West Division Final - Edmonton whips Calgary

Mr Dee

Calgary Sun Scott Mitchell is tweeting that Huff has given the Riders permission to talk to John Murphy...

So Taman gets replaced by the same guy twice in his career....   from napkin to database

Should be here replacing Walters & not Regina if that happens. 

I'd like to see Murphy here too. Oh well, looks like we are going to lose that opportunity. If Walters is ineffective this year and gets replaced, hopefully it will be by someone even better than Murphy, although I don't know who that would be. Would like to see Hervey and McAdoo pried away from Edmonton but I don't know what their contract status is.

Yes because these guys would want to leave an organization that the build which is going to the cup for Winnipeg where it's in really rough shape.    All logic points that this will never happen.

Definitely time to rethink keeping Walters around. Not for the reason you listed though. Murphy has always been available to any team willing to make him a GM. Nothing has changed as to Murphy's availability. BTW, Hufnagel has been GM of the Stamps since he took over from Barker many moons ago. He's not moving upstairs, he's just opting to stay there.

Definitely time to rethink keeping Walters around. Not for the reason you listed though. Murphy has always been available to any team willing to make him a GM. Nothing has changed as to Murphy's availability. BTW, Hufnagel has been GM of the Stamps since he took over from Barker many moons ago. He's not moving upstairs, he's just opting to stay there.

I know that Murphy's been the asst GM with Huff as the GM. What's changed is Huff is giving up the coaching part of his job which means Murphy will be doing a lot less of the GM job in Calgary next year. I don't see any need for Calgary to keep Murphy around now that Huff can devote all his time to the GM job.

Will the City be cheering the Esks or redblacks? I can't cheer for Ottawa... They build a GC qualifying team in 2 freaking years. Yeah, I'm bitter but I don't care. Go Esks. . 

I was at the last two Grey Cups in Winnipeg and the crowd was decidely pro-west in both cases (Calgary in 1998 and BC in 2006).

In '91 it was obvious which team virtually everyone in the stadium was cheering for.