Paris Attacks

The Unknown Poster

I hope gay people, women, Christians and Jews are ready to bring in 25,000 people from a country that hates them.

And atheists are no safer.

Fact: a Christian ethnic cleansing has been going on for over 100 years in the middle east. They used to be 20% of the middle east population. ....now.....only 5%.

And now that Europe is being invaded, it looks like the spirit of 1095 is needed again.

I hope we don't wait 400 years (of Muslim aggression) again before doing something this time.

Looks like Washington DC has been named as the next target. 

http://dailysignal.com/2015/11/16/isis-just-named-d-c-as-possible-target-for-terrorist-attacks-has-the-risk-increased/

one relevant segment to Canadians, in light of the Liberal campaign promise re Syrian refugees:

Q: Should the U.S. be concerned about foreign-fighters coming to our shores hidden among Middle Eastern refugees?

A: The government needs to focus on “terrorist travel,” finding and disrupting how groups like ISIS and al-Qaeda attempt to move assets rather than particular groups.

The U.S. has seen it all—homegrown terrorists, refugees, and legal international travel. What we need from Washington is due diligence in how they process all of these.

When it comes to refugees, the administration has an obligation to conduct a substantive risk assessment, fully consult with Congress and follow the law, and thoroughly vet refugee applicants.

French President François Hollande says this is a declaration of war.

We agree. However this declaration of war from radical Islamists happened at 9/11 when planes crashed into the twin towers in New York.

What happened in Paris vs. what happened on 9/11 is different, imo. What isis has done is an act of war.  They are (basically) a State now, with defined territory, functioning economy, and a government. They've made their intentions clear and are attacking countries they've declared to be enemies.

Al Qaeda didn't/doesn't meet any of the bench marks of a State. They are strictly a terrorist organization.

Too many journalists ignore the West's role in all of this. Our countries have spent the past century mistreating the Middle East. When we weren't doing that, we were supplying them with weapons.

If we are to believe the media avoids mentioning Muslims in their news stories because it's not politically correct, then we should believe a thousand times more that our own governments carry a good share of the blame.

Too many journalists ignore the West's role in all of this. Our countries have spent the past century mistreating the Middle East. When we weren't doing that, we were supplying them with weapons.

If we are to believe the media avoids mentioning Muslims in their news stories because it's not politically correct, then we should believe a thousand times more that our own governments carry a good share of the blame.

Sorry Mark, but I'm not buying this apologist argument.  As I said in a previous post, this is just too easy.  Why aren't the Vietnamese self-detonating and murdering people in cold blood in restaurants and theaters in Paris right now?  They have every reason to hate the French.  They were mistreated by "our" countries (I'm not sure who you are lumping into this catch-all) including France and the USA, for well over 100 years.  Over a million of their citizens were murdered.  And yet, the Vietnamese are peaceful and are moving on with their lives.  This isn't about mistreatment (or at least, that's just a small factor) of the Middle East (once again, not sure who you are lumping in to that category).  It's about a religion that seems to be unable to co-exist with anyone else in many parts of the world.  Try going to parts of Myanmar.  Guess which parts you can't travel in.  Try going to the Philippines.  Guess which area you can't travel in.  Were the people of Mindanao in the Philippines "mistreated" by "our" countries?  Of course not.  Yet they are kidnapping and beheading "infidels" too.  I just don't buy it Mark.

Found a couple articles regarding homosexuality in the Middle East...

This one is about a gay Syrian refugee's story told to the U.N...

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/gay-syrian-refugee-details-atrocities-landmark-un-meeting-1054031088

This one is a couple years old and doesn't have Syria specifically but does include all the countries around Syria, so I think it gives a good indication of Syrians' views on homosexuality. And I doubt their views have softened since the poll was done in 2013.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2013/06/04/the-global-divide-on-homosexuality/

So what's the difference between their views on homosexuality and the "Christian right", who are already embedded in N.A.???  Neither group is stupid enough to openly attack gays.

None.  They're both wrong. 

Too many journalists ignore the West's role in all of this. Our countries have spent the past century mistreating the Middle East. When we weren't doing that, we were supplying them with weapons.

Sorry Mark, but I'm not buying this apologist argument. As I said in a previous post, this is just too easy. Why aren't the Vietnamese self-detonating and murdering people in cold blood in restaurants and theaters in Paris right now? They have every reason to hate the French. They were mistreated by "our" countries (I'm not sure who you are lumping into this catch-all) including France and the USA, for well over 100 years. Over a million of their citizens were murdered. And yet, the Vietnamese are peaceful and are moving on with their lives. This isn't about mistreatment (or at least, that's just a small factor) of the Middle East (once again, not sure who you are lumping in to that category). It's about a religion that seems to be unable to co-exist with anyone else in many parts of the world. Try going to parts of Myanmar. Guess which parts you can't travel in. Try going to the Philippines. Guess which area you can't travel in. Were the people of Mindanao in the Philippines "mistreated" by "our" countries? Of course not. Yet they are kidnapping and beheading "infidels" too. I just don't buy it Mark.

Okay. Vietnam sucked it up, China sucked it up, therefore the Middle East should suck it up too. I'm oversimplifying, but that is essentially what you're saying.

@MarkSKrikorian: Flashback: These two Iraqi terrorists were thoroughly vetted refugees https://t.co/KNqY03bs0Q

@MarkSKrikorian: Flashback: This Islamist terrorist from Uzbekistan was approved by the tough refugee screening process https://t.co/pbD6Hior8q

@MarkSKrikorian: Flashback: The Tsarnayev brothers were thoroughly vetted refugees too https://t.co/lWRalLJ6HR

I actually feel like some of this knee jerk. I don't want people that need help and want to be a part of an inclusive sociery to be unduly punished but the more this continues it is something Trudeau will have to respond to with something that invokes confidence in Canadians

(CNN)More than half the nation's governors -- 26 states -- say they oppose letting Syrian refugees into their states, although the final say on this contentious immigration issue will fall to the federal government.

States protesting the admission of refugees range from Alabama and Georgia, to Texas and Arizona, to Michigan and Illinois, to Maine and New Hampshire. Among these 26 states, all but one have Republican governors.

This is interesting

An English-language audio recording allegedly produced by Islamic State militants taking responsibility for and celebrating the Paris attacks sounds like it’s voiced by a Canadian, some experts say.

The recording, released in the wake of Friday’s deadly coordinated attacks that left 129 people dead, was issued in Arabic, French and English. The English version, which runs almost six minutes, features a man’s voice and sounds slickly produced — typical of the ISIS propaganda machine.

The reader’s pronunciation of several words including “out,” “houses,” “vice,” “sniper” and “fighters” “all sound very Canadian,” Charles Boberg, associate professor in McGill University’s linguistics department, wrote in an email.

I actually feel like some of this knee jerk. I don't want people that need help and want to be a part of an inclusive sociery to be unduly punished but the more this continues it is something Trudeau will have to respond to with something that invokes confidence in Canadians

(CNN)More than half the nation's governors -- 26 states -- say they oppose letting Syrian refugees into their states, although the final say on this contentious immigration issue will fall to the federal government.

States protesting the admission of refugees range from Alabama and Georgia, to Texas and Arizona, to Michigan and Illinois, to Maine and New Hampshire. Among these 26 states, all but one have Republican governors.

Brad Wall asking the Shiny Pony to rethink his campaign promise regarding allowing the Syrian flood of unvetted refugees into Canada.   Will the Shiny Pony do that and look uncool to all of his selfie admirers at the G20 conference?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/sask-premier-brad-wall-asks-ottawa-to-suspend-syrian-refugee-plan-1.3321159

This is interesting

An English-language audio recording allegedly produced by Islamic State militants taking responsibility for and celebrating the Paris attacks sounds like it’s voiced by a Canadian, some experts say.

The recording, released in the wake of Friday’s deadly coordinated attacks that left 129 people dead, was issued in Arabic, French and English. The English version, which runs almost six minutes, features a man’s voice and sounds slickly produced — typical of the ISIS propaganda machine.

The reader’s pronunciation of several words including “out,” “houses,” “vice,” “sniper” and “fighters” “all sound very Canadian,” Charles Boberg, associate professor in McGill University’s linguistics department, wrote in an email.

The Norman Bethune of Islamic extremism?

Brad Wall asking the Shiny Pony to rethink his campaign promise regarding allowing the Syrian flood of unvetted refugees into Canada. Will the Shiny Pony do that and look uncool to all of his selfie admirers at the G20 conference?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/sask-premier-brad-wall-asks-ottawa-to-suspend-syrian-refugee-plan-1.3321159

Wall sums up how a lot of people feel:

"I understand that the overwhelming majority of refugees are fleeing violence and bloodshed and pose no threat to anyone," wrote Wall. "However, if even a small number of individuals who wish to do harm to our country are able to enter Canada as a result of a rushed refugee resettlement process, the results could be devastating."

Why aren't the Vietnamese self-detonating and murdering people in cold blood in restaurants and theaters in Paris right now?  They have every reason to hate the French.  They were mistreated by "our" countries (I'm not sure who you are lumping into this catch-all) including France and the USA, for well over 100 years.  Over a million of their citizens were murdered.  And yet, the Vietnamese are peaceful and are moving on with their lives. 

The short answer is because the French are no longer occupying their country. They smashed the French forces in Vietnam and chased out the Americans too. It's easier to move on when the battle is over and you've won.

While they were there, there were countless suicide attacks and bombing in Saigon. I have no doubt the Viet Cong would have brought that to Paris if they had the capability to do so.

Two-thirds of Canadians are in favour of extending the current Canadian Forces mission against ISIS in Iraq, according to an exclusive poll for Global News.

The Global News/Ipsos Reid poll found 66 per cent of Canadians surveyed said they agreed with the Conservative government’s intent to extend the mission past its current end date next month.

Respondents who indicated they vote for the Liberals showed the second-highest support for a mission extension, but far less than Conservative respondents, with 67 per cent saying they strongly or somewhat agree with an extension.

***Even a majority of NDP voters agree.

The hacker group Anonymous has declared war on ISIS.

http://bgr.com/2015/11/17/anonymous-hackers-isis-terrorist/

http://www.youngcons.com/anonymous-launches-war-on-isis-delivers-first-blow-over-paris-attacks/

So far it seems the only thing they have been able to do is hijack some of their Twitter accounts which ISIS says isn't a big deal and they are way out of their league.

Anonymous claims it is only the start and the Twitter accounts were hacked because they are used as a recruiting tool.

“Anonymous from all over the world will hunt you down. We will launch the biggest operation ever against you,” a masked person said in the hackers’ video. “Expect massive cyberattacks. War is declared. Get prepared.” In response, a Telegram channel that is believed to be affiliated with ISIS hackers sent out a warning message in Arabic and English, telling others how to thwart Anonymous hacks.

“What they gonna hack?” ISIS asked, noting that so far, hackers have only managed to hit ISIS-affiliated Twitter accounts and email addresses.