That was the only major injury he had as far as I know.

Edited by iso_55